[OpenSef] Solution for "You are not authorized to view this resource." problem

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
codefreak
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

[OpenSef] Solution for "You are not authorized to view this resource." problem

Post by codefreak » Thu May 04, 2006 7:34 am

Hai guys,

I am new to both the CMS and this forum, I just installed Joomla and OpenSef on my newly builded website and was having the same problem as many people here. I tried all the solutions that I found in this forum but it didn't work, so I deciced to find the solution by myself. The solution is very simple, go to " Components > OpenSef > Manage Friendly URLs" and select "those friendly url" that you couldn't access and delete them. I hope it works for you guys. :-)

p/s: if you guys wanna thanx me for that, support me by joining the forum at my new website http://www.codefreak.org (LOL..Cheap advetisement...Moderator, you can delete the link if its not allowed here..) :-P

desiree
I've been banned!

Re: [OpenSef] Solution for "You are not authorized to view this resource." probl

Post by desiree » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:47 pm

doesnt help at all.
I love Joomla!

cipra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: [OpenSef] Solution for "You are not authorized to view this resource." probl

Post by cipra » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:14 am

it worked for me, from my understanding it will working for those sites where this error is caused by open sef.

If you have this problem:

1. Check to see if Open Sef is the cause
    Turn off Open Sef and then try accessing the page, if you can access the page then it means that open sef is causing the error.

2. If above turn
    Do the above mentioned solution.

3. If above false
    The above remedy might not work , but there is no harm in giving it a try.

Note: In my case I had three SAME entries for one particular page, it was necessary to delete all those three entries.

Hope this helps someone.

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”