New to Joomla, friend has hacked unpatched site. Pointers?

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
yeshello
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

New to Joomla, friend has hacked unpatched site. Pointers?

Post by yeshello » Wed May 08, 2013 6:06 am

Hey there.

Total noob in Joomla, so I apologize in advance for any stupid questions. Friend has been running an unpatched older version of Joomla and got hacked. The backup is equally messed up ( i don't know how long this has been). I get this result running the fpa-en.php . I would loveto simply upgrade it all but I'm not sure where to begin with the patching here, despite all the very useful info generated by this. I've searched the forums and am afraid I didn't get far by following advice in previous threads.

-----

[quote="Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.3) : 8th May 2013"][quote="Basic Environment ::"]Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 1.5.22-Stable (senu takaa ama woi) 04-November-2010

EDIT deleted because I'm a fool and it was quite obvious what needed to be done here.

-----

I'll go find useful posts on how to upgrade, now that I have the site working again. If any mods roll around, feel free to delete this post. :D

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: New to Joomla, friend has hacked unpatched site. Pointer

Post by mandville » Wed May 08, 2013 9:09 am

in the forum stickies is a link to security checklist 7,
follow the instrctions in the section- a safe route....
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”