Move article ID at the end of the link ( SEF )

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sharky11
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Move article ID at the end of the link ( SEF )

Post by sharky11 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello!
We recently migrated a local newspaper's website to Joomla! Our problem is, that we want to keep the old CMS link format. We have ~100.000 articles and they are indexed by Google and there are 4-5 millions of backlinks to our articles. The old format is: article_title_ID . So the difference is: "_" instead of "-" and the article ID is located at the end of the link. Is there any way to do this?
Thank You!

Edit: our Joomla! version is 1.5.22. We are using SEF and mod_rewrite.

Belelros
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Move article ID at the end of the link ( SEF )

Post by Belelros » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi!

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do that with the "normal" SEF and mod_rewrite unless you hack in some way the core. AFAIK, you can do the work you want with sh404SEF which is a commercial component.

Hope you can find a solution!

sharky11
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Move article ID at the end of the link ( SEF )

Post by sharky11 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:15 pm

"hack in some way the core" Yes, I know that, this would not be a huge problem, but I hope that somebody could help me where to start.I will try sh404SEF, thank you!

Return to “Administration 1.5”