Metadata Descriptions

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Fortom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Metadata Descriptions

Post by Fortom » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:46 pm

How do I get to the homepage file with the metadata descriptions so I can edit some of them?

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Metadata Descriptions

Post by dpacadmin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:54 am

In the admin backend go to Site/Global Configuration and select the Site tab.
There is also meta setting possible on each article individually. With an article open in the backend it is on the right, last option.

Fortom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Fortom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:16 pm

<head>
<base href="http://www.tagaframe.com/" />
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="keywords" content="Framing uganda, picture framing, photo framing, painting framing, framing, uganda pictures, picture frames, frames, frames uganda, good frames, metal frames uganda, wooden frames uganda, uganda framings, art uganda, taga uganda, tagaframe uganda" />
<meta name="description" content="Tagaframe specializes in picture framing. We frame paintings, collage, posters, photographs, masks a number of 3D art, picture lamination on board and make button badges." /

This is what I need to edit. How do I locate it? I am running Joomla 2.5. Thnx. Your previous aqdvice did not work.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 pm

If you looked and found the meta fields empty in the settings then the meta could be hard coded in your template's html file, try having a look there.

Extensions/Template Manager, see which template is default then click on the Templates tab and then on your default template, now select your main page template under the "Template Master Files" heading and see if the meta tags are listed in there.

Fortom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Fortom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Thank you for your help. I was able to reach the Template Master Files but they are in .php form which I cannot edit. I am looking for the html source code so I can tweak it. Thank you very much.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”