Access to administrator backend after attack by hacker

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Bepper
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Access to administrator backend after attack by hacker

Post by Bepper » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi,

I website of mine have been attacked by a hacker, and now I can't gain access to the backend administrator.
I can't login no matter what I try!? I have access to PHP-admin + FTP upload + have followed the standard backend new passwords and new user solutions as described here:
http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_recov ... assword%3F
and
http://jure-stern.si/blog/joomla-websit ... hat-to-do/

I want to upgrade it from 1.5 to a newer version of Joomla so that the administrator/component JCE dosn't get attacked again as the week point.

Anybody, any idea??
I've tried various ways like a million times.

Kind Regards - Bepper

amitray
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Access to administrator backend after attack by hacker

Post by amitray » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:30 am

The common way through which attack happens is sql injection. Some malicious code is injected to your site that starts playing with your database. Mostly it happens when uploading is enabled and a user is able to upload php files with image extensions like a.php.jpg. In your image folder you may come across these kind of files.
I suggest you to have a thorough scan of all your folders. Also if you are on a shared hosting than it becomes really difficult for you to control things. Its better to chose a good host provider.

Return to “Administration 1.5”