Anyone seen this hack? Mentions "DNBIZ Ltd"

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
nonsavant
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Anyone seen this hack? Mentions "DNBIZ Ltd"

Post by nonsavant » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:36 pm

A friend's Joomla 1.5 site was hacked back in June and I helped them restore it. Afterwards I set up a google alert on the website domain name.

Today, almost 3 months later, I get an email from google alert:

www.[snip website domain].com
[snip website domain].com
DNBIZ Ltd., the affiliate of Hangzhou 365 Internet Ltd., is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy ...
Suffice to say, that content is not expected!

Intrigued, I ran a google search for the dodgy content. Almost 4.5m (yup, million) hits for the string "DNBIZ Ltd., the affiliate of Hangzhou 365 Internet Ltd., is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy".

Many of the hits are obviously Joomla site (URL contains index.php?option=com_content or similar).

So... I guess what I'm getting at is (a) should I be concerned that the website is still vulnerable, or could this be some sort of artifact of the previous hack, and (b) has anyone else come across this?

Thanks!

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Anyone seen this hack? Mentions "DNBIZ Ltd"

Post by mandville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:48 pm

please post your fpa, it may help more
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”