Yview updated

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
emeyer
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Yview updated

Post by emeyer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:07 am

I have updated the Yview image/[youtube] lightbox for Google's new microdata requirements this summer:

http://www.yofiel.com/software/web-soft ... for-joomla

The cached [youtube] thumbnails are now also included as article blog images, as Google requires at least one image for all blog links.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

All the best
Ernest

bokojoom99
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Yview updated

Post by bokojoom99 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:57 pm

I am struggling with micro data and I wonder if it is possible to add microdata for videos from my [youtube] channel which are embedded into blog articles to show on search - I could not find any examples of this.

For now I think I managed to implement correct structure into one article here: http://www.realbinaryoptionsreviews.com ... esentation , but for other artcles I would want to show the thumbs of embedded videos in the search results. Not sure how to do this ... is this even possible? And what format of MD to use?

Will search further!

emeyer
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by emeyer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Did you embed the videos using a {[youtube]} tag as described in the article, and enable microdata in the yview plugin?

emeyer
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by emeyer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:31 pm

I did actually find an issue today,

If the 'page break' and 'pagination' plugins are enabled, yview has to be after them in plugin order. I've been using it for a year now, and I havent had any other issues, but if you do have an issue and want me to look at it, I will need to be able to login as administrator on your site to see what's going on.

I am working on a simple addition that defers thumbnail load until the page starts to render, which drastically improves performance on pages with alot of larger thumbnails. It doesn't require jquery either.

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”