TinyMCE isnot working after 1.5.12 upgrade

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bestempire
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

TinyMCE isnot working after 1.5.12 upgrade

Post by bestempire » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:07 am

Hello,

I have just upgraded to Joomla 1.5.12 today

What happened after upgrading is that Plugin TinyMCE DOESNOT work

When creating new article, TinyMCE isnot there

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks

tastrax
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: TinyMCE isnot working after 1.5.12 upgrade

Post by tastrax » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 am

Fine for me - there for a new article and editing existing articles.
http://declarationoffreedom.com - Declaration of freedom - you are free..
http://www.kiva.org - Kiva - loans that change lives

Updated to 2.5.3

bestempire
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bestempire » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:56 am

Here are the errors that I got

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0)
Timestamp: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:54:29 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 12
Code: 0
URI: http://www.xxxxxx.com/administrator/ind ... t&task=add

Message: Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101.
Line: 132
Char: 4
URI: http://www.xxxxx.com/plugins/editors/ti ... ce_gzip.js

Line: 104
Char: 5
URI: http://www.xxxxx.com/administrator/inde ... t&task=add

Line: 392
Char: 1
URI: http://www.xxxxx.com/administrator/inde ... t&task=add

skoobi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by skoobi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:00 am

Yep i got the same problem I didnt even notice intill i saw this thread and went and checked........
Please read the Forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=65

skoobi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by skoobi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:39 am

As a temporary fix i have uploaded the 1.5.9 plugin for theTinyMCE editor.
Please read the Forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=65

rburroughs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rburroughs » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 pm

There are a number of people having this problem. View forum article http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=431&t=410753 No one has come up with a definitive solution that I know of yet.

Cyspoz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Cyspoz » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 pm

I have the same issue as bestempire but then with IE 7.

thegioiphatminh
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by thegioiphatminh » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:43 pm

Because you used "Custom CSS Classes".

Go to menu Extensions >> Plugins >> choose "Editor - TinyMCE 2.0" >> Clear "Custom CSS Classes".

And press [Save] button

Or, go to line 115 of [Joomla]/plugins/editors/tinymce.php

Replace

Code: Select all

$content_css = 'content_css : "'. $content_css_custom .'" ,';
by

$content_css = 'content_css : "'. $content_css_custom .'"';
Good luck :)
.: http://vinaora.com :. Vinaora Cu3er 3D Slideshow, Vinaora Visitors Counter, Vinaora World Time Clock

Joomla! Guides, Joomla! Tutorials, Joomla! Support and Services!

antihack
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by antihack » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:52 pm

I fixed this but going to:

Go to menu Extensions >> Plugins >> choose "Editor - TinyMCE 2.0" >> and setting Functionality to "Extended"

it was set to advanced, after switching it to extended all of my buttons came back.

vickipayne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vickipayne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:26 pm

I am having the issues with TinyMCE as well (with today's upgrade to Joomla 1.5.12) - on Firefox 3.0.11 and IE7. I changed the Functionality setting to Extended. That made more editing buttons appear, but changes are still not being saved. I did not test thoroughly, but I tried to change horizontal space on an image from 5 to 10. The change wasn't saved correctly - it changed horizontal space to 0. There are other image saving problems, too, though text seems to be saving all right with the Extended setting (haven't tested thoroughly, as I said). Another problem I see is that the text box widths (in the Article [Edit] section, still) are not formatting correctly. I don't know if it is affecting functionality, but it looks bad.

Please, if someone has a solution could you please post it? I have nearly 20 sites running 1.5, and I upgraded them all today.... should I download an earlier version of TinyMCE??

Thanks!!

antihack
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by antihack » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Try turning off Code Cleanup.

There are 2 options for this to turn off. 1 for startup and 1 for save. Disable them both.

Go to menu Extensions >> Plugins >> choose "Editor - TinyMCE 2.0" >> then disable, Code Cleanup on Startup and Code Cleanup on Save

vickipayne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vickipayne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:11 pm

I appreciate the suggestion, Antihack. But I'm not sure that turning off Code Cleanup is a good option - though I just tested it and it does seem to fix the issue. We have a lot of web clients who are used to the wysiwyg cleanup behavior they've been seeing and I wonder if this will cause changes to any processes - embedding video, javascript, etc. or will cause some other new behavior. Also, are there any security issues with having code cleanup off?

Does anyone else have any ideas or comments on turning off code cleanup? My main concern, to repeat, is that TinyMCE is no longer saving the image parameters, as of the upgrade to Joomla 1.5.12 - our server specs are up-to-date and I've tested in different browsers with same result. Also, the upgrade makes some elements of the Articles pages in admin (edit and add) too large, overflowing out of the containing divs. Anyone else seeing that?

Vicki

bestempire
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bestempire » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:14 am

Do you have any idea how to go back to previous version of TinyMCE since it didnot work after my trying of all suggestions

Many thanks

skoobi
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by skoobi » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:46 am

Ive uploaded the plugin files from joomla 1.5.11 and that works fine....

John666
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by John666 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 am

I have these problems too. I upgraded to 1.5.12 from 1.5.11 and now cannot save anything using Tinymice. The Save and Apply buttons just seem to do nothing. I changed to extended mode and got more buttons, and tried disabling "clean-up on save", but no difference.

ste
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ste » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:22 am

vickipayne wrote:I am having the issues with TinyMCE as well (with today's upgrade to Joomla 1.5.12) - on Firefox 3.0.11 and IE7. I changed the Functionality setting to Extended. That made more editing buttons appear, but changes are still not being saved. I did not test thoroughly, but I tried to change horizontal space on an image from 5 to 10. The change wasn't saved correctly - it changed horizontal space to 0. There are other image saving problems, too, though text seems to be saving all right with the Extended setting (haven't tested thoroughly, as I said). Another problem I see is that the text box widths (in the Article [Edit] section, still) are not formatting correctly. I don't know if it is affecting functionality, but it looks bad.

Please, if someone has a solution could you please post it? I have nearly 20 sites running 1.5, and I upgraded them all today.... should I download an earlier version of TinyMCE??

Thanks!!
Hi vickipayne, I'm facing the same problem with image setting saving: alignement and spacing are stripped by the editor TinyMCE. To solve this issue, go to Plugin Manager > Editor - TinyMCE and set the parameter Code cleanup on save to Never.
Now I open a new item in bug tracker, I think it's not normal that the editor strip this simple code
Italian Joomla Translation Team Coordinator
Joomla! Translation Coordination Team
ContentMap plugin and module - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... /maps/7225

Darkick
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Darkick » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:23 am

I have another problem with new TinyMCE: absolute urls in images and mce_real_... attributes.
In previous version urls for images makes relative and mce_real_src attribute excluded from article before saving. In the new version it's not so, and I didn't find code for this in the plugin.

ste
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ste » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:59 am

ContentMap plugin and module - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... /maps/7225

Yorb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Yorb » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:03 pm

thegioiphatminh wrote:... go to line 115 of [Joomla]/plugins/editors/tinymce.php

Replace

$content_css = 'content_css : "'. $content_css_custom .'" ,';
by

$content_css = 'content_css : "'. $content_css_custom .'"';
Good luck :)
THANK YOU. This fixed my problem. Not only did this little coding snafu cause TinyMCE to break if anything was in the custom CSS class field, but since 1.5.12 doesn't see my editor.css if it's in the template root, the only way I can get my custom classes in the editor is to import them via the custom file path (in my case, /templates/my_template_name/css/editor.css).

vickipayne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vickipayne » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:09 pm

skoobi wrote:Ive uploaded the plugin files from joomla 1.5.11 and that works fine....
Hi, can anyone else verify that this fix clears up the issues? If so, Skoobi, can you itemize what those files are so everyone will know which ones to upload, or better yet attach them here in a zip?

I have received reports today that code cleanup OFF is breaking tables and urls in some scenarios. I'm trying to duplicate this so I can submita bug. Is anyone else seeing problems with having code cleanup off?

vickipayne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vickipayne » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:02 pm

skoobi wrote:Ive uploaded the plugin files from joomla 1.5.11 and that works fine....
I went ahead and tried this myself and it does appear to work. I downloaded a full version of 1.5.11 here - http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... ge_id=4556 (near bottom of page).

I then unzipped the file locally and re-zipped only the plugins/editors folder. Then I uploaded it to the plugins folder in a 1.5.12 build and extracted the zip. -- Note, I tried to attach the zip file here but it was over 500kb so I could not -- anyway, you should be able to do it from these instructions.

I've only tested it for a few minutes but it seems to be working great so far. I did not have to change any of the plugin settings so they are left at default with Functionality: Advanced and Code Cleanup on Startup: Off and Code Cleanup on Save: Always.

The only slight weirdness I saw was the text "Path:" or "Path:p" above the lower Image, Pagebreak and Readmore buttons, but this doesn't seem to be affecting anything. There may be some other language issues I haven't spotted yet.

I've only tested this on a test site so want to hear if anyone finds any other issues before I install on our live sites.

vickipayne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vickipayne » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:01 am

Well, here I am replying to my own posts again... ;) I've discovered that with Plugins>Editor TinyMCE Functionality set to Extended and all Code Cleanup turned off, the Readmore is broken! I would like to know if everyone else is seeing this, it is quick to test....

This may be a new topic, I'm not sure - feel free to move if that's true.

ste
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ste » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:51 am

Hi vickipayne, could you write the link to your site to verify why the read more is broken?

jdinse
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jdinse » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Yorb, your're right! I wonder why the css styles defined by editor.css of my own template are not included by TinyMCE. In plugins/tinymce.php the lines 130-157 seem a little bit strange to me. It looks like the editor.css of the template folder is never being used, but template.css and the system/css/editor.css file instead. ... Does that make any sense? Seems like a bug here.

I made a workaround using some code of the previous tinymce.php. First of all replace line 115 like thegioiphatminh wrote. Then replace line 132-146 with the following code:

$file_path = JPATH_SITE .'/templates/'. $template .'/css/';
				if ( !file_exists( $file_path .DS. 'editor.css' ) ) {
					$template = 'system';
				}

$content_css = 'content_css : "' . JURI::root() .'templates/'. $template . '/css/editor.css"';
Now TinyMCE should show the css styles defined in your templates editor.css.

vickipayne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vickipayne » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:01 pm

ste wrote:Hi vickipayne, could you write the link to your site to verify why the read more is broken?
Hi, ste - I've pm'd you with urls for 3 sites I've tested. The readmore issue has been confirmed now, but only on IE7 (I'm seeing it in FF 3.0.11 as well). There's a patch here http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=17073 - I tried it but did not see any change.

bobcole
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bobcole » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 pm

On one of the other forums a solution was suggested: Clear your browser's cache.
Take a look at: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=430&t=416218
and scroll down toward the bottom, look for posts from "ebright" for the solution.
Worked for me with Safari and Firefox on my Mac.

vickipayne
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vickipayne » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks, bobcole. No, I tried that early on and while I think clearing the cache helped some who were have Save and Apply issues, I found it didn't help some of the other problems, specifically the readmore behavior. Has anyone else found that when they add an article with 1.5.12 and insert a "Read More" break, the read more link does not appear in the frontend and the text both before and after the readmore break does appear?

Joomla!Myanmar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joomla!Myanmar » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:44 pm

vickipayne wrote:Well, here I am replying to my own posts again... ;) I've discovered that with Plugins>Editor TinyMCE Functionality set to Extended and all Code Cleanup turned off, the Readmore is broken! I would like to know if everyone else is seeing this, it is quick to test....

This may be a new topic, I'm not sure - feel free to move if that's true.
The readmore also broken in 3 sites I've update. I temporary have to use JCE and use its readmore funcion. The default readmore keep taking me back to article manager page when click on it.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:46 am

Greetings. I join a growing list, it seems, of Joomla 1.5.12 users who have recently upgraded only to discover that our WYSIWYG editor of choice has been rendered useless! This is not a disappointment. This is a major problem!

Rather than spend several more hours in clumsily fumbling around, working to overcome the severe limitations of the new, updated tinyMCE editor, I searched here for an alternative, such as reverting to J! 1.5.11. Imagine my horror when I discovered that there isn't available the appropriate kit for my purposes! All of the J! 1.5.11 kits have been removed! :'(

My specific request is to obtain the relevant installation kit for upgrading from J! 1.5.8 to J! 1.5.11. Alternatively, If someone could point me in the right direction to correctly install the J! 1.5.11 tinyMCE component, I would be most grateful. In the meantime we can only hope and pray that the wrecked J! 1.5.12 tinyMCE component can be restored to operation, as it was in the earlier version.

Thank you.

mariealline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mariealline » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:01 am

skoobi wrote:As a temporary fix i have uploaded the 1.5.9 plugin for theTinyMCE editor.
This worked for me as well. Thank you for the suggestion. My errors with the latest version of Joomla (In the firefox console) are:

[Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument" nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)" location: "JS frame :: https://mysite.com/media/system/js/mootools.js :: anonymous :: line 41" data: no]
and with this on the blue line:

mootools.js(line 41)
and

tinyMCE.activeEditor is undefined
submitbutton("save")index.php?option=com_content (line 409)
[Break on this error] }
and

[Exception... "'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "cycleHeader"' when calling method: [nsITreeView::cycleHeader]" nsresult: "0x80570030 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JSOBJECT_HAS_NO_FUNCTION_NAMED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/tree.xml :: onxblclick :: line 1276" data: no]
submitbutton("apply")index.php?option=com_content (line 409)
[Break on this error] }
Just reporting what I have found. Hope this helps. ;)
Thank you,
Marie Alline
https://mariealline.com

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”