yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cloc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:39 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby cloc » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:10 pm

cloc wrote:I have installed it with Captcha, but do not get the image,  is there a moo 777 setting on the server for Captcha or should it work straight ahead ?

Without Captcha - PERFECT ! impressed, nice and simple. PHP/GD should be okay here

Best
Claus

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:32 pm

cloc wrote:I have installed it with Captcha, but do not get the image,  is there a moo 777 setting on the server for Captcha or should it work straight ahead ?

Without Captcha - PERFECT ! impressed, nice and simple. PHP/GD should be okay here

I think, that we should discuss Captcha in it's own thread, depending on which Captcha plugin you are using...
BTW, I asked both authors of Captcha plugins to add debugging mode to their plugins in order to help locate problem (is it in Captha itself or in other extension, that is using the Captcha, e.g. in yvComment...)
For BigoCaptcha, please post detailed report (including full URL of image, that is not shown...) to this thread: "Bigo Captcha"
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

cloc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:39 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby cloc » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:40 pm

I willl, thankx for reply.

Just another issue for me: I have not changed anything on this website (se attached) plain installation of a default rockettheme design, nothing else. The name is too close to the border, could change it myself, will look at it tomorrow. Another template give me the same. 3 px margin should be perfect.

Also you link in the bottom. It does not look nice on a website, so could I remove it in case I will use it for production and donate some money for your work ? And where to remove it ?

Best

Claus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cloc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:39 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby cloc » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:43 pm


cloc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:39 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby cloc » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:38 am

Just some very smal ideas for improvement:

Date: Why not make it an optionin to the plugin instead of the standard date, which people have to find and change if needed.

ID number should be a little more seperated Ifrom the date i think, but again can be done by the user.

also the "yvsmiley" and "yvbbcode"  should follow the line from the text window, looks much better

Nice product, just a big mistake it does not have a 1.0.x version ;)  ...



Claus

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Changes to the yvComment

Postby yvolk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:30 pm

cloc wrote:Just another issue for me: I have not changed anything on this website (se attached) plain installation of a default rockettheme design, nothing else. The name is too close to the border, could change it myself, will look at it tomorrow. Another template give me the same. 3 px margin should be perfect.

Hi, Claus!
I made some changes in v.1.13.1, please see them (work for FireFox, but not in MSIE...).
If you would make your 'better' CSS for the component, please send it to me to be included in future versions of yvComment (I've received one from the user already...)
cloc wrote:Date: Why not make it an optionin to the plugin instead of the standard date, which people have to find and change if needed.

yvComment uses Joomla!'s approach to format dates: date format string is localizable!
I use 'DATE_FORMAT_LC2' constant (just like com_content does) to format date...

What's about deleting "Powered by yvComment"... of cause, I would prefer it to stay... maybe I can do it less boring... may you help me to make such changes?

cloc wrote:http://yurivolkov.com/donate/index_en.html ;)

;) ;)

User avatar
shopsilikecom
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby shopsilikecom » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:59 am

I just installed on 1.5.1 and everything was going well until I looked at the frontend and saw all my global settings for my articles had been overwritten. All the junk stuff I didn't want to show is now showing up (author name, date created, date modified, etc). That's not going to work. I don't use any of it and certainly don't want to change them each time on 500 articles. On one article it took all the settings off. I uninstalled and the settings are back except the one article. Can't get it back to previous settings.

Also the comment is showing up in the intro view. I don't want that either. I only wanted it to show in on the full article view. Couldn't find any where to turn it off.

It would be nice to make the date/time line much smaller. It still takes up a lot of room when you turn off the subject line.

My site design is very simple and clean so I need to be able to get rid of a lot of extras.

I'll keep watching. Still have hope for using this. extension.
Enjoy your day!
TJ
http://www.shopsilike.com
http://www.knowcoma.com This site will get J! once I figure out the other site. If anyone wants to help, please let me know!

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:20 am

shopsilikecom wrote:I just installed on 1.5.1 and everything was going well until I looked at the frontend and saw all my global settings for my articles had been overwritten. All the junk stuff I didn't want to show is now showing up (author name, date created, date modified, etc). That's not going to work. I don't use any of it and certainly don't want to change them each time on 500 articles. On one article it took all the settings off. I uninstalled and the settings are back except the one article. Can't get it back to previous settings.
Wait a minute, are we talking about yvComment or Joomla! core? I understand, that above is not 'caused' by yvComment?!
shopsilikecom wrote:Also the comment is showing up in the intro view. I don't want that either. I only wanted it to show in on the full article view. Couldn't find any where to turn it off.
There is no such 'view' as 'intro view'. Please, be more specific: how to reproduce the 'view', what do you see (attach screenshot...), what exactly you don't like in what you see...
shopsilikecom wrote:It would be nice to make the date/time line much smaller. It still takes up a lot of room when you turn off the subject line.
My site design is very simple and clean so I need to be able to get rid of a lot of extras.
Yes, there is no special design for 'no subject' layout yet....
shopsilikecom wrote:I'll keep watching. Still have hope for using this. extension.
Your help is required to solve these issues...

User avatar
izhere
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Shanghai,China
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby izhere » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:43 pm

hi yuri,just found a little..bug,maybe,or just something you might forgot to edit in the latest update version: i was testing the "preview" function with filling nothing to the form,yup of course it returned a message to notice that i've forgot to fill this or that,but you see,if the comment textarea was left blank,the message was always start with "The subject is required",though i've turn the "Subject of comments" into "hide".so i guess it was something before you add the "hide subject" function in this latest version right?though i think i can modify this little problem by myself,it's better to fix it "officialy" :)

User avatar
shopsilikecom
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby shopsilikecom » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:48 pm

yvolk wrote:
shopsilikecom wrote:I just installed on 1.5.1 and everything was going well until I looked at the frontend and saw all my global settings for my articles had been overwritten. All the junk stuff I didn't want to show is now showing up (author name, date created, date modified, etc). That's not going to work. I don't use any of it and certainly don't want to change them each time on 500 articles. On one article it took all the settings off. I uninstalled and the settings are back except the one article. Can't get it back to previous settings.
Wait a minute, are we talking about yvComment or Joomla! core? I understand, that above is not 'caused' by yvComment?!

I meant Article parameters, not global settings. Sorry. I set the Article parameters and had a few articles ready to try this out. Everything was showing up the way I wanted. You can see it on the frontpage and linked articles at http://www.shopsilike.com . (the first Article (above the columns) still won't go back to the pre-yvComment settings even though they are set)

After installing yvComments, all the parameter setting were ignored and (author name, date created, date modified, pdf and printing icons, etc) were showing on all the Articles. I checked the parameters and nothing had changed. After I uninstalled yvComment, everything (except that one) went back to the previous settings and showed up right.

shopsilikecom wrote:Also the comment is showing up in the intro view. I don't want that either. I only wanted it to show in on the full article view. Couldn't find any where to turn it off.

There is no such 'view' as 'intro view'. Please, be more specific: how to reproduce the 'view', what do you see (attach screenshot...), what exactly you don't like in what you see...

The intro view I'm talking about is the Article intro you see on the frontpage with Read more... after it. yvComment shows Comments (1) below the Read more... which I don't want and didn't see a way to shut off. I only want the comments to show up on the full Article view. I don't know how to insert a screenshot but if you look at the site, the intros are in the 4 columns.

shopsilikecom wrote:It would be nice to make the date/time line much smaller. It still takes up a lot of room when you turn off the subject line.
My site design is very simple and clean so I need to be able to get rid of a lot of extras.
Yes, there is no special design for 'no subject' layout yet....

Okay

shopsilikecom wrote:I'll keep watching. Still have hope for using this. extension.
Your help is required to solve these issues...


I hope this helps. If you need more info, please let me know. I think this is a great extension.
Enjoy your day!
TJ
http://www.shopsilike.com
http://www.knowcoma.com This site will get J! once I figure out the other site. If anyone wants to help, please let me know!

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:26 am

izhere wrote:hi yuri,just found a little..bug,maybe,or just something you might forgot to edit in the latest update version: i was testing the "preview" function with filling nothing to the form,yup of course it returned a message to notice that i've forgot to fill this or that,but you see,if the comment textarea was left blank,the message was always start with "The subject is required",though i've turn the "Subject of comments" into "hide".so i guess it was something before you add the "hide subject" function in this latest version right?though i think i can modify this little problem by myself,it's better to fix it "officialy" :)
Thank you for the report. Fixed in v.1.13.2
shopsilikecom wrote:I meant Article parameters, not global settings. Sorry. I set the Article parameters and had a few articles ready to try this out. Everything was showing up the way I wanted. You can see it on the frontpage and linked articles at http://www.shopsilike.com . (the first Article (above the columns) still won't go back to the pre-yvComment settings even though they are set)

After installing yvComments, all the parameter setting were ignored and (author name, date created, date modified, pdf and printing icons, etc) were showing on all the Articles. I checked the parameters and nothing had changed. After I uninstalled yvComment, everything (except that one) went back to the previous settings and showed up right.
I'll have to test this, nobody reported such problem yet...
shopsilikecom wrote:Also the comment is showing up in the intro view. I don't want that either. I only wanted it to show in on the full article view. Couldn't find any where to turn it off.
This will be done very soon...

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Article parameters setting were ignored

Postby yvolk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:19 am

shopsilikecom wrote:
yvolk wrote:
shopsilikecom wrote:I just installed on 1.5.1 and everything was going well until I looked at the frontend and saw all my global settings for my articles had been overwritten. All the junk stuff I didn't want to show is now showing up (author name, date created, date modified, etc). That's not going to work. I don't use any of it and certainly don't want to change them each time on 500 articles. On one article it took all the settings off. I uninstalled and the settings are back except the one article. Can't get it back to previous settings.
Wait a minute, are we talking about yvComment or Joomla! core? I understand, that above is not 'caused' by yvComment?!
I meant Article parameters, not global settings. Sorry. I set the Article parameters and had a few articles ready to try this out. Everything was showing up the way I wanted. You can see it on the frontpage and linked articles at http://www.shopsilike.com . (the first Article (above the columns) still won't go back to the pre-yvComment settings even though they are set)

After installing yvComments, all the parameter setting were ignored and (author name, date created, date modified, pdf and printing icons, etc) were showing on all the Articles. I checked the parameters and nothing had changed. After I uninstalled yvComment, everything (except that one) went back to the previous settings and showed up right.
I couldn't reproduce your problem, see the screenshot attached to this message:
- I hid 'print' icon for the first article (Welcome to Joomla)
- I hid almost everything for 'We are Volunteers'
- I left default parameters (Use Global) for the third.
article_parameters.png

Everything looks Ok to me :pop
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
shopsilikecom
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby shopsilikecom » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Yuri, I wonder if it has to do with existing articles with parameters set and then installing yvComment? Can you test that? I didn't add a new article after installing yvComment. So I don't know if the settings would have worked with a new article. Thank you for checking this, I'd like to use it. You're great!
Enjoy your day!
TJ
http://www.shopsilike.com
http://www.knowcoma.com This site will get J! once I figure out the other site. If anyone wants to help, please let me know!

snowcrash101
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:37 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby snowcrash101 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Hello Yuri

This extension looks great.

Sorry if this question has been asked or I've missed something: is it possible for (a) the article author and (b) a logged in user after leaving a comment, to be notified by email if there are subsequent comments (effectively, the article author and a user leaving a comment are 'subscribed' to the comment thread and therefore can keep track of it without having to revisit)?

thanks

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:10 pm

snowcrash101 wrote:Sorry if this question has been asked or I've missed something: is it possible for (a) the article author and (b) a logged in user after leaving a comment, to be notified by email if there are subsequent comments (effectively, the article author and a user leaving a comment are 'subscribed' to the comment thread and therefore can keep track of it without having to revisit)?

Currently yvComment has notification option for Admins/Publishers only (for all comments, and not per Article...)
And yes, your question was answered January 22, 2008, 06:15:30 PM:
yvolk wrote:
tapsus wrote:have you the option that every user can choose some commented articles where he will be notified if there are a new comment?
i mean the user will be notified only if a favoured article had new comment.

No, there is no such option.

I think, that some more general 'Joomla! content subscription extension' should be created (or existing adapted...), that would allow user to subscribe to new articles (and updates...) by: Section, Category, relation to specific Article (e.g. Comments of the article) etc.
I don't know about such extension yet :(

What do you think, snowcrash101?

snowcrash101
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:37 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby snowcrash101 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Yuri - I should have searched harder :)

Joomla seems to lack these kind of integrated subscription features to keep users notified. Perhaps your extension could lead the way?

Coming from wordpress, the comments system is highly developed, and has some very good plugins which even allow guest users to keep track of comment threads on specific articles they haven't posted on. Drupal seems to have a more advanced integrated comments system too.

ps. I'm planning to migrate from wordpress to Joomla, though at the moment finding the lack of a comments system in comparison rather limited. One of the reasons for migrating was to rely less on plugins. (Of course, not meant as a criticism of your excellent work on this extension!)

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:54 pm

snowcrash101 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Yuri - I should have searched harder :)
Search doesn't work today :(
snowcrash101 wrote:Joomla seems to lack these kind of integrated subscription features to keep users notified. Perhaps your extension could lead the way?
I'm developing 3 Joomla! extensions already... maybe someone else will join?
snowcrash101 wrote:Coming from wordpress, the comments system is highly developed, and has some very good plugins which even allow guest users to keep track of comment threads on specific articles they haven't posted on. Drupal seems to have a more advanced integrated comments system too.

ps. I'm planning to migrate from wordpress to Joomla, though at the moment finding the lack of a comments system in comparison rather limited. One of the reasons for migrating was to rely less on plugins. (Of course, not meant as a criticism of your excellent work on this extension!)
You want to have everything "in the core" (supported by the core team)? It looks like this is possible in commercial system only... :-\

luis.depedro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby luis.depedro » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 am

Hello, Yuri. I'd like to congratulate you for this great plugin you have created. It's still hard to find components for joomla 1.5.
I have a question I hope you can answer. I can't see how to add a comment using the WYSIWYG editor. I can edit a comment by including it into the "Last news" module and then clicking on it. The WYSIWYG appears then. But I couldn't add a new one. Is it possible? Would it be possible to write comments with the WYSIWYG at start?

Thank you again.
Greetings.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Joomla's WYSIWYG editor for yvComment?

Postby yvolk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:45 am

luis.depedro wrote:I can't see how to add a comment using the WYSIWYG editor. I can edit a comment by including it into the "Last news" module and then clicking on it. The WYSIWYG appears then. But I couldn't add a new one. Is it possible? Would it be possible to write comments with the WYSIWYG at start?

Yes, I'm close to the attempt to implement this :) (At last. This is in yvComment's TODO list for a long time...) I hope, that this may be done without hacks into the core.

luis.depedro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby luis.depedro » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:24 am

OK, I encourage you to keep on working on it.

Thanks again

abacotc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:22 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby abacotc » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:48 pm

I just installed yvcomment and it works great. Thanks! is there any way to get this to work on more than one category. I have multiple pages that are all different, and would like to provide yvcomment for each of them. Is there any way to do this. Also is there anyway to change the words "Add Your Comment" to something different in the comment forms box.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:50 pm

abacotc wrote:is there any way to get this to work on more than one category. I have multiple pages that are all different, and would like to provide yvcomment for each of them.
I don't get you... yvComment may work for all articles, and it can't be restricted to ANY "category of Articles". Please read Homepage.
abacotc wrote:Also is there anyway to change the words "Add Your Comment" to something different in the comment forms box.
Yes, these words are in language file - you may find them...

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

yvComment v.1.14 integrates Jooomla!'s WYSIWYG editor

Postby yvolk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:02 pm

yvComment v.1.14.0 is released.

What's new in v.1.14:
1. Added "Editor" option, that allows you to choose editor for the text of comment (to add or edit comments):
- "Generic editor" - simple text area and, optionally, BBCodes and Smileys (if these extensions are installed).
- "WYSIWYG editor" - Joomla!'s configured WYSIWYG editor.
2. Added "Hide" value to the "Link 'Comments(N)' text to other page" option - to completely hide the text from views other, than 'article'.

See the screenshot:
WYSIWYG_editor_in_yvComment.png


It appeared very easy to reuse Joomla's "WYSIWYG editor" - some lines of code were added and no duplication of Joomla!'s core :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yvolk on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luis.depedro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby luis.depedro » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Awsome! I can't believe you would be so fast to add the WYSYWYG editor. Great for you!

I'm going to try it right now.

Greetings.

luis.depedro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby luis.depedro » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Hello again. :)

I've just tried the new version 14.0.0. I must be doing something wrong. Now I can write a comment using the WYSIWYG, however, these are still shown as plain text. Is there any setting I should change to view the formatted text.

Health & euros

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:31 pm

luis.depedro wrote:Hello again. :)
I've just tried the new version 14.0.0. I must be doing something wrong. Now I can write a comment using the WYSIWYG, however, these are still shown as plain text. Is there any setting I should change to view the formatted text.

Maybe you forgot to set "Allow HTML in text of comments" to some "Allow..."?!

kingomar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby kingomar » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Hi,

I received the error message below after installing component.

(# Installer::install: The language file 'www/language/da-DK/da-DK.com_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'da-DK' has not been installed or does not exist.
# JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/language/de-DE/de-DE.com_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'de-DE' has not been installed or does not exist.
# JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/language/es-ES/es-ES.com_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'es-ES' has not been installed or does not exist....etc)

On the front end, it displays:

(yvComment_p002; InstanceID=3446; task=commentdisplay; ArticleID=0; yvCommentID=0; nCommentsTotal=0; DisplayTo=component)

I believe that I followed the steps on your website. I could use some assistance on where I went wrong.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:53 am

kingomar wrote:Hi,

I received the error message below after installing component.

(# Installer::install: The language file 'www/language/da-DK/da-DK.com_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'da-DK' has not been installed or does not exist.
# JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/language/de-DE/de-DE.com_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'de-DE' has not been installed or does not exist.
# JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/language/es-ES/es-ES.com_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'es-ES' has not been installed or does not exist....etc)
This is how Joomla!' works ;D This is normal.
kingomar wrote:On the front end, it displays:
(yvComment_p002; InstanceID=3446; task=commentdisplay; ArticleID=0; yvCommentID=0; nCommentsTotal=0; DisplayTo=component)
This may be normal also... on some page and for some yvComment settings...
I.e. "DisplayTo=component" means, that you see page "...option=com_yvcomment...".
So, if something is wrong, you have to give us ALL information... (please follow instructions on "Troubleshooting" section)

luis.depedro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby luis.depedro » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:00 am

Ok, the problem's fixed. I had set "Allow HTML..." to "Allow HTML tags only" and it didn't work. Now, I've set it to "Allow row data", and it goes. Perfect.

Congratulations. You did it.

Health and euros

PD: ¿Could you tell me if you know somenthing who is trying to create a commponent similar to "Booklibrary" for Joomla 1.5?

Thanks a lot again.

kingomar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby kingomar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:33 pm

Thanks Yvolk..... I will read more. :)


Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests