Spam link below the footer. How do I get rid of it?

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cnjstewart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Spam link below the footer. How do I get rid of it?

Post by cnjstewart » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:09 am

I have a small bar along the bottom of a few of the pages on my site that I cannot get rid of. I have been working on the site for the past couple of weeks adding modules, etc. so I am not sure at what point it showed up. I assume it's some sort of hack or an unwanted extra that was brought in with a extension that I added.

I saw a few other posts where people have mentioned JoomSEF as a component that adds a footer to your site but I do not have that one loaded. Are there any other known components or modules that I can check? Or any way that I can look into the code to find exactly what is doing this?

Not sure exactly what is causing it so I am not sure where exactly to post this message. If this is not the correct place please point me to the right forum. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”