Bigo Captcha

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
Tunney
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Bigo Captcha

Post by Tunney » Sat May 31, 2008 11:34 am

I am trying to add bigocaptcha to my site. I have changed all the files needed to be change and enabled the plug in but it still does not display the image.

I am trying to get the captcha to appear on my registration page. But just no luck.

randev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by randev » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:57 pm

I have this module working but if I enter the wrong captcha text, my already filled out fields are erased and I get a prompt saying I entered the wrong captcha information. Could someone please post some steps on how to retain the information entered into the fields so the user is not discouraged by having to reenter their message and the other fields? I am using this for com_contact. Thanks.

MajorPain
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MajorPain » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:13 pm

hi there, i tried this great plugins and it's work very well with yvcomment.
the problem it i cant get it work together with user registration form.
i tried the patch from jeff but still no luck. i'm using joomla 1.5.3
if anybody know how to solve this problem please let me know.

Regards

Janssen

MoonRay
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

[SOLVED] Contact captcha image not displaying...

Post by MoonRay » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:29 am

I had a major problem with the CAPTCHA image NOT displaying only in the contact page. It was showing on the registration page which told me that the plugin itself was working fine.

Moreover, everything was working fine on my localhost! Even the contacts image. Now, what was the problem? I searched, scratched my head etc etc and then did some experiments with the live site - www.pdatomorrow.com.

It's now SOLVED! :D

The issue was caused by SH404SEF. All I had to do was to disable the SEF URL for the contacts page.
sh404.PNG
Now, SEF URLs are there for all pages except the Contacts page, which is fine with me, I really did not need SEF for the contact page, but definitely needed the captcha.

Thanks Bigo, for a very neat plugin. Hope you will be able to fix this issue too, for the benefit of those who need SEF URLs for their contacts page too...

Best wishes.

EDIT: Attached the composite patch file that I have used. Patches Registration and Contact forms, and adds a nice "Spambuster" image near the captcha image too. Credits to Bigo and original patchers... I only added the image and changed the layout.
DEMO: Registration, Contact
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zulhusni
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by zulhusni » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:08 am

yeah..i have got the problem fixed and successfully insert the bgcaptcha ..thanks! ;)
Acid Reflux Symptoms Dedicated blog for your health

jaskelly3578
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jaskelly3578 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:21 am

As a noob to Joomla and captcha i was wondering if there is a patch to allow bigocaptcha to save the already typed information when an incorrect code is entered. I would be nice to not have the people retype the message evrytime they get the code wrong.

PS. I love the plugin even more now that I worked out how to change the colors :D

Thanks for your help

Jas

jaskelly3578
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Bigo Captcha Colour

Post by jaskelly3578 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:36 am

I have been asked how I changed the colour of the animated captcha and as I can't see anyone else has posted this info here it is.

Two lines in the CaptchaImage.php need to be changed:

1 In the animatedout function change the line: $bg = Array ( r=>134, g=>170, b=>191 );
This line is the main background colour that the flag is rendered on.
If you have a white background change this to: $bg = Array ( r=>255, g=>255, b=>255 );

2. At the bottom of the file look for this line: $bg = ImageColorAllocate( $im, 0, 0, 0 );
As you can see I have changed the three numbers(r,g,b) all to 0 to give me a black flag
The next line: $fg = ImageColorAllocate( $im, 255, 255, 255 ); changes the colour of the rendered text. (currently white)

Hope this helps.

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:28 pm

I would also like to use it on the registration component. Do the instructions above for adding it to the com_contact component also apply to the registration one?

dax702
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by dax702 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:38 pm

You might want to look into this new thing called Jollum, a Joomla plugin for Mollum , it's pretty new, but I tested it on the sample sites and it works pretty well!

bigodines
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by bigodines » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 pm

for those who were complaining about not being able to download Bigo Captcha, I've fixed the download link.

tln
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tln » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:04 am

Hi everyone! I have read through all of this thread and am still unable to fix this.

I am trying to get this extension work on Joomla 1.5, for the registrations module.

I have installed Bigo Captcha plugin and I have enabled it. Then I substituted the two files that I downloaded in the archive from this thread. The problem that I have is that the Captcha image is not showing (and neither is a field for entering the code). When I click "register" button I get message "You have entered the wrong CAPTCHA sequence. Please try again." So... something is working. But something isn't. Does anyone know what is going on? If yes, please help me to resolve this, because I am on the verge of giving up with this whole Joomla 1.5 thing... :-[

MoonRay
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MoonRay » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:12 am

Did you use the package I have attached in the post above?

It works right out of the box. Nowadays, whenever I make a new installation of J!1.5, I also extract this package on the installation as it fixes both the contact and registration components to use captcha...

tln
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Bigo Captcha - [SOLVED]

Post by tln » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:06 am

Thank you for taking time to help. I have worked out what was wrong with my registration captcha - I have changed the template at the beginning, and it was not showing captcha. Once I have changed back to the original template, I could see the captcha image, animated and all. The cute "spambuster" is still missing (just the word shows but no image) but I will work that one out somehow. Then adjust my template / css and hopefully will be sorted.

Am so grateful for all of the members' posts and help that all of you provided here! :D

hannahross
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hannahross » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:16 am

hi
some times the captcah is not working properly

MoonRay
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MoonRay » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:53 am

hannahross wrote:hi
some times the captcah is not working properly
Can you be a bit specific?

baijianpeng
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by baijianpeng » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:37 pm

I love BigoCaptcha very much. I think the Joomla! team should add this one to the Joomla Core code.

However, today I tested it with the patch provided at http://www.bigodines.com/files/contact_patch.tar.gz and failed.

I am using Joomla! 1.5.3, then I installed BigoCaptcha v1.2 and enabled it. Next, I downloaded this patch and unzipped it to overwrote my existing files.

Now, I try to visit the contact page at frontend, but did not see the captcha image. Instead, I got some error messages.

Maybe this patch is only for old version of Joomla! 1.5 ?
JoomlaGate - Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

http://www.joomlagate.com

MoonRay
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MoonRay » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:57 pm

baijianpeng wrote:I am using Joomla! 1.5.3, then I installed BigoCaptcha v1.2 and enabled it. Next, I downloaded this patch and unzipped it to overwrote my existing files.
Now, I try to visit the contact page at frontend, but did not see the captcha image. Instead, I got some error messages.
Maybe this patch is only for old version of Joomla! 1.5 ?
The patch attached by me above is for Joomla 1.5.3 an I am using this perfectly on many sites with no other changes...

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Okay I am using Bigo Captcha on my yvcomments and it works great. Now I want to use it on the registration page. I tried downloading Jeff's patches but they didn't work for me (I don't see the captcha image and if you try to register it tells you you've entered an incorrect code) so now I'm going to try to use MoonRay's patch. Thing is I am using J1.5.0 --I guess I need to upgrade anyway but MoonRay, can you tell me if your patch would work on my slightly older version?

baijianpeng
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by baijianpeng » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:00 pm

MoonRay wrote: The patch attached by me above is for Joomla 1.5.3...
I noticed that the latest file in the patch was modified on Jan 23rd 2008, Joomla! 1.5.3 was not released at that time. Do you mean files for com_contact have not been altered since then ?
JoomlaGate - Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

http://www.joomlagate.com

pimpag
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pimpag » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:59 pm

I WAS going to use the tin captcha but i think i'll swing for this now, thanks again.

patrick69
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by patrick69 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:58 am

Hello,

Just for information and comment.

My future website is with the french FAI free.fr, and I had this issue with the image not showing (the safemode parameter ?)

I found a solution : the problem was the function Set_Time_Limit not accepted by Free.fr
I just invalidate the line in the file CaptchaImage.php with an @ at the begining of the line and I got the plugin working.

Is there an potential issue doing this change ?

Thanks Bigodines for this nice plugin.

Regards.
Patrick

ctilley
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ctilley » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Would love to know how to implement this thing to work with yvComment. Does it require code changes or something?

bigodines
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by bigodines » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:12 pm

for yvComment, no changes are required. Just install, publish and enable captcha in yv's configuration.

toniserna
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

BigoCaptcha + Safe Mode

Post by toniserna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:31 pm

believe wrote:Hello,
I have manually changed the controller class and default.php files, but I am receiving this message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::checktoken() in C:\wamp\www\Joomla-1.5RC4\administrator\components\com_contact\admin.contact.php on line 251

any ideas on what I did wrong?
Hello, I am using BigoCaptcha working toghether with yvComment in a Server which has Safe Mode On. I had the same problem that some other users reported: I could not see the captcha image. I solved it very easily and without any drawback (I think).

Just edit the file on your hosting "/plugins/system/Captcha04/CaptchaImage.php".
Go to the line 371:"Set_Time_Limit ( 0 );" and remove or comment it (//Set_Time_Limit ( 0 );)

I think that is no need to set an infinite time limit as we can rely on the time limit defined by the hosting server.

That's all now my Bigo Captcha is working fine. I hope this helps, let me know your feedback, thank you for this component and for the support effort.

Regards.

Lehoo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.5.5 + Bigo Captcha + SEF404

Post by Lehoo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi!

I upgraded J to v.1.5.5, I have had also installed SEF404 and no problems running BigoCaptcha.
I include modified PHP files in the attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChiefGoFor
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by ChiefGoFor » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Will this work with com_contact?
Joomla! ...because open source matters
"Try to answer two questions for every one question you ask." - Me

Lehoo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Lehoo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:04 am

Yes, second attachment - contact_patch.
I didn't include the spambuster logo if anyone is interested.

virtualmaker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by virtualmaker » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:00 am

Interesting captcha, thanks!

chuender
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chuender » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:19 am

sorry to be such a complete noob... this is my first day and my first pluin... i've looked through the blog, are there instructions for adding captcha to the registration form?

thanks.

Probie715
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Probie715 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:08 pm

Take a look at this post earlier in this topic, it worked as described...http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 8#p1265732. I had it up and running in a matter of minutes.

Just remember to install and activate the bigocaptcha plugin prior to replacing the specified files in the patch.
Brian D. Saylor
IT Admin / Webmaster
Mountville Fire Company No. 1
http://www.mountvillefire.com

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”