Help! Drop-down menus in back end don't work anymore

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security and Performance FAQs
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
meringa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help! Drop-down menus in back end don't work anymore

Post by meringa » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:25 am

Hello :) ! Need help about this problem, I work with 1.5.15 Joomla version: my host provider had a migration of my site, changing password. I continue to update my site, but the drop-down menu doesn't work anymore, so I can't access to these options in the menu (modules, components, menus, etc.). I tried to solve this problem by copying some directories of the installation as administrator, components, inlcudes, language, libraries, modules, plugins and templates, and these files changelog.php, credits.php, license.php. Using the same process, I upgrade to the 1.5.26 without success.
Now I have to add a new menu but I can't access to the modules environment without using the drop-down menu.

I tried different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc.), different OS (Windows 7 and XP), different workstations: the malfunction is the same!

Can you help me, please? :'(

Franck974
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Help! Drop-down menus in back end don't work anymore

Post by Franck974 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. Can anybody help solve this? Even an upgrade seems not be possible without access to Extensions.
I have version 1.5.22
May be by knowning the URL of the Extensions menu, in order to upgrade to version 2.5?
Or is there another method to upgrade "externally" instead of through an extension like jUpgrade?

Thank you
Franck

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Help! Drop-down menus in back end don't work anymore

Post by dpacadmin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Try uploading the media folder again from the same Joomla version you are using. From another Joomla install copy the path to the menu items you need and paste into the site's url to get to the menu items for now. Try enable or disable of Mootools.

makedifferent
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Dropdown Backend dropdown glitch

Post by makedifferent » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:03 am

Hi,
As a lot of people, I had this glitch where the dropdown stopped working after my Joomla 3.3.4 update. When clicking on the dropdown list element, nothing appeared. So I've searched and tested all the situations described in the following topics:

viewtopic.php?f=708&p=3157840
viewtopic.php?f=709&t=837957
viewtopic.php?t=249201
viewtopic.php?f=708&t=857405
viewtopic.php?f=433&t=784493

All without success, so here is the working solution I found.
In fact, the dropdown area was not displaying at the right place.

Open your FTP path to:
www/administrator/templates/isis/css/template.css

And just add these two lines at the end of the file:

div.chzn-drop{
position:absolute!important;
left:0px!important;
}

save your file and reload

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 1.5”