OpenX admanager API

Discussion and education for beginner / novice programmers interested in embarking on the development process to take advantage of the extensible nature of the Joomla! CMS.
acoupland
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

OpenX admanager API

Post by acoupland » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Hello!

I'm from over at OpenX, an open source adserving software.
Our 2.5-beta will soon be released as 2.6 (stable) and with it comes the new API for developers.

Many OpenX publishers use Joomla, and I thought it'd be a good opportunity to come into the Developer Zone and give hints to anyone wanting to develop a Component/Module which might take advantage of the API.

The API lets you control users & banner inventory, grab statistics, and generate invocation tags. We've put a page up to try and help out the development community:
http://www.openx.org/community/developers

I'll be around in the Joomla forums to try and help out with anyone trying to get started with the API. It might help to PM me to bring my attention to a specific thread.

I'm sure people could come up with some creative uses of the API, and please be sure to give us any feedback on improvements/features needed.

Cheers,
Arlen Coupland
OpenX

DroBuddy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: OpenX admanager API

Post by DroBuddy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:43 am

Excellent! I'm a huge fan of OpenX and would love to see this happen. I'm also glad to see someone from the OpenX community come and be proactive. Hopefully, some dev's within the J! community will do the same and we'll be able to get this extension up 'n running.

(I've never found a suitable advertising platform for J!, so an OpenX extension would truly be a blessing!)

acoupland
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: OpenX admanager API

Post by acoupland » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words - I definitely think that streching across communities is something open-source apps should do more often, as its beneficial to everyone involved.

I personally use Joomla all the time and this forum has helped me out many times - hopefully I can give something back

Cheers,
Arlen

Return to “Joomla! Coding 101”