rhuk solarflare ii to work with 1.5

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
HarryB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: rhuk solarflare ii to work with 1.5

Post by HarryB » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:29 pm

To all who are using the SolarFlare II for Joomla! 1.5 Templates....

A new "wide" version of rhuk SolarFlare II for Joomla! 1.5 is now available for download. This version has fixed width of approximately 1000px.

If you need to ask me questions or request support regarding the rhuk SolarFlare II for Joomla! 1.5 family of templates, please use this thread as it is the only one I monitor on a regular basis.

Also, if you are using rhuk SolarFlare II for commercial purposes (i.e., to earn income), please consider making a donation to the Joomla! Project.

And please keep this thread on topic...SolarFlare II for Joomla! 1.5 only!
Last edited by HarryB on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need a helping hand, use the one at the end of your own arm.
www.hrpr.com

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:54 pm

hello HarryB,

many thanks for the great offer. I just head over and download it. I will try it out and apply it to the (non-commercial) site, a site for my pupils and the shool i work for. A kind of special project where i need to work alot. It is in its first beta-stage.

Love the SolarFlare II.
Now i head over and start work.

best regards
joodriver

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 am

hello HarryB,

how to change the header-image of the theme?
Note: i cannot change the image on the quick way. If i want to erase the image i g et a bad response from the server. I does not allow the changing.

i suffer at the issue: JFolder::create: Could not create directory
see http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=252418

but solved this via the brutal setup to 7777 of every folder. But
this trick only allows to upload the new templates or modules. All extensions and uploads wents nice and well.

But to change one file itself is very very difficult.

so what should i do? I hope that i was able to expalin it quite well.

otherwise i will add some more explanations...

thanks for every help in advance!!

joodriver ;-)

HarryB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HarryB » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 pm

This is probably a server configuration issue concerning "ownership" of the files and who has permission to change them, so there is really nothing much I can do to resolve it except to offer this suggestion:

1. If you can use FTP to upload files to your server, upload your new header-image file into the templates/solarflare_ii_gray_wide/images directory.
2. If you cannot do that, try creating a new solarflare_ii_gray_wide.zip file containing your new header-image on your local PC and reinstall the entire template.

Also, have you tried any of the solutions in addition to the 777 fix talked about in the thread you have referenced? Also, maybe your host provider can help you sort out the file ownership issues.
www.hrpr.com

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:41 pm

hello HarryB

many thanks for the quick reply. Great to hear from you. i try the following options. i report the results to this thread.
HarryB wrote:This is probably a server configuration issue concerning "ownership" of the files and who has permission to change them, so there is really nothing much I can do to resolve it except to offer this suggestion:

1. If you can use FTP to upload files to your server, upload your new header-image file into the templates/solarflare_ii_gray_wide/images directory.
2. If you cannot do that, try creating a new solarflare_ii_gray_wide.zip file containing your new header-image on your local PC and reinstall the entire template. hip issues.
that should work. I talked to the server-admin (a friend of mine) The solution suPHP which is suggested in the long thread with the issue: JFolder::create: Could not create directory
see http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=252418 (note: 22 thousands views and more than 230 replies is not accepted by him. He refuses to install and configure the php like the guys mentioned in the thread...

i try out serveral things and work arounds... will let you know waht happened..

best regards
joodriver :)

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:50 am

Hello folks

if u look at http://www.jobstarters.org

you see the theme does not fill the whole screen. (well try it out with IE and FF 3.05 - you will see some kind of border at the right and left side of the template)

How can i make t he background looking white!?
is this possible.

thx alot

Joodriver :)

ps - this is a Rhuk SolarFlare issue - well gues no... but anyway - this issue is a all-time and everywhere-issue i guesss.
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

HarryB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HarryB » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:19 pm

joo_jesus wrote:Hello folks
How can i make t he background looking white!?
is this possible.
Change background value for body tag in template_css.css file...

Code: Select all

body {
	margin: 15px 0;
	height: 100%;
	padding: 0;
	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif;
	font-size: 11px;
	color: #333333;
	background:#666; /* change body background color here */
}
www.hrpr.com

joodriver
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by joodriver » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:08 am

hello HarryB

many thanks - it works great. You are a great supporter, designer. You deserve honour for your devoted work.

many many thanks for all you did!!

best regards
joodriver

ttorion
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ttorion » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:38 pm

Hello,

I am new to Joomla and would am looking to use solarflare for a club website. I've downloaded the wide version to localhost as well as a test directory on my webserver. The test is at http://www.w5qgg.org/marc/.

I would like to have the menu on the left with buttons like the one at http://rc.hrpr.com/ but I can't figure out what I need to do that. The version I have just has the menu as text.

Any help appreciated!

Alan

HarryB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HarryB » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:35 pm

...I would like to have the menu on the left with buttons like the one at http://rc.hrpr.com/ but I can't figure out what I need to do that. The version I have just has the menu as text....
See if making the configuration changes noted in following link solve your problem...

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 8#p1260348
www.hrpr.com

ttorion
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ttorion » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks HarryB! I called myself looking through this topic before posting but I sure missed that post.

I think I can figure out how to adjust the colors in the CSS file but if not I'll be back.

Thanks again!

Alan

if_iwere_a_dog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by if_iwere_a_dog » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:01 am

hello ttorion

i thank you for the posting and for showing your testsite. GREAT STUFF!
many thanks for sharing your experience and the great results. Your site looks superB!
thanks also to HarryB for his never ending support!

Harry - one question: how can i make the two collumn layout to a one column layout... I mean i want ot have the articles on http://www.jobstarters.org - to a one column article layout. is this possible...

many many thanks in advance.

if i were a dog! :laugh:

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm

hello if i were a dog

great question. I want to know that too

best regards

joo
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

ttorion
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ttorion » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 pm

if_iwere_a_dog wrote: Harry - one question: how can i make the two collumn layout to a one column layout... I mean i want ot have the articles on http://www.jobstarters.org - to a one column article layout. is this possible...
I think I can answer that. Go to the Administative Interface. Under the Menus choose Main Menu. Then select Home. Over on the Parameters (Basic) change columns from 2 to 1.

HarryB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HarryB » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:18 pm

one question:how can i make the two column layout to a one column layout...
Also if you are using Section Blog or Category Blog content types, you need to set Columns = 1 in the Parameters (basic) panel for the section or category blog entry in your menus if you want these content types to have a one column view.
www.hrpr.com

if_iwere_a_dog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by if_iwere_a_dog » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:44 pm

Hello HarryB,

many many thanks for the quick help. That is graeat to see your great support for the theme.
HarryB wrote:
one question:how can i make the two column layout to a one column layout...
Also if you are using Section Blog or Category Blog content types, you need to set Columns = 1 in the Parameters (basic) panel for the section or category blog entry in your menus if you want these content types to have a one column view.
It helped. See the page - http://www.jobstarters.org.

BTW: you allready have answered this, but i have forgotten this in the meantime: How to edit and how to fill the Top Module Empty? I have forgotten this. But it must be possible. Guess so.

And last but not least: where do add the buttons that can be seen on some pages. On some pages i have seen buttons over the top-banner?! Where can they be edited?

look forward to hear from you

best regards
if i were a dog

(have totally forgotten my old username - btw -from my machine i can enter the site not with the general user - name, but form office it is possible. so i choose another username - a funny one...)

HarryB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HarryB » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

if_iwere_a_dog wrote: BTW: you allready have answered this, but i have forgotten this in the meantime: How to edit and how to fill the Top Module Empty? I have forgotten this. But it must be possible. Guess so.
Assign a module to the "top" position.
And last but not least: where do add the buttons that can be seen on some pages. On some pages i have seen buttons over the top-banner?! Where can they be edited?
make a menu with items you want to display and assign it to the "user3" position.

Most of the questions you are asking have been either asked and answered earlier in this thread or most likely can be answered by reading through this:

http://portal.hrpr.com/2009/02/16/how-c ... -joomla-15
www.hrpr.com

if_iwere_a_dog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by if_iwere_a_dog » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:15 pm

hello HarryB

thanks for the quick reply. i will assign a module to the top position - to get the empty menu thing going...

many thanks and best regards

if i were a dog

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:40 pm

hello dear friends,

i run the rhuk template on the site - http://www.jobstarters.org - great template -i love it.

One Question though: how can i get the google-map into the top left position. Is this possible..? to get the map out of the center either

a. the block which is called cb-online... -in other words in this position or in a
b. lightbox - see the example on the page - http://tech.reumer.net
c. this lightbox can be somewehre below - on the left side of the page... in the left coulumn.

love to hear from you
best regards
joo :)
regards un-leash,

neotericuk
I've been banned!

Post by neotericuk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 am

Hi harry,
Thanks for such a nice and valuable information.

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:12 pm

sure thing - i love the template. and it is great. And the support is overwhelming.

thx alot for all!

great community - great site here.

Metabo
regards un-leash,

HarryB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HarryB » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:46 pm

joo_jesus wrote:hello dear friends,

i run the rhuk template on the site - http://www.jobstarters.org - great template -i love it.

One Question though: how can i get the google-map into the top left position. Is this possible..? to get the map out of the center either

a. the block which is called cb-online... -in other words in this position or in a
b. lightbox - see the example on the page - http://tech.reumer.net
c. this lightbox can be somewehre below - on the left side of the page... in the left coulumn.

love to hear from you
best regards
joo :)
Not really familiar with how this plugin works, but maybe this will work...

Install and activate the plugin per instructions at http://tech.reumer.net. Then try making a custom module with the plugin code in it and assign it to the top left position.
www.hrpr.com

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:27 pm

hello HarryB

many many thanks for the quick relpy. I will do as you told. Many many thanks

best regards
joo
regards un-leash,

HarryB
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HarryB » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:53 pm

If you are using any of the SolarFlare II for Joomla! 1.5 templates and want do do your viewers who are using Micorsoft's newly released IE8 browser a big favor, do the following:

Code: Select all

In the template's index.php file, immediately following the <head> statement, insert the following statement:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" /> <!-- for IE8 Compatibility -->
This will automatically put the IE8 browser in compatibility mode and allow correct display of the SolarFlare II template when using IE8.

To learn more about this, go to:

http://alistapart.com/articles/beyonddoctype
www.hrpr.com

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:58 pm

hello HarryB

many many thanks for the great posting. You are great!

Thanks for the great engagement!

yours joo
regards un-leash,

Hammerhead
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Hammerhead » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Harry, hope you can help me with this...

I've adapted the 'wide' version of the template and changed a few color schemes to match the work I'm doing for a (nonprofit) client. But for some reason I can't get the 'menu_bg.png' file to show up, so I'm using colored text instead.

www.att77.org

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

ttorion
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ttorion » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:10 am

Hammerhead wrote:I've adapted the 'wide' version of the template and changed a few color schemes to match the work I'm doing for a (nonprofit) client. But for some reason I can't get the 'menu_bg.png' file to show up, so I'm using colored text instead.
I had a similar question earlier. Did you make the configuration changes noted in this post? http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 8#p1260348

Hammerhead
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 am

ttorion wrote:
Hammerhead wrote:I've adapted the 'wide' version of the template and changed a few color schemes to match the work I'm doing for a (nonprofit) client. But for some reason I can't get the 'menu_bg.png' file to show up, so I'm using colored text instead.
I had a similar question earlier. Did you make the configuration changes noted in this post? http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 8#p1260348
Thanks for that link. Unfortunately, it's greek to me. I would be great if there there were some updated file that encompasses all the requirements of 1.5 but looks and feels like the original SolarFlare template.

ttorion
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ttorion » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:55 am

Hammerhead wrote:Thanks for that link. Unfortunately, it's greek to me. I would be great if there there were some updated file that encompasses all the requirements of 1.5 but looks and feels like the original SolarFlare template.
OK. Log into Joomla as Administrator. Under Extensions choose Module Manager. Find the Main Menu module. Click on Main Menu module to edit it.

On the right side under Module Parameters > Menu Style choose Legacy - Vertical from the drop down list. Click on Advanced Parameters. If there is anything in the Menu Class Suffix and Module Class Suffix blanks delete it.

Hopefully that will do it. I'm no expert myself!

Hammerhead
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:20 am

ttorion wrote:OK. Log into Joomla as Administrator. Under Extensions choose Module Manager. Find the Main Menu module. Click on Main Menu module to edit it...
That did the trick! Thanks so much. Now I just have to go back and adjust the text color. :D

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”