problems with Joomla sending emails

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
KaraokeAmerica
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

problems with Joomla sending emails

Post by KaraokeAmerica » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:20 pm

I am having a similar issue to psalamon. I am not using Acymailer, but I can't successfully send mail from this Joomla installation. I am getting messages that mail is successfully sent, but it never arrives.

I am on a host that definitely allows for this service, because I have other Joomla sites on the same hosting account that work perfectly fine in both J1.5 and J2.5 versions. It is just this site that doesn't properly work. I am using the PHP mailing function and the mail configuration is identical to the sites that work.

It's possible that there is a plugin or other extension that is conflicting if that is possible, but I have tried disabling anything that I could think of that is unique for this site and no changes. If anybody has any other ideas, I appreciate the help!

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: problems with Joomla sending emails

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Mod Note: Split post into it's own topic. Please ask your question making a new topic. Do not high-jack someone else's.

RCheesley
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by RCheesley » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Have you set up the mailing settings correctly in your Joomla! configuration? Does the site send from other components which might send an email (for example notifying you that an extension needs updating)?

Ruth
Ruth Cheesley

KaraokeAmerica
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by KaraokeAmerica » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:49 pm

RCheesley wrote:Have you set up the mailing settings correctly in your Joomla! configuration? Does the site send from other components which might send an email (for example notifying you that an extension needs updating)?

Ruth
Ruth, thanks for the response. This is resolved. I don't know how. It doesn't appear to have been a config issue as it was only this one site out of several I have that all work correctly. I contacted the webhost who claimed they found a config problem with MX records, but nothing happened for weeks. Today I tried it and it miraculously started working (pardon the pun) so all I can figure is that they either found something else wrong or whatever they did originally took this long to take effect.

Thanks for the response!

Per: I do have my own topic here:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=703181
I wasn't attempting to hijack anyone's topic. However, the one here was close enough to my issue I wanted to also ask in this one. How is that hijacking? Please don't send me off to some urban dictionary link as if I'm a [redacted]. I did not steal the topic, just added a question of my own that I felt was potentially the same issue.

Have a fine day sir.....;)

Return to “Administration 1.5”