Newbie Coders List

Discussion and education for beginner / novice programmers interested in embarking on the development process to take advantage of the extensible nature of the Joomla! CMS.
jalil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Newbie Coders List

Post by jalil » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:18 am

Don't know where i can find a list of coders that is willing to share codes or looking for codes. I guess here is the place to ask, but there is no newbie website as yet. So what do i do.....this forum is all good....but the system is such that discussions amongst newbies aren't taking place, if you noticed. And there a real good reason for that.

I guess i'm pushing it a bit, but i'm after my coders heaven still.....haven't seen any yet. And this forum has the best chance of getting to it. So you newbies, wake up, speak up ! Let's rock man...where have you been !?

jserver
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Newbie Coders List

Post by jserver » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:43 am

Hi jalil,

I am PHP coder, and interested very much about Joomla!. But I am working such a project where PHP / Linux is using But not Joomla.
so if you take initiative I am ready to join. if this one will be active interaction. then most welcome. I am all most always in day time avaliable at skype/yahoo/google talk.

I am interested in any joomla related work. yet not able to devote full time but time I devote will satisfy you [I think  :)]
I also join http://joomlacode.org/gf/user/jserver/?action=Projects, if you want we start discussion & practice any of the joomla extension.

I love joomla! activity & also project structure. So any form of joomla coding activity will be welcome from this Newbie.

Hope you have many other idea

Thanks,
Sukalyan Banga

jalil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by jalil » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:34 pm

jserver wrote: Hi jalil,

I am PHP coder, and interested very much about Joomla!. But I am working such a project where PHP / Linux is using But not Joomla.
so if you take initiative I am ready to join. if this one will be active interaction. then most welcome. I am all most always in day time avaliable at skype/yahoo/google talk.

I am interested in any joomla related work. yet not able to devote full time but time I devote will satisfy you [I think  :)]
I also join http://joomlacode.org/gf/user/jserver/?action=Projects, if you want we start discussion & practice any of the joomla extension.

I love joomla! activity & also project structure. So any form of joomla coding activity will be welcome from this Newbie.

Hope you have many other idea

Thanks,
great, glad to have you around....no i will not use chat/skype....email is enough...ideas are plenty abound and being discussed all over the place here and there in 101 maybe even outside, but there is need to have some meaningful sized group of newbies who mingle amogst newbies so that we can blindly lead each other into clearer waters.

i'm quite afraid to post email here for fear of spammers, but i would on PM basis, minimising the risk.
what on earth are you doing with php anyways ? be careful mate, if J1.5 is any indication of the joomlas to come, you would one day be running for JAVA books ! lol .... :pop

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:42 pm

Jalil -
There is LOTS of discussion going on in this forum.  :P

If we want to discuss tools, there is the Tools of the Trade section. In there, Scott provided instructions for how to install and configure and IDE environment (Windows, Linux). There are also discussions about a screencasting environment we are trying to figure out - those with skills in that area (or interest) should feel free to jump in.

There is a Coding Question and Answer section where there are already TWO PAGES of topics about LOTS of ideas on projects. There's a Think tank for project ideas and hooking up with partners. And, a Developer Lab where course work, etc., can be discussed.

Also, again, I encourage anyone interested to join us in the Skype Chat Line for this forum area if you are interested in more interactive discussions.

HTH!
Amy :)

jalil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by jalil » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:29 am

AmyStephen wrote: Jalil -
There is LOTS of discussion going on in this forum.  :P

If we want to discuss tools, there is the Tools of the Trade section. In there, Scott provided instructions for how to install and configure and IDE environment (Windows, Linux). There are also discussions about a screencasting environment we are trying to figure out - those with skills in that area (or interest) should feel free to jump in.

There is a Coding Question and Answer section where there are already TWO PAGES of topics about LOTS of ideas on projects. There's a Think tank for project ideas and hooking up with partners. And, a Developer Lab where course work, etc., can be discussed.

Also, again, I encourage anyone interested to join us in the Skype Chat Line for this forum area if you are interested in more interactive discussions.

HTH!
:-[ .ok dokey. point taken. but i wanna talk to other newbies. and busy myself. thanks much.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:39 pm

jalil wrote:
:-[ .ok dokey. point taken. but i wanna talk to other newbies. and busy myself. thanks much.
But, Jalil! We *are* newbies! lol! I guess I am uncertain what you might be hoping for. But, if you can clearly articulate specifically what you would like to see happen, I am certain others will help you make it happen!

jalil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by jalil » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:15 pm

:pop

ta Amy.

Return to “Joomla! Coding 101”