All menu links suddenly broken

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
hkelley
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

All menu links suddenly broken

Post by hkelley » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:11 pm

With no warning all of my main menu links produce 404 "web page not found" errors. The front page is intact and all FP articles and modules display properly. All external links are functioning.

The internal webpage articles and modules are accessible by the editor and can be edited. But, links to the article result in a 404.

This domain is operating on a shared server and two other Joomla (1.5) sites and one Word Press site are affected in the same way. However, none of the other 40 domains on this service have been affected in this way. There are several 1.5.22 sites not affected.

I have tried relinking, creating new links and new articles and there is no difference.

What kind of a fix should I be looking for?

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: All menu links suddenly broken

Post by dpacadmin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Could be an issue with the Joomla SEF settings, try disabling the settings in the Global Configuration settings and test(clear Joomla's cache as well). The SEF settings use a .htaccess file to remove the word "index" from the url path, if the Host did something that affects the .htaccess file that could be the problem. If the Host updated your php to 5.4, or 5.3 if you are using Joomla 1.5.14 or older, then that could be the problem.

hkelley
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: All menu links suddenly broken

Post by hkelley » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:39 pm

That was exactly the problem....htaccess problem. Replaced it with an original .htaccess and everything fell into place. Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “Administration 1.5”