Unwanted Log-ins

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Barrie McKinnon
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Unwanted Log-ins

Post by Barrie McKinnon » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:53 am

Guys,
www.apartmentdelsol.com / Joomla 1.5.23

A month or so ago my website was suspended because it was sending loads of spam mail. This was due to a contaminated php file - /modules/mod_wdbanners/sm3iv8.php - which was attacked via deficiency in the Joomla code (according to the providers). I Updated to Joomla 1.5.23 (from 1.5.12) by performing a clean install after deleting the live site. I removed the offending php file from old site files then reinstalled database, menus etc from the local version of the site that I had used in development.
I unintsalled the log-in module that allowed users to upload photographs and comment on holidays. Despite having no ability to log in, I am now getting requests to enable new 'users' - on examination, the 'users' are enabled without any admin intervention. I am simply deleting these people from the user list at the moment - the only usr is me, as super admin. What can I do to prevent a recurrence of the spam mail generated by non-exixtent users?

Cheers,
Barrie :(

Return to “Administration 1.5”