Extended Menu

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
RCheesley
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Extended Menu

Post by RCheesley » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Just wondered if/when there will be a version for 1.6?
Ruth Cheesley

Woods
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Extended Menu not compatible with php 5.3

Post by Woods » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:35 am

Hi,

Since my host upgraded to PHP 5.3 (5.3.2-1ubuntu4.2) I get the following errors:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/exmenu.class.php on line 56

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/exmenu.class.php on line 219

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/factory.menuloader.class.php on line 27

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/factory.menuloader.class.php on line 31

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/factory.menuloader.class.php on line 35

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/factory.menuloader.class.php on line 39

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/factory.menuloader.class.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/factory.menuloader.class.php on line 47

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/factory.menuview.class.php on line 28

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/factory.menuview.class.php on line 34

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/factory.menuview.class.php on line 38

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/factory.menuview.class.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/factory.menuview.class.php on line 47

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/factory.menuview.class.php on line 51

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/factory.menuview.class.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/factory.menuview.class.php on line 59

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/menuview.class.php on line 166

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/menuview.class.php on line 168

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/view/pattemplate.menuview.class.php on line 38

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menucache.class.php on line 353

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menucache.class.php on line 356

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menucache.class.php on line 360

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menuloader.class.php on line 76

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menuloader.class.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menuloader.class.php on line 113

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/.../.../HTML/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menu.menuloader.class.php on line 335

Can you help?

Regards,
Paul

esperado
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Extended Menu not compatible with php 5.3

Post by esperado » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Woods wrote:Hi,
Since my host upgraded to PHP 5.3 (5.3.2-1ubuntu4.2) I get the following errors:
Can you help?
Yes, ask your host to let-you use a correct version of PHP: Ie 5.2XX
As you can see, 5.3 brakes compatibility with previous versions. And this will breakes a lot of websites on his server, i cannot imagine that.
And it is a shame this version is not named as php 2.6 with a BIG warning as this version is not compatible with previous 5 versions. !!!
An other solution is to change your php code according to the errors with non deprecated code... But there is a lot of chances that you will got hundreds of similar errors with Joomla, or other addons: I tried PHP 5.3 on my server, and give-it up: too much work...

Woods
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Woods » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:04 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My host won't downgrade. As you suggested that leaves us: adjusting the Extended Menu.
Joomla! CMS (as well as a lot of extentions) has been php 5.3.x certified since version 1.5.15, it would be great if someone could make the Extended Menu compatible with php 5.3.x too. Anyone?

Regards,
Paul

esperado
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by esperado » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Woods wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your reply. My host won't downgrade.l
I can't imagine they don't let -you the choise.
Had-you tried: AddType application/x-httpd-php52 .php in your htacess ?
If not, can-you publish the code at the faulty lines ? We will give-you a fix...

Woods
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Woods » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Apoligize for the delay. Appreciate your offer to give me a fix. What code do you mean by 'faulty lines'? I will send it to you.
Regards,
Paul

esperado
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by esperado » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Woods wrote:What code do you mean by 'faulty lines'?
In your php.ini, set error level to "error_reporting(E_ALL);"
Just copy and paste here the error messages concerning your problem.
Regards.

sguimaraes
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by sguimaraes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi, I just installed this module after trying at least 5 different non-commecial solutions. this one seems to be by far the best!

I am a beginner, so, one little problem its puzzling me. somehow, all my menu items appear as 'sublevel'. while the class mainlevel appears on the top, in blank.

colors are weird and the menu is not really stylished yet, but I believe my problem is to understand all the 'parameters' at the Module management page.

All the itens of my menu are already assigned. if they all appear as sublevel, then i have no way of making a difference between itens and subitens.. what i am doing wrong? How can I make my main itens to appear as class 'mainlevel'??
this is the prototype:
www.chandrabrooks.com/joomla

thank you!
s.

FabNicky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Extended Menu w/ Son of Suckerfish, no submenus

Post by FabNicky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere in this forum. I've searched and searched and haven't found an answer that has worked for me.

I am using:
Joomla: ver. 1.5.14
Not sure of the extended menu version, but should be the most recent as I downloaded it from the site recently.

The menu displays properly in user 3 position, but the problem is that the submenus do not appear. They're not being rendered at all.

I'll try to give as much info as I can to help anyone who can give me a solution.

The site is http://rmjetalumni.org/cms. There are submenus created for the About and Links tabs in the Menu Item Manager, but as you can see, they do not show at all when you mouse over or click those items on the website.

I have installed the extended menu module and enabled it in the module manager. I've also disabled the main menu module (standard Joomla menu that I was using).

Extended Menu settings are as follows:
-Position: user3
-Order: 0::Main Menu
-Menu Assignment-Menus: All

-Menu Class Suffix: -son-of-suckerfish-horizontal
-Module Class Suffix: -son-of-suckerfish-horizontal
-Enable Cache: No
-Menu Name: mainmenu (this is the name of my menu)
-Source Type: Menu
-Menu Style: Flat List
-Expand Menu: Yes
-Hide First Entry: No
-Show Parent: No
-Begin with current item level: No
-Enable query cache: No
-Parse access key: Strip markup
-Level class: Default
-Active menu class: both
-Element ID: No
-Enable menu template: Yes
-Template name: menu.html
-Resolve itemid by content item: No
-Current/active item highlighting: Smart - item id or other
-Current item duplicates: convert to active

For each submenu, I've copied the extended menu module and changed settings to:
For the submenu under About:
-Position: user3
-Order: 2::Extended Menu
-Menu Assignment-Menus: Select menu items from list (I've selected only items under About)

-Menu Class Suffix: -son-of-suckerfish-horizontal
-Module Class Suffix: -son-of-suckerfish-horizontal
-Enable Cache: No
-Menu Name: mainmenu (this is the name of my menu)
-Source Type: Menu
-Menu Style: Tree List
-Expand Menu: Yes
-Hide First Entry: No
-Show Parent: No
-Parent menu item: 38 (this is the id of the About menu)
-Begin with current item level: Yes
-Menu count: 1
-Enable query cache: No
-Parse access key: Strip markup
-Level class: Default
-Active menu class: none
-Element ID: No
-Enable menu template: No
-Template name: menu.html
-Resolve itemid by content item: Yes
-Current/active item highlighting: Smart - item id or other
-Current item duplicates: convert to active

I'm sure that I must be doing something wrong in the backend as I know that there are many people using this combo for horizontal menus with no issues.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as I've been searching and playing with this for months.

bzbeauty
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bzbeauty » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:47 am

Please Help - Sorry, I posted the original problem here - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=556870

bzbeauty
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bzbeauty » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:30 am

Dear Woods,

I don't know if you got a response yet since it's been over a month. But the new version of php won't allow instantiations that look like...

Code: Select all

$view     =& new ListExtendedMenuView();
so I replaced it with...

$view     = new ListExtendedMenuView();
but then again, that might be the cause of my problem... It works but it displays the wrong menu options.

RA Dunk
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by RA Dunk » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:50 am

Anybody got a how to or know of a demo site for getting this up and running, just installed it but I'm not really sure what to do or how to get it up and running correctly.

RA Dunk
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by RA Dunk » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Anyone?

elasticgirl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by elasticgirl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:01 pm

hi,
maybe this tutorial can help somebody http://wiki.joomla.it/index.php?title=M ... _a_discesa ;)
Realizzazione siti web * http://www.settingweb.it

RA Dunk
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by RA Dunk » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks for the help,I will give this a read over, had all but given up on help on this one. :-)

1984Carol
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 1984Carol » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:12 am

ok, i'm quite keen to try this module, but I'm stuck at square one! how do I make a new menu that uses the extended menu module? I can make a new menu, but it seems to only let me make a standard one... I know I'm missing something basic, sorry, can someone help me?

elasticgirl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by elasticgirl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:22 am

Hi 1984Carol,
1) download the module http://de.siteof.de/extended-menu.html
2) download the template http://de.siteof.de/extended-menu-templates.html
3) upload both following the instructions
4) search "Extended Menu" in the Extension>Manager Module and enable it
5) in the Parameter of "Extended Menu" select the Menu name to apply this extension
6) don't forget setup the Menu Class Suffix to -suckerfish and the Template Name following the path of your template (see the instruction http://de.siteof.de/extended-menu.html)
that's all...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Realizzazione siti web * http://www.settingweb.it

1984Carol
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 1984Carol » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:53 am

elasticgirl, thanks for your reply. I shall get to it!

1984Carol
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 1984Carol » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:03 pm

elasticgirl wrote:Hi 1984Carol,
2) download the template http://de.siteof.de/extended-menu-templates.html
...don't forget setup the Menu Class Suffix to -suckerfish and the Template Name following the path of your template (see the instruction http://de.siteof.de/extended-menu.html)
that's all...
Ok, this plugin is probably not for me, because I don't know which template to install, if that affects the look of my page, and I don't know how to setup the menu class suffix!

1984Carol
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 1984Carol » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:35 am

OK I think I've resolved it now. I just had to read the instructions for the installation of the template for the menu a bit more slowly... :-[

In case anyone's wondering, you can install the template for the menu in a subfolder of your template, so it doesn't change the look of the site. It's just css to drive the menu... I think.

I'm still not sure what all the suffix stuff is about...? But for me I suppose it doesn't matter - yet.

Thanks.

vitaforse
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by vitaforse » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Hello,

I am new to this great module and have some questions.

1) Is it possible to have individual id or class name to each <li> tag?
Maybe it is possible to use some hack?

Using extended-menu-module-1.0.6.zip
Settings:
Menu Style -> CSS tree
Level Class -> Mainlevel and Sublevel
Active Menu Class -> Both
Element Id -> Yes

At the moment menu structure is such:

<ul id="menulist_root-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" class="mainlevel-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" >
<li> <a href="/--" class="mainlevel-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" id="menulink_1-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal">About Joomla!</a></li>
<li> <a href="/--" class="mainlevel-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" id="menulink_2-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal">Features</a></li>
<li> <a href="/---" class="mainlevel-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" id="menulink_3-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal">News</a></li>
</ul>
It will be great if will be something like this (id="item1" mentioned as example):

<ul id="menulist_root-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" class="mainlevel-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" >
<li id="item1"> <a href="/--" class="mainlevel-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" id="menulink_1-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal">About Joomla!</a></li>
<li id="item2"> <a href="/--" class="mainlevel-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" id="menulink_2-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal">Features</a></li>
<li id="item3"> <a href="/---" class="mainlevel-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal" id="menulink_3-son-of-suckerfish-horizontal">News</a></li>
</ul>
2) I have submenus. When my cursor is on top level menu item, it's highlighted. If I move cursor on submenu item, why top level menu item not highlighted anymore?

Is it possible to do what top level menu item will be always highlighted while my cursor is on child menu item?

Give me to know, If I am not clear enoght

Thank you

eankuba
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by eankuba » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:27 pm

BINGO yakcamydna.. You made my day dear!! It works. :)

fcjversc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fcjversc » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:56 pm

Is it possible to add a custom css class to the top <ul> only? Now it is added to the top <ul> and the <a> tags.

I'm using the Joomla 1.6 version :)

emeyer
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by emeyer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:58 am

Extended menu is really great, it does many things, and I was planning to put it on my 1.6 site. But then I joined the joomlart club, and it has the ability to publish modules as menus. So now I can put a sitemap in a module and use that. There's a couple of ways to do it...

LucasMac
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by LucasMac » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:32 am

Got the same error
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/...
like the second poster.
From that module:
Extended Menu for Joomla / Mambo 4.5.1-4.5.2.3
Version: 1.0.6
Copyright (C) 2005-2009 Daniel Ecer
http://de.siteof.de/

After I changed all parts, where the code look like:

$var = & new Class();
The menu shows x-times the last menu-item.
To prevent this I changed in the file modules/mod_exmenu-j15/exmenu/loader/menu.menuloader.class.php
the function addMenuItemMenuNodes to this:

function addMenuItemMenuNodes(&$parentMenuNode, &$menuItemList, $minExpand, $openActiveOnly, $level = 0) {
		$parseAccessKeys			= $this->parseAccessKey;
		$menuNodeList = array();
		foreach(array_keys($menuItemList) as $key) {
			$menuItem		=& $menuItemList[$key];

$menuNodeList[$key] = new MenuNode();
			foreach(get_object_vars($menuItem) as $k => $field) {
				if ((!is_object($field)) && (!is_array($field)) && (substr($k, 0, 1) != '_')) {
					$menuNodeList[$key]->$k = $field;
				}
			}
			if (($menuNodeList[$key]->active) ||  (!$openActiveOnly) || ($level < $minExpand - 1)) {
				$menuNodeList[$key]->expanded	= TRUE;	// active menu items are expanded
			}
			$name		= $menuNodeList[$key]->name;
			if ($parseAccessKeys > 0) {
				$menuNodeList[$key]->accessKey	= $this->parseAccessKey($menuNodeList[$key]->name, $parseAccessKeys);
			}
			$this->menuNodeByIdMap[$menuNodeList[$key]->id]		=& $menuNodeList[$key];
			$this->menuNodeByNameMap[$menuNodeList[$key]->name]	=& $menuNodeList[$key];
			if ($name != $menuNodeList[$key]->name) {
				$this->menuNodeByNameMap[$name]				=& $menuNodeList[$key];
			}
			if (isset($menuItem->_children)) {
				$children	=& $menuItem->_children;
				$this->addMenuItemMenuNodes($menuNodeList[$key], $children, $minExpand, $openActiveOnly, $level + 1);
			}
			$parentMenuNode->addChildNode($menuNodeList[$key]);
		}
	}
Hope it helps somebody, too.

Cheers,
Lucas

svehex
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by svehex » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm still on 1.5.22 because I'm waiting for some extensions. But what I'd like to know asap, is how I can prevent the menu from going 'gaga' on level 4?

grashoper
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by grashoper » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:59 pm

so.. hi :)

first, i'm learning joomla now for about 6 months and i pretty much know the basics, and i already used once the suckerfish menu..
now i need the mountaintop-corners-vertical-1.0.0.. but im probably missing some stupid thing.
i just cant get it to work...

here is what i do:

i go to: http://de.siteof.de/extended-menu-templ ... horizontal
2. download mountaintop-corners-vertical-1.0.0.zip
3. unpack
4. both folders and files i upload to /public_html/microera/templates/rhuk_milkyway/

and when i go to module manager, click the + button, there is no mountaintop menu option...

am i missing something or what ?
im going crazy, please help :)

grashoper
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by grashoper » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:39 pm

hi

so i finally installed the menu..
now im having problems with the menu icon.

it doesnt show. i have enabled it in the module manager and i selected in the menu manager a icon. do i have to do anything else ?

buddyq
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by buddyq » Fri May 27, 2011 1:41 pm

I am finding that this module is not recognizing k2 menu items. Works fine otherwise. I don't know how to fix it... any fixes?

Buddy

ltempest
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ltempest » Fri May 27, 2011 3:41 pm

My menu works perfectly in all browsers except IE. The drop down appears but then when you move down onto the submenu it does not stay.

Can anyone help?

www.litchfieldmorris.co.uk

Thanks

Lee

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”