Mailto link not working

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Bikerdave
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Mailto link not working

Post by Bikerdave » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:45 pm

I have seen several posts on the problem where you insert a link into content for email but when clicking there is a string of code transferred rather than just the email address.

the only fix I have found is to turn off the email cloaking plugin which defeats the object of having email cloaking.

However, I have found a solution that appears to work though I have no idea why and as its a 1.5 site that will be upgraded I am not going to spend any more time on it.

If you have an email link using the words John Doe in the article content with [email protected] as the link you will get the java code transferred but if you have [email protected] in the article content it will work correctly. (With email cloaking plugin turned on)

This works

Code: Select all

<a mce_href="mailto:[email protected]" href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>
This does not work

Code: Select all

<a mce_href="mailto:[email protected]" href="mailto:[email protected]">John Doe</a>
(The site in on 1.5.26 and using php5.4)

Hope this helps.
http://www.moorweb.co.uk

Rules Stifle Creativity

Return to “Administration 1.5”