Help needed for an advanced feature in the website

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ismailkimyacioglu
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Help needed for an advanced feature in the website

Post by ismailkimyacioglu » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Hello Friends,

I have been working with Joomla for about 2 years. Due to some limitations in our business, we couldn't integrate an e-commerce site up to now. But instead, I would like to employ something else. As I don't know the name, I wanted to consult here.

What I want to do is to make a tracking page such as TNT, DHL, and Fedex have. I mean I will give a number to a customer when he confirms his order. After that when he enters his number in a query form in our website, it will bring all the tracking details regarding to his order such as his order is in production, testing phase, packaging phase, etc.

Please help me or give some idea with a ready component, module, or script to proceed ?

Look forward to hearing your comments and ideas.

All the best.

muddauber
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Help needed for an advanced feature in the website

Post by muddauber » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:30 am

VirtueMart has the following features:
flexible Shipping Carriers and Rates Configuration
Live-Shipping Rates using Shipping Modules (e.g. InterShipper, UPS, USPS, FedEx or Canada Post; Modules can use the Shipping Rate API).
extend your Shop with other Shipping Modules using the Shipping Module API

They have order status info and you can use it as a
Catalog without the order processing (e-commerce) option.

Review features here http://virtuemart.net/index.php?Itemid= ... tent&id=69

I've used it successfully on 1.0X and 1.5 sites

ismailkimyacioglu
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ismailkimyacioglu » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have just visited the link and will check thoroughly the possibilities for our site.

nate_k
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nate_k » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:21 pm

I'd like to do this as well, like just having an area in an article on the front page to track a package. I've looked all over the net in how to use the fedex supplied php files ut cant find anything. Nor any code examples on how to possibly integrate this.

I even went to the devshed site and asked there but only got nasty replies and no help. go figure? from a site that specalizes in code help....

I do not want this tied to the cart. I just want an small space somewhere that you can enter the tracking number in and it show you the results.

Ive tried to use the floating code from fedex itself but that didnt work either when I set it as a custom html and then tried to view it. So help would be greatly appreciated instead of snubby remarks like I got from devshed.

geniusauthor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by geniusauthor » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Needs this also

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”