Bigo Captcha

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
jluchau
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Bigo Captcha

Post by jluchau » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:56 pm

ok... well if anyone else thinks of anything I'll keep checking back here... in the mean time I'll try and find something else that works...

Josh

kove
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kove » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:01 pm

hi,
I installed yvcomment and bigo captcha.
Everything was working fine in localhost, but now online I cant see the captcha image.

look: http://www.grupponox.it/index.php?optio ... laycaptcha
I only see the alt text "the word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces"

some info:
safe_mode: off
Set_Time_Limit ( 0 ); commented
php version: 5.2.6
joomla version: 1.5.7

any tips?

jluchau
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jluchau » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:59 pm

I fixed my problem.... gave it the old uninstall, as well as uninstalling ALFcontact and reinstall both and all is right with the world...

Thanks for the help guys.

jameshen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jameshen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Ok, fixed my newbie problem. After reading all the wonderfully complex solutions, my issue with the "captcha image not displaying" turned out to be a bit more basic.

So for any other Joomla newbies like me, the not-so-obvious, duh moment of the day.

Make sure you "Enable" the Bigo Captcha plugin. (Hint: It doesn't enable itself by default.) Don't confuse Installed and the green check next to "Compatible" with enabled.

Go to: <Extensions> <Plugin Manager> Scroll down until you find "System - BigoCaptcha" (Page 2, for me) and "Enable" it.

(No other "patches" or "hacks" required...)

Got it working with AlfContact V1.7
Joomla 1.5.7
Godaddy Hosting
MySQL 5
PHP 4.3.11
Apache

stoske
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by stoske » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:59 pm

Can I get some help how to edit controller.php and default.php

to work on Joomla 1.5.7

It would be nice if somebody upload there working (edited) files.

Thnx in advance :D

ewel
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ewel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:26 pm

I haven't managed yet to make it work in 1.5.7 which has changes in the com_contact files. If anyone managed I would love to see how it is done!

transparencia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Works great but it's a bit slow

Post by transparencia » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:54 pm

Works great but it's a bit slow at validation. I mean it takes about 35s to validate a string. Is this common?

opasm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by opasm » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:49 am

hi,
I installed yvcomment and bigo captcha. I only see the alt text "The word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces"

- Captcha plugin is active
- Yvcomment is configured properly
- safe_mode is off

Maybe I should change permissions on some folders (files)?
any tips? please.

kove
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kove » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:33 am

kove wrote:hi,
I installed yvcomment and bigo captcha.
Everything was working fine in localhost, but now online I cant see the captcha image.

look: http://www.grupponox.it/index.php?optio ... laycaptcha
I only see the alt text "the word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces"

some info:
safe_mode: off
Set_Time_Limit ( 0 ); commented
php version: 5.2.6
joomla version: 1.5.7

any tips?
I quote me again. any solutions?

no1tmorrow
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by no1tmorrow » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 am

Ok. So I am pulling my hair out here.
I get a box for where the bigo captcha image is supposed to be with a question mark in it (Safari).

I have Joomla 1.5.7
yvComments
bigo captcha

I have enabled the modules.

I don't know where to start
http://www.autismarena.com

Thanks
Thom

ivytony
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ivytony » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:37 pm

after hacking two files in the com_user directory, this plugin works. I wonder how to make it work for 'contact' component as well?

anybody knows? thanks

monyamickle
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by monyamickle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:07 am

Hi,

thanks for this great captcha. I am not a coder and initially found the instructions confusing. Reading through this thread has given me most of the answers I needed to get it working. For anyone's benefit these are the things that helped. (I have 1.5.7 installed in public_html folder). Using cpanel...

Contact form

What I did was upload the patch as a zip to a new folder in public_html (eg public_html/newfolder)

I then unzipped the patch into that folder, selected all, and dragged the selected into public_html on the left of the screen.

Then I found that the image didn't show so I read some more and went to the Contacts component in the admin side of the site and enabled captcha for the contact person (even though it already said it was enabled). After I saved it worked fine. I would prefer it if the image was below the message box and have seen something along the lines of 'edit the file' but need more info before I could do that. I have also read about the request to not have all the fields cleared if the image is typed in wrong but don't know the answer to that either.

OH, I also found a load of code at the top of the page but that was an error log or something that required the deletion of a line (damn, I can't remember where)

Registration

I just downloaded the patch files, unzipped them, then deleted the same two files in my installation and uploaded the new ones. That worked great first time.

yvcomment I was a bit worried that this wasn't working 'out of the box' as described but found this useful

"
Hello, I am using BigoCaptcha working toghether with yvComment in a Server which has Safe Mode On. I had the same problem that some other users reported: I could not see the captcha image. I solved it very easily and without any drawback (I think).

Just edit the file on your hosting "/plugins/system/Captcha04/CaptchaImage.php".
Go to the line 371:"Set_Time_Limit ( 0 );" and remove or comment it (//Set_Time_Limit ( 0 );)

I think that is no need to set an infinite time limit as we can rely on the time limit defined by the hosting server."

Once I'd done that it worked great.

This is obviously not a thorough explanation but just to act as an encoragement to others who are pulling their hair out. Read through this thread and you will be able to find the answers, even if it it takes a little time. I use Joomla because I can make complicated sites by just clicking here and there so when a bit of coding is required I tend to look elsewhere but this was worth the reading.

Thanks
Get freelance Magento work at http://www.maglance.com

no1tmorrow
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by no1tmorrow » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 pm

no1tmorrow wrote:Ok. So I am pulling my hair out here.
I get a box for where the bigo captcha image is supposed to be with a question mark in it (Safari).

I have Joomla 1.5.7
yvComments
bigo captcha

I have enabled the modules.

I don't know where to start
http://www.autismarena.com

Thanks
Thom
FYI I figured my problem out. It was GD in PHP. I guess that is not installed in a default Leopard Server install...

Thanks
Thom

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Bigo Captcha not showing in yvComment

Post by yvolk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:39 am

tomzio wrote:Hi once again! :)
...But unforunatly have other problem - Bigo Captcha.

For yvComment I have the following settings:
Use Captcha: Yes
Delay Captha Image : NO

The problem is that captcha image shows from time to time so rarely that it is hard for me to say more about when captcha image shows and when it doesn't (I can only see the text).

P.S. I know that it is not the topic about Bigo Captcha but you have so much experience that maybe you will be able to help me :)
Hi, Tomasz!
Thanks for the compliments :)

As I understood your report, Captcha image displays sometimes... - maybe this is due to time-out. I mean, maybe it takes too much time for it to be created on the server plus delivered to your screen? If this is so, you have to think about how to make Captcha work faster on your server? ...
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

tomzio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tomzio » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:25 pm

tomzio wrote:Hi once again! :)
...But unforunatly have other problem - Bigo Captcha.

For yvComment I have the following settings:
Use Captcha: Yes
Delay Captha Image : NO

The problem is that captcha image shows from time to time so rarely that it is hard for me to say more about when captcha image shows and when it doesn't (I can only see the text).

P.S. I know that it is not the topic about Bigo Captcha but you have so much experience that maybe you will be able to help me :)

Problem solved, the reason was too small memory size allocated for php scripts.

BR
Tomasz

websith
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by websith » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:44 pm

I have managed to create captcha for both register and contact all in one package including a detailed install instruction sheet in english. don't use forums much I'm afraid so cant see a file attach button in this post.

I will make it available on my website for you all. www.sol22.com

PS. Thanks for an most excellent extension Mr Mendes. Thanks to everybody else who has posted some info about this as well!

Been needing a contact captcha for ages as I'm getting spammed to death. I have been trying to get this to work for hours and hours and hours and finally cracked it and for JOMMLA version 1.5.8

regards
Web development by Sol22

crony
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by crony » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Hello,

The files for using it under 1.5.8 for contact and users are availables here :
http://web-infoservice.com/fichiers.htm ... down&id=35

Would it be possible to add on this great plugin a refresh button ?

This component use a captcha who does that:
http://www.joomlatune.com/jcomments.html

I would prefer to have only one proper captcha plugin to maintain for all components... 8)
Just need to get how to integrate this plugin to all needed components...

Cheers !
Enjoy J!

janeinpa
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by janeinpa » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:08 pm

I just downloaded this because I thought I could add it to the login form to prevent spammers. I'm new to this, so I really don't know what to do next. I have installed it on my site, but what do I do to make it work?

crony
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by crony » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi,

The modified files are for the registration and for the contact form components only, not for the login module.

But that's a good idea to know about that as well ! :)

I've just tried to adapt this to the login, but it's a module, and modules are designed differently from components...
So a bit of help would be great :)
Enjoy J!

janeinpa
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by janeinpa » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Is there another way to add the captcha images to the login module -- or perhaps a login module that includes that?

crony
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by crony » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:43 am

Hi,

You may try this one:
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

Seems very customizable, but a bit more complicated to setup :)

EDIT : the patch needed for J! 1.5.8 is not a valid zip, might be ok in few days...Seems quite a powerfull solution...
Enjoy J!

janeinpa
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by janeinpa » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:58 am

Wow! thank you. This does exactly what I want (and it was really quite easy to set up). I installed it on one of my sites and it seems to work great. There doesn't seem to be a version for Joomla 1.0 though. I have another site using 1.0 that I'd like to implement this on as well. Guess I'll have to wait until we migrate to 1.5.

dimoss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dimoss » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:18 pm

bigodines wrote:for yvComment, no changes are required. Just install, publish and enable captcha in yv's configuration.
Unfortunately it doesn't play in my site.
Bigo Captcha: enabled
yvComment: enabled captcha
dir permissions: writable
safe mode: off

http://www.familyhome.gr

Check to see...

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:40 am

dimoss wrote:
bigodines wrote:for yvComment, no changes are required. Just install, publish and enable captcha in yv's configuration.

Check to see...
I've just checked that URL: it shows Captcha image Ok - when you click in 'Σχόλιο' textbox (e.g. when user starts typing text of comment). So, users, who don't add comments, don't see Captcha images.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

dimoss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dimoss » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:27 am

yvolk wrote:
dimoss wrote:

Check to see...
I've just checked that URL: it shows Captcha image Ok - when you click in 'Σχόλιο' textbox (e.g. when user starts typing text of comment). So, users, who don't add comments, don't see Captcha images.
Yes, I saw it also!!.. :)

One small problem only...the width of the verification box is too small. How can I make it wider? Thanks.

kingnuss
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kingnuss » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:30 am

bigo captcha looks great...
but how to make it work with yvcomments?
I published it...but does not show up anywhere

paulpa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by paulpa » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 am

I thought I'd post a note to both the yvComment and the Bigo Captcha threads so that others may benefit from my experience.

First of all, I think both products are well on their way to being strong additions to Joomla. Both Yuri and Matheus should be congratulated for doing good work and I look forward to their future efforts. I also plan to donate in the very near future.

Second, let me discuss my experience installing these. I ran into the same problem many others have noted in that the Captcha image would not display. If you are finding this to be the case please take note to how I managed to get this to work.

I first upgraded my server (I'm on a dedicated server) to PHP 5 prior to loading both products. Once the products were uploaded I followed all the enabling rules and setups and as mentioned I could not see the image. Next, following Yuri's detailed instructions for yvComment I upgraded MySQL to 5 (and also upgraded Apache to 2 at the same time). Again no image.

At this point I searched numerous forums, including these two, and saw lots of suggestions including the one that discussed time limit settings on the server for loading PHP. I played with that and again no image.

Finally, after a few hours of searching I discovered something that seemed to be mentioned in passing in a few areas but not emphasized. YOU NEED TO HAVE GD-LIB AND FREETYPE INSTALLED ON YOUR SERVER. These are apparently not default installs for many hosting services.

I hope this helps some folks who are having similar problems.

pgraves
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pgraves » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:59 am

I rarely write reviews but have just used Bigo Captcha with Yvcomment and it was up in a matter of minutes. Highly recommended, have a look at http://www.new-homes-cornwall.com/blog/ the catpcha words are easy to read as well.
Thanks and good work!
Pete
Peter Graves
Channel Digital - Web Development and Marketing
http://www.channeldigital.co.uk

jacobastevens
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jacobastevens » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:07 pm

paulpa wrote:I thought I'd post a note to both the yvComment and the Bigo Captcha threads so that others may benefit from my experience.

First of all, I think both products are well on their way to being strong additions to Joomla. Both Yuri and Matheus should be congratulated for doing good work and I look forward to their future efforts. I also plan to donate in the very near future.

Second, let me discuss my experience installing these. I ran into the same problem many others have noted in that the Captcha image would not display. If you are finding this to be the case please take note to how I managed to get this to work.

I first upgraded my server (I'm on a dedicated server) to PHP 5 prior to loading both products. Once the products were uploaded I followed all the enabling rules and setups and as mentioned I could not see the image. Next, following Yuri's detailed instructions for yvComment I upgraded MySQL to 5 (and also upgraded Apache to 2 at the same time). Again no image.

At this point I searched numerous forums, including these two, and saw lots of suggestions including the one that discussed time limit settings on the server for loading PHP. I played with that and again no image.

Finally, after a few hours of searching I discovered something that seemed to be mentioned in passing in a few areas but not emphasized. YOU NEED TO HAVE GD-LIB AND FREETYPE INSTALLED ON YOUR SERVER. These are apparently not default installs for many hosting services.

I hope this helps some folks who are having similar problems.
Hi, I'm a newbie and my admin wants to know if I need GD or GD2? He said most people are using GD2 these days. Will Bigo work with GD2 or do I need GD?

Are there any other non-standard PHP libraries than freetype and GD2 that I need to install?

Thanks!
Jacob

www.rivermanmedia.com

satriani-vai
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by satriani-vai » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:41 pm

Hello,

has somebody got maybe here to integrate the Captcha into Community Builder ragistration? ;)

Yours sincerely

Alex.

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”