Identify Javascript Location

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 security issues.
Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions: http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityV ... Extensions

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security Checklist
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Anton555
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Identify Javascript Location

Post by Anton555 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi,

I am still running a Joomla 1.5 site and it seems that a bot has entered some Javascript that automatically opens another webpage whenever the user clicks ANYWHERE on my website. I viewed the source code when in Chrome and found the code (see attachment)
Capture.JPG

However....when I downloaded the entire site to my hard drive, I did a search through all the source code on all the pages (using the feature in Notepad++) and it couldn't find that script anywhere.

How is this possible? The code is there on my website, but it can't be found when I search the files offline (when they are on my hard drive).

Any idea?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anton555
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Identify Javascript Location

Post by Anton555 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:39 am

I found this script (that I might be able to use)...BUT...I am not sure where to put it. I added it into the HEAD section of the index.php (in the template folder) and nothing happens

Code: Select all

void  addScriptDeclaration  (string $content, [string $type = 'text/javascript'])

Return to “Security in Joomla! 1.5”