Tutor/Student System of Learning

Discussion and education for beginner / novice programmers interested in embarking on the development process to take advantage of the extensible nature of the Joomla! CMS.
jalil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Tutor/Student System of Learning

Post by jalil » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:37 am

I have a proposal. Learning is a process different for different people. Some learn by doing, some by observing and some others by attending classes, and yet some use all and other imaginative methods. Copying is also a method of learning proven to work very well.

I am choosing the tutor/student method of learning as it works well for me, and i'm sure for may others as well.
So, what i'm driving at is that since we have this forum, we can sort ourselves out by looking for our own perrsonal tutors here from someone willing to volunteer.

As a start, i would give first, then hope to receive, so i would volunteer myself to teach someone php and html/css by email. I will  accept one student first, then if the load is manageable, i will accept more.

In return i hope to receive a personal tutor of my choice amongst volunteers. ( she must be pretty and not hot tempered and makes good tea. :pop ).
But to earn this i would tutor first. So PM me if you wish to be my slave student. Subject would be how to write bad PHP codes and make horrible HTML/CSS layouts. In english only please.

timothy.stiffler
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Tutor/Student System of Learning

Post by timothy.stiffler » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:57 pm

Aha! This mis exactly what I was looking for! I just wrote a post on this, but I'll still leave it up in case others have the same thoughts. Thank you so much! PM'ing you now!
AnotherGuy's Weblog - http://anotherguy.us/

jalil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Tutor/Student System of Learning

Post by jalil » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:23 am

timothy.stiffler wrote: Aha! This mis exactly what I was looking for! I just wrote a post on this, but I'll still leave it up in case others have the same thoughts. Thank you so much! PM'ing you now!
alrite, youre on....lets get moving. enjoy !

Return to “Joomla! Coding 101”