Problem in a Joomla 1.5 site performance

Discussion regarding Joomla! 1.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security and Performance FAQs
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lstathop
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problem in a Joomla 1.5 site performance

Post by lstathop » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Hello

I have a friend that has the http://www.zdn.gr/ and he told me that his server provider complains to him that when a user try to view the site it opens a session on the server that takes almost 700mb per session and that makes the site slow and makes problem with the server resources.

My friend ask me what he can look and do in order for the site to be more effective and fast.

Thanks in advanced

Quazar-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Problem in a Joomla 1.5 site performance

Post by Quazar-X » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

700 MB

i doubt that number.

I tested your site and it took 9 sec to load. You should opt for PHP caching. APC is good. Will help you to reduce server usage.
I Guess you are using VPS with atlease 1 GB ram.

Only install extension that are essential, because sometime badly coded extensions consumes lot of resources for nothing
http://www.expothemes.com :pop -- Themes For Windows 7 & Windows 8

awelch02
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Problem in a Joomla 1.5 site performance

Post by awelch02 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:31 am

The biggest issue with the load time on the page is linking to large sized images. For example I found one single image that is over 2 Mb. Second, the site does not make good use of caching through htaccess. You can also make some speed improvements by moving your less essential js out of the head.

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 1.5”