Joomla and osCommerce Bridge v1.0.4

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
librarc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla and osCommerce Bridge v1.0.4

Post by librarc » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:34 am

How do I get the 'catalog' link in the breadcrumb to link to the 'jos_index.php' and not the 'index.php'? Thanks

nkakwani
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by nkakwani » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:36 am

I also need it know. Is there any body who knew it. Thanks!!!
Niranjan

librarc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by librarc » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Hey, nkakwani... I tried a work-around for the breadcrumb issue but still have a tiny error.

1) Firstly, I edited the 'FILENAME_DEFAULT' in the includes/filenames.php files to go to jos_index.php instead of index.php.

2) I then renamed the index.php file to jos_index.php in the languages/english/ folders.

By doing this, the CATALOG link in the breadcrumb trail went to the jos_index.php file. However, when a member is logged into oscommerce and clicks the catalog link, he is logged out automatically. Maybe you can have better luck than me... let me know if you do.

visualbuffet
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by visualbuffet » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Does anyone know where I can still download this bridge? ALl of the links seem to be down, or require a developer password.

If someone could upload a zip, or give me a good link to the bridge, that would be amazing.

Thanks
Public Arts Collective  |  http://www.vbpa.org 
Visual Buffet Enterprises  |  http://www.visualbuffet.com

nkakwani
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by nkakwani » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Here's file. I'm uploading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Niranjan

Grinse
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Grinse » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi there,
I have a problem getting the bridge working:

I can create an account from joomla (it displays me the modified oscommerce account creation page).
After that I can login with username and password into the joomla frontend.
I can also login with the email address and the same password I use for the joomla login into oscommerce.
But when I login into joomla and when I switch to the wrapped shop I'm not loged in into the shop (I'm a Guest).

I noticed that when I first log into joomla and afterwards into the shop and then I logout of joomla I also logout of oscommerce.

I tried it with joomla 1.0.13, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and oscommerce 2.2 rc1 and 2.2 ms2. I'm using osc_bridge 1.04 and followed the install instructions provided within the included readme.pdf.

So what I'd:
Step 0:
First I installed joomla and oscommerce - into the same database.

Step 1
Now I installed com_oscbridge.zip from the joomla backend.

Step 2
After that I copied jos_create_account.php and jos_index.php into the catalog directory and the language file jos_create_account into catalog/languages/[all my languages] of the shop. I also added

Code: Select all

define('ENTRY_USERNAME', 'Username:');
define('ENTRY_USERNAME_ERROR', 'The specified username already exist - please try again.');
define('ENTRY_USERNAME_TEXT', '*');
into the language files (english.php and the other ones).

Step 3:
Now I integrated the two sql files hash_lookup.sql and jos_users.sql with phpmyadmin.

Step 4:
The next step was to create the wrapper for the shop (menu > mainmenu > new > wrapper > wrapper url = http://localhost/test/catalog/jos_index.php).

Step 5:
Afterwards I configured the com_oscbridge but when I saved the changes I was told the installation was successful but the fields were empty so I made the changes manualy in the file administrator/components/osc_bridge/config.oscbridge.php:

<?php
global $oscbridge_path,$oscwrapper_url,$mos_prefix;
$oscbridge_path = "http://localhost/test/catalog/jos_index.php";
$oscwrapper_url = "http://localhost/test/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=26";
$mos_prefix = "jos_";
?>
. I used the itemid generated in step 4 for the wrapper.

Step 5.1:
I created a component linked with the bridge (menu > mainmenu > new > component > Component = osCommerce). Also I tried publishing and unpublishing the created wrapper from step 4.

Step 5.2:
Now I modified another file from oscommerce (includes/filenames.php):
I changed

define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'create_account.php');
to

define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'jos_create_account.php');
Step 6
And now I created another wrapper for the login (menu > mainmenu > new > wrapper > wrapper url = http://localhost/test/catalog/jos_create_account.php) to get an itemid to hack the login file.
Within the readme is now mentioned:
This relative URL will be used to
hack the login scripts for either the mod_login.php or the com_login.php (depending on your needs) to replace the
standard Joomla registration page. Check out the examples in the complete jos_osc_bridge.zip package.
But there is only mod_login.php supplied. So I used mod_login.php and changed the line

<a href="<?php echo sefRelToAbs( 'index.php?option=com_registration&task=register' ); ?>">
to

<a href="<?php echo sefRelToAbs( 'index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=28' ); ?>">
The mentioned itemid here is the one from the wrapper created before.

I also replaced these files:
wrapper.php gets placed in the components/com_wrapper
wrapper.html.php gets placed in the components/com_wrapper
login.html.php get's placed in the components/com_login directory

But I didn't replace mod_login.php because I modified it by manual before.

I also changed the itemid (the one I used for mod_login.php) written in components/com_login/login.html.php.

Does enybody know where's my fault? Maybe someone with a working bridge can post me his or her way to success please.

nkakwani
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by nkakwani » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:13 pm

This bridge was created for joomla 1.0.4 & oscommerce's old version I don't remember now. It has same issues with joomla 1.0.13 but I did a solution I put shop to open in new window & also give no login in joomla so the visitor had to login in shop didn't feel odd & when he return then as joomla is already opened he didn't logged out. There's such limitations latter my cliet switched to virtueMart & has no problem now. After all virtuemart is much powerful & being regularly upgraded while oscommerce bridged stopped working long ago.
Niranjan

Grinse
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Grinse » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:04 pm

I need a custom configureable system for building products (such as custom computer creator) so I can't swich to vm - also it's hard to modify vm to fit with german laws.

Once I heard that it the bridge needs uses joomla < 1.0.4 (so i tried both 1.0.2 and 1.0.3). Also I checked the milestone 2 of oscommerce 2.2 but bnoth quits with same errors.

Within the supplied readme.pd the mentioned requirements are joomla 1.0.2 and oscommerce 2.2.

Grinse
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Grinse » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Also I want to have a central login because I plan to integrate a forum too. so instead of logging into the shop and the forum i want to login on a central place once.

nkakwani
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by nkakwani » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:13 pm

You can try opening your shop in new window thus visitor will not logged out of joomla. Ithink other things are not possible.
Niranjan

Grinse
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Grinse » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:54 am

What I'm wondering is that the bridge should work with osc 2.2 and joomla 1.0.2 (as mentioned in the readme.pdf). But that's not right. I tested it and I got the same error I got with actual versions. So I was not sure if I made something wrong (because than maybe it could work with actual versions) or it it never worked.

Simpel78
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Simpel78 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Found something new.. http://www.marvikshop.com

MarvikShop, is not a bridge, but a total revamp of osCommerce to work within Joomla as a Joomla component, it installs via the Joomla! component and Module installers.

Watch the demo and overview :D

I am curious..

mfazlul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mfazlul » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Spirmy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Spirmy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 am

OK, Got it working now... you were right, I made a little error. Thanks for all your help.

ataman342
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ataman342 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:19 pm

I'll be working on using your bridge today - thanks for the great contribution - OSC is a great shop script, and Joomla integration is a vital project.

Simpel78
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Simpel78 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 pm

You should try Marvikshop, works easier then all those old bridges in all these years.

2.0 is now available for joomla 1.6/1.7.

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”