Please i need a video plugin / module for Joomla site

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
emmawab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Please i need a video plugin / module for Joomla site

Post by emmawab » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Dear All,
Please i need a Joomla Video Module/Plugin for a site. I have several Videos i want to Upload for people to view. Please kindly assist me as this is very very important.
Thank you all for your help
Emmanuel Wabeke

rand486
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Please i need a video plugin / module for Joomla site

Post by rand486 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Please look at the Joomla Extension Directory before asking these kinds of questions. There is an entire section dedicated to your need:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multimedia

Allvideos is a very popular choice.
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... allery/812

emmawab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by emmawab » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Rand486,
Thanks for your response. Fortunately I have downloaded the plugin and install it. Is showing in the plugin section. But now to configure it to show from the user view is my problem. Please can you assist me in this.
Cant figure out this description

--- FEATURES ---
1. Dozens of video providers supported, including localized versions of [youtube] and Google Video (e.g. es.[youtube].com), Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, MySpace, Flickr Video and more.
2. Stream your own media content, using the 20 web compatible video and audio formats like flv, swf, mov, mp4, wmv, wma, mp3, 3gp, webm, ogv, ogg, divx and more.
3. Easily embed your media content either directly from your server or a remote server!
4. Simple controls inside the plugin's parameters page provide layout consistency on all the videos shown in your Joomla! website. Set your preferences in seconds, publish the plugin and you're ready to start streaming content!
5. Easy, descriptive syntax for media embedding - {format/provider}filename{/format/provider}. You can also use syntax like {format/provider}filename|width|height|autoplay{/format/provider} (e.g. an "autoplaying" {[youtube]}he73js822|600|450|1{/[youtube]}) to display videos at different dimensions!
6. Skinnable! AllVideos uses MVC templating. Just copy the /tmpl folder included in the plugin, move it to your template's /html folder and rename it to "jw_allvideos", then style the output as you wish. The good thing about MVC templating is you don't have to worry about future updates breaking your styling.
7. Mobile-friendly: if you use MP4 for uploaded videos or services like [youtube], Vimeo and Dailymotion, your videos are mobile ready (see last screenshot).

My Video is .mp4 format. Please help me.
Thanks
Emmanuel

rand486
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by rand486 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Go to the All Videos support page - all the documentation you need is there.

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”