Joomla doesn't seem to show all web site content

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
FoY_Express
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla doesn't seem to show all web site content

Post by FoY_Express » Fri May 31, 2013 5:59 am

First, I am new to Joomla as of today and am trying to help out an existing IT support client with a problem.

The client's web site has been hacked, either at the server or via a faulty content upload from the former developer.

I can't seem to locate the malicious code using Joomla, but can easily see it when viewing the website source code in a browser. How do I locate the bad content in Joomla to edit it out? I usually code my HTML in a text editor.

Thanks for any assistance. I'm 12 hours into what would have been a 15 minute fix if I could just access the source HTML.

Andy
Last edited by imanickam on Fri May 31, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5 to the forum Security in Joomla! 1.5

johans
I've been banned!

Re: Joomla doesn't seem to show all web site content

Post by johans » Fri May 31, 2013 8:43 am

you need to search it one by one in files on your public_html and also scan your database.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla doesn't seem to show all web site content

Post by mandville » Fri May 31, 2013 10:39 am

There is no point going through the hundreds of files. Follow the established process in the forum sticky security checklist 7
Start by posting your fpa results
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”