Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla Installation? go: "Team Joomlancer PH - Auto Web INSTALLER Script"

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:50 am

ot2sen wrote: Hi guilliam,

Very interesting thing you guys made here.
I´ll try to make a danish translation for your script within the next days  ;)

This really looks like a handy script for newbies !
First you said webinstaller, then shorly after an upgrade-script was on track - now we just need the wondertool that also would do a smooth 5 seconds install on safe mode=on hosts  8)
smooth 5 seconds install on safe mode=on hosts  8)
safe mode=on hosts  ---> SAFE MODE: ON issue has been FIXED!   ;) it should be as smooth as you wished.  :)
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

WALKTHROUGH: how this is is done for the NEWBIEST of NEWBIES ;)

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:17 am

WALKTHROUGH: how this “Auto Web INSTALLER Script" be used for the NEWBIEST of the NEWBIES ;)

1. Click on the web address where the Auto Web INSTALLER Script is hosted or simply click on: http://joomla.astang.com/autoinstall

2. In the page: http://joomla.astang.com/autoinstall fill in the following details:

a.) Domain - the domain name or website address where the auto installation will be made. It should be placed with the "www."  prefixed like: http://www.yourdomain.com and do not place "http://" before the domain name. (ADVANCE USERS NOTE: the script can run on i.p. address input. thus, this script can still be used even if the domain name is still in propagation period or even there is no domain name pointed to such i.p. address. you can do this by writing directly the i.p. address such as: "123.123.1.123", this will STILL upload, create and install  the necessary files BUT the success page will be pointed towards the i.p. address you specified  like: "You can now go to: http://123.123.1.123/directoryname". Also note that this i.p. method can only be accessible IF you have a dedicated i.p., otherwise; you will not be able to access the i.p. address you specified via the web browser)

b.) cPanel User - type in the username you use to log-in to your cPanel.

c.) cPanel Pass - the password you use to log-in to your cPanel

d.) cPanel Theme - this is usually "x" so the default value is set to "x", change this in case the THEME of your cPanel differs or is not "x". You can check your cPanel's theme by logging into your cPanel and see the URL(website address in the internet browser's URL bar). The  cPanel's Theme is usually stated in third trailing slash starting from the domain name's root example: http://yourwebsite.com:2082/frontend/bl ... index.html . In this example, "bluelagoon" is the the cPanel's Theme. For further visual reference please check the screenshots below:

Decription: This image shows that the cPanel Theme your host is using: "x"

***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****____
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****____

Decription: This image shows that the cPanel Theme your host is using: "bluelagoon"

Decription: This image shows that the cPanel Theme your host is using: "rvblue"

e.) Desired DB Name - the Name of the Joomla! mySQL Data Base that you wish use. you can write anything you wish the

f.) Desired DB User - the Username of the Joomla! mySQL Data Base that you wish use.

g.) Desired DB Pass - the password of the Joomla! mySQL Data Base that you wish use.

h.) Desired Directory -

author's note: this walkthru will be modified, proof-read and to be continued.... other concerns, bug reports etc,.. PLEASE feel free to post it ahead. ;)

stay tuned.  :)

Last edited by guilliam on Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

damo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by damo » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:30 pm

i'm been really stupid but this is just for cpanel users right?
i have a few sites and having a quick way to migrate all my mambo to joomla would mean i could do it a lot quicker .. is this going to happen or is it already?
cheers
damo

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:16 pm

damo wrote: i'm been really stupid but this is just for cpanel users right?
i have a few sites and having a quick way to migrate all my mambo to joomla would mean i could do it a lot quicker .. is this going to happen or is it already?
cheers
damo
hello damo! this INSTALLER is CURRENTLY for cPanel only.

we sent a solicitation to our fellow community members who also runs their hosting company to let us borrow a webhost that has NON cPanel as it's WHM(WebHost Manager),.. like plesk, helm, direct admin, etc..

we will borrow the said webhost simply for TESTING purposes. hence we only have cPanel on out hosts it makes us unavailable to code scripts that we dont know what is the targeted WHM's environment. we sent out solicitation 14 hours ago and so far we ONLY recieved one reply in which they also uses cPanel. so if you have a host that is NON cPanel for its WHM and youre willing to support this project, do send me a pm what your WHM console and i'll announce it on this thread that particular WHM of yours is currently under coding/development.

SECOND, the "Team Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script" is currently in production and doing our alpha testings(only cPanel also) and as of the moment of this writing(30 sept 05) it is NOT yet released to the public. you can check the MIGRATION script forum thread in here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html

while the project has been approved and commenced in the Joomla Forge today. you can check the project description in the forge here: http://developer.joomla.org/sf/sfmain/d ... omatic_web

it follows that if you can lend us HELM for example(as your host's WHM) we will code the INSTALLER script to run on  HELM as well as code the MIGRATION script to run in the same WHM you will be lending.

-guilliam

King7
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by King7 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:26 pm

guilliam wrote:
we sent a solicitation to our fellow community members who also runs their hosting company to let us borrow a webhost that has NON cPanel as it's WHM(WebHost Manager),.. like plesk, helm, direct admin, etc..

we will borrow the said webhost simply for TESTING purposes. hence we only have cPanel on out hosts it makes us unavailable to code scripts that we dont know what is the targeted WHM's environment. we sent out solicitation 14 hours ago and so far we ONLY recieved one reply in which they also uses cPanel. so if you have a host that is NON cPanel for its WHM and youre willing to support this project, do send me a pm what your WHM console and i'll announce it on this thread that particular WHM of yours is currently under coding/development.
I can give you a Direct Admin account for testing. Is that what you ment?

-- King7

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:37 pm

@King7,.. 2 PM's is sitting in your inbox sir. thank you!

Dragon Company
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re : Joomla Installation? go: "Team Joomlancer PH - Auto Web INSTALLER Script"

Post by Dragon Company » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:45 pm

I just send to you french translation.

tell me if its okay ;)

Vince
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Vince » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:52 pm

I can give you a DirectAdmin account access, that is running PHP5.
Only using this as a test bed myself, so let me know.

- Vince
www.hostbaron.com - low price Joomla starter packages.

www.SpanishVilla.com - Buy, rent or sell a Spanish property.

damo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by damo » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:54 pm

if its not a big file i can do swedish for you ...

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:26 pm

who is "competent" or brave enough to take the Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION alpha testing??

Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script is currently out for alpha testing and if currently not yet available to the open public until substantial results are met from the test migrations to be made  by the willing ALPHA testers.

anyone interested pls check the other here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... l#msg65207
Last edited by guilliam on Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jb » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:34 am

How can I run this auto installer if I'm on a server which does not use cPanel? And I can find absolutely no indication of what interface they are running (they simply refer to it as "member ops").

I'm having a heck of a time getting Joomla installed properly on my server @ PowWeb. I'm getting the unwriteable save session path problem in the system section of step 1 of my install check. Everything else there looks good, but for the save session path being unwriteable.

I sure would love to get this auto-install thing to work.. sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered for a newb like me. Any suggestions?

Cheers.
jb
Last edited by jb on Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:20 am

jb wrote: How can I run this auto installer if I'm on a server which does not use cPanel? And I can find absolutely no indication
Sorry Jb they havent worked a solution for other than Cpanel Accounts. Just you bad luck that you dont have Cpanel.
A. N. Jacob-New
The Tech & Design Blog http://www.Clazh.com

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:35 am

jb wrote: How can I run this auto installer if I'm on a server which does not use cPanel? And I can find absolutely no indication of what interface they are running (they simply refer to it as "member ops").

I'm having a heck of a time getting Joomla installed properly on my server @ PowWeb. I'm getting the unwriteable save session path problem in the system section of step 1 of my install check. Everything else there looks good, but for the save session path being unwriteable.

I sure would love to get this auto-install thing to work.. sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered for a newb like me. Any suggestions?

Cheers.
jb
@jb

first off, we dont have an experience with "PowWeb" that you meantioned.

second, that: "unwriteable save session path" is a feature covered by this auto web installer script(aside from auto file permission CHMODDING) in which pre-install check should always end up "all green". except for SAFE-MODE changing(for  those webhost that set thier .ini config) to OFF. that issue cant be resolved since thats your webhost administrators concern.

third, ahmmmmnnn.. NURSE!! where's my stethoscope??  :D just kidding.. ehheheh , seriously this is the primary aim of Team Joomlancer. to quote from the Joomla news site:
The “Joomla Automatic Web Installer Script” is an; automatic web based server to server install of the Joomla Core files PLUS an automatic Joomla mySQL Database creation with auto CHMOD of folders and files to make sure you will have the smoothest and most NEWBIE friendly Joomla Installation experience.
quoted from: The "7 seconds slam BANG!, Joomla INSTALLATION!!!" method is released!

fourth, if you we encounter another request(maybe 2) for compatibility for "PowWeb" as you mentioned(sorry, this is the first time i've heard this WHM or is it a WHM?) we will assess to add that in our "TO DO's". it may sound odd but we have currently have DirectAdmin, Plesk and Helm in our line up(first come first first does not apply, ehhehehe  :D) for WHM to be supported. 
priority to DirectAdmin since this is the first NON-cPanel WHM that we recived an access for our dev testings.

btw.. before i forgot,.. we are still in need of PLESK and HELM. again, if who among you will lend first this WHM's mentioned(plesk or helm) it will be the next WHM to be supported. were currently working with DirectAdmin now.  ;)

other else...

@King7 - lended a host with "DirectAdmin" as WHM in its webhost. currently working on the script to run on DirectAdmin now. we may borrow this host for a couple of days(2 or 3) since we will also do our dev testing for the Team Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script to run on this WHM environment.

@Dragon Company - got ".fr" translation sitting hot and ready for php page parsing. unfortunately we are currently occupied with this TWO projects that we are working on SIMULTANEOUSLY. so please bear with us for not posting the languages up in the page yet. will do as soon as we got this [Team Joomlancer PH - Auto Web INSTALLER Script] and [Team Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script] all sorted out in its coding/scripting. pleae extend my regards to: you know who. :-* ehehheheehhe  ;)

@MamboVince - thank you sir vince for the offer. we already have a host which has DirectAdmin as its WHM from @King7
. we will surely take your offer a great consideration next time. hope you will still be willing to lend us what you're offering the next time:)

@damo - as mentioned will still have to sort out things.. arghhh.. we have been very occupied with the coding and will be addressing the language files as soon as things get stable with both INSTALLER and MIGRATION scripts. also we still have to check if we have the swedish translation already.. cant exactly remember which and what langauages has been sent in the email [email protected] . so just hold on, there MIGHT be a swedish translation already.

ALL TRANSLATION TEAMS who have submitted the translations(already have 12 or is it 14 i still need to sort back), as mentioned we will address the translations after we got both the INSTALLER and MIGRATION scripts sorted out in the coding/scripting concerns. thank you again for the support. we will surely need the same support you guys(and a very pretty gal, i wont mention who.. ehheheh) have extend on this INSTALLER script project on the other script project. if you may, also pls subscribe in the thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html in support for the "Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script"

:'( arghhhhhhh.. its 1033am(PH time).. i hafta hop atop the bed guys.. eyes now soaring  :'(  will go back this thread later and finish off the walkthru documentation that was left hanging.  :(

-guilliam

Jing
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Jing » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:55 am

guilliam wrote:
who is "compotent" or brave enough to take the Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION alplha testing??

Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script is currently out for alpha testing and if currently not yet available to the open public until substantial results are met from the test migrations to be made  our ALPHA testers.

anyone interested pls check the other here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... l#msg65207
I can help you with this guilliam. :)
Currently I have a Mambo - Fantastico installer and it is still in version 4.5.2.3. I can install a new one as test site and have your Joomla Migration alpha test it. Although it will be in its default installation, without modules and components in it yet. I don't know if that would be helpfull for you.  ???  ???
Can I have the link for the Migration auto installer? :D

BTW, I can help you with this but I can give you the feedbacks by tomorrow evening yet. I can only do this on my spare time tomorrow afternoon (Philippine time)... hehehe.. ;) :D :D
My first Joomla site & I'm proud I made it http://www.cebuanoads.com

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:19 am

Jing wrote:
guilliam wrote:
who is "compotent" or brave enough to take the Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION alplha testing??

Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script is currently out for alpha testing and if currently not yet available to the open public until substantial results are met from the test migrations to be made  our ALPHA testers.

I can help you with this guilliam. :)
Currently I have a Mambo - Fantastico installer and it is still in version 4.5.2.3. I can install a new one as test site and have your Joomla Migration alpha test it. Although it will be in its default installation, without modules and components in it yet. I don't know if that would be helpfull for you.  ???  ???
Can I have the link for the Migration auto installer? :D

BTW, I can help you with this but I can give you the feedbacks by tomorrow evening yet. I can only do this on my spare time tomorrow afternoon (Philippine time)... hehehe.. ;) :D :D
you got pm sitting in your inbox sir.. we are trying to run this two community projects as shiftly and as fast as we can deploy it(though the INSTALLER script is due to be elevated to 1.1 release).

pm sent with the URL to the MIGRATION script. again, dont mention the URL where that migration script is residing. not yet for now.

for easier project organization please post a reply directlty to the other thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html

im off to bedddddddd....... :)

shereyll
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shereyll » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:23 am

King7 wrote:
guilliam wrote:

I can give you a Direct Admin account for testing. Is that what you ment?

-- King7

One of my host, IPowerweb,  uses VDeck. You can use it for testing. PM me for the account info.
Last edited by shereyll on Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature rules: Literal URLs only - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:13 pm

@shereyll, you got pm waiting in your inbox.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

the webinstaller release for DirectAdmin control panel is released as ALPHA. though there is not much of release issues unlike the migration, Team Joomlancer PH would like to announce the web installer for those using a DIRECT ADMIN as control panel. please click on the link below:

http://joomla.astang.net/autoinstall?cp=da

report bugs directly to this thread so that the Team(Team Joomlancer) can address to any bug reports/concerns. thank you.

-guilliam

PS: Vdeck control panel is NEXT to be coded BOTH for installer and migration script. thanks @shereyll for the offer.
still waiting for anyone to LEND Plesk and/or Helm.

-ditto

athron
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by athron » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:24 pm

Although I want to support if nobody has still made translation of Japanese, how is it?  ;)

Please teach me how do I start it from English language.

Is there english language file ?
From Japan ---- Time Zone GMT+9

Dragon Company
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re : Re: Joomla Installation? go: "Team Joomlancer PH - Auto Web INSTALLER Scrip

Post by Dragon Company » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:24 pm

guilliam wrote: pleae extend my regards to: you know who. :-* ehehheheehhe  ;)
okay i will do it :)  8)

Markku
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Markku » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:36 pm

I'm quoting Guilliam from the first post of this thread:

"TRANSLATION NOTE: Language Translation of that web installer page is warmly welcome to int'l translators to translate into their respective local language. anyone interested to volunteer pls do so in copy pasting the HTML source code and modify the text descriptions to be translated. zip the translated HTML file and send it to: joomla-translation @ astang.com"

Just go to http://joomla.astang.com/autoinstall
copy page html code, translate and send it to address mentioned above.
athron wrote: Please teach me how do I start it from English language.

Is there english language file ?
Finnish Translation Coordinator -
Member of the Finnish Joomla Translation Team  - http://www.joomlaportal.fi

athron
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by athron » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:52 pm

Thank you, Markku. Sorry, I had overlooked it.

O.K. Now I will make it !
Last edited by athron on Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k19
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by k19 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:31 pm

I'm sure I missed this reading the three pages worth so pardon my dual post if it is one.

I'd like to have joomla in my root directory of my site not a subdirectory.

When I leave Desired Directory blank it dumps it one blow where my host has it setup.

I have a host that sets up a public_html when I FTP in I see that.  It also has a symlink of WWW
If I try either public_html or www in the desired directory name it creates another directory like this
public_html/public_html so my browser shows http://www.mydomain.com/public_html
or if I use www it put in www/www and browser has to go to http://www.mydomain.com/www

I'd like it to be able to go to just http://www.mydomain.com

Thanks
K19

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:52 pm

k19 wrote: I'm sure I missed this reading the three pages worth so pardon my dual post if it is one.

I'd like to have joomla in my root directory of my site not a subdirectory.

When I leave Desired Directory blank it dumps it one blow where my host has it setup.

I have a host that sets up a public_html when I FTP in I see that.  It also has a symlink of WWW
If I try either public_html or www in the desired directory name it creates another directory like this
public_html/public_html so my browser shows http://www.mydomain.com/public_html
or if I use www it put in www/www and browser has to go to http://www.mydomain.com/www

I'd like it to be able to go to just http://www.mydomain.com

Thanks
K19
its already mentioned in page one.. re: about webroot installation. at any rate, heres a quick one: install it in any subfolder then just transfer it(the whole subfolder to your webroot). this is done bec its a security precaution that we dont want to have the installation script OVERWRITE something(files, folders) in your webroot. at any rate, since this request has been raised a number of times, we will implement what you wish. besides, we will include it in the script's disclaimer. :)

@athron, markku is right. just send it right in.. we currently have out plates full lately.. tons of features we are adding. so dont expect soonest that your translation that have been submitted will be posted in the page. thank you!

bluesaze
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by bluesaze » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:56 pm

guilliam wrote: we will include it in he script's disclaimer. :)
You guys better come up with a disclaimer fast. Even though a lot of people seem very encouraging. Its best to be on the safe side. I suggest you point them to the disclaimer then after they agree let them access the auto web installer.
A. N. Jacob-New
The Tech & Design Blog http://www.Clazh.com

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:04 pm

bluesaze wrote:
guilliam wrote: we will include it in he script's disclaimer. :)
You guys better come up with a disclaimer fast. Even though a lot of people seem very encouraging. Its best to be on the safe side. I suggest you point them to the disclaimer then after they agree let them access the auto web installer.
thats what is exactly the issue why were not releasing the Team Joomlancer PH - Automatic Web-based Mambo to Joomla MIGRATION Script for public beta release since Team Joomlancer PH does not wish for our valued NEWBIES makes the mistakes with unguided implementation. we dont want to point our fingers to a "disclaimer"  since as much as we wanted we aim for the script/s to be community centered project, emphasizing in aiding the newbies needs. oh well, DISCLAIMER will eventually be posted in the script page  ;)

thanks @bluesaze!

athron
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by athron » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:55 pm

I have just send it.

I added a meta tag  to head because I wrote it with UTF-8 Japanese charset.

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Please test it . :)

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

7 second Wham bam Install

Post by gws » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:22 pm

I just tried the install script from Team Joomlancer from the phillipines and have to say what a wonderful idea this is. It normally takes me 10 minutes to FTP joomla up to a server and this script had the basic installation done in under a Minute, Well done the team.

jb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jb » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:48 pm

guilliam wrote: fourth, if you we encounter another request(maybe 2) for compatibility for "PowWeb" as you mentioned(sorry, this is the first time i've heard this WHM or is it a WHM?) we will assess to add that in our "TO DO's".
That would be great. PowWeb is quite a large hosting company which I'm really happy with, and they already provide their own instant-installer for Mambo, as well as several other CMS's. Sure would have been nice if they had provided one for Joomla! I imagine it wouldn't be to great of a jump from installing Mambo to installing Joomla, right?

[Mod edit: No advertising]

I'd love to see Joomla take over at PowWeb.

Cheers.
jb
Last edited by Slixter on Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:47 pm

gws wrote: I just tried the install script from Team Joomlancer from the phillipines and have to say what a wonderful idea this is. It normally takes me 10 minutes to FTP joomla up to a server and this script had the basic installation done in under a Minute, Well done the team.
thank you @gws sir!
jb wrote:
guilliam wrote: fourth, if you we encounter another request(maybe 2) for compatibility for "PowWeb" as you mentioned(sorry, this is the first time i've heard this WHM or is it a WHM?) we will assess to add that in our "TO DO's".
That would be great. PowWeb is quite a large hosting company which I'm really happy with, and they already provide their own instant-installer for Mambo, as well as several other CMS's. Sure would have been nice if they had provided one for Joomla! I imagine it wouldn't be to great of a jump from installing Mambo to installing Joomla, right?

By the way, anyone interested in a great hosting solution, please check out PowWeb by using my affiliate link. It's a great service.. very good live support (24/7 phone, email, forum, and live chat), 5GB storage, 10GB bandwidth/day, pop email for up to 650 accounts, a good (rewarding!) affiliate program, preconfigured with php, mySQL, etc., and with new installers (as mentioned above for Mambo, etc.) which are not yet listed on their "features" page. Regular price for hosting is $7.77/month, but with their specials (they're always running specials), that comes down to below $5.00. In fact, their September special brought it down to $3 something.

I'd love to see Joomla take over at PowWeb.

Cheers.
jb
hello jb,

FIRST, what we are asking is a WHM or "WEB HOST MANAGER". we dont have any accounts hosted in the hosting provider you mentioned(obviously since Joomlancer.com who is developing this community project runs its own web servers via: astang dot com).

SECOND, can you look in to your WHM what your webhost is using? say, cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, etc... OR enlighten my ignorance: does your webhost programs their own control panel or its own WHM?? if in case you are using or your webhost is using VDeck,.. and you missed reading this post:
One of my host, IPowerweb,  uses VDeck. You can use it for testing. PM me for the account info. --quoted from @sheryll

then, we already announced that Vdeck WHM is next to be coded to be compatible to run this INSTALLER and MIGRATION scripts Team Joomlancer PH is developing.

BUT IF, your webhost is using ITS OWN WHM and they program their own control panel, then thats someting WE CANNOT do to provide,.. since this Joomla INSTALLER and MIGRATION  scripts were developing is a "community project" and NOT a "commercial project". if then, you may request your webhost to program a Joomla INSTALLER and a MIGRATION script.

***we(Team Joomlancer PH) define COMMUNITY PROJECT as a non commercial, community centered software/program/solution that is aimed to be released to the community as a FREE service or of non commercial value(emphasis on NON and didnt used the word: NO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
athron wrote: I have just send it.
I added a meta tag  to head because I wrote it with UTF-8 Japanese charset.

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Please test it . :)
^^will do,.. aghhhhhh.. but i might have overlooked that the Japanese translation team member that i have pm'ed already submitted his niponngo translation. but your "meta tag" that you have added will be an aid. thank you for submitting.

@ALL TRANSLATION TEAMS:
we apologize for not yet posting your submitted transalations. as all of oyu can see we have our plates full with coding and addressing the requests for other WHM's(non cPanel) to be compatible both the Joomla INSTALLER and MIGRATION scripts. will announce as soon as the language transalation pages are up for your further proof reading and possible editing. again, our apologies.

-guilliam
Last edited by guilliam on Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jb » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:26 pm

guilliam wrote:
BUT IF, your webhost is using ITS OWN WHM and they program their own control panel, then thats someting WE CANNOT do to provide,..
Ooops!!! That was me, and not gws, with the advertising. So sorry.. I didn't even think about that. After reading your response, I went back up to edit the "ad" out of my post, and see that you've already done it for me (thanks)..  :-[ :-[ :-[  It won't happen again.. promise.

So yes, I believe my provider uses their own WHM.. I can find no indication of "what" it really is, although I think they would do well to either update it, or move to something which does a better job. So I totally understand your innability to provide for it.. understood. I'll suggest to THEM that they get on the Joomla bandwagon, and make an installer available for their users.

I'll get out of your hair, now.  :-\

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”