its 2009 and im thinking of getting a YooTheme membership

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
adnet23
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

its 2009 and im thinking of getting a YooTheme membership

Post by adnet23 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:08 pm

I have used rocket theme and they are awesome. There support is quick and successful. They have even helped me with lots of general Joomla questions which is a plus.

Now I want to try yootheme but i have heard things like, they are slow with tech support, there templates are image heavy and their templates are not changing a whole lot. These comments have kept me from joining.

What are your thoughts about yootheme?
Free Software Support for the design community: tang3d[dot]com
website development news: developsis[dot]com

adnet23
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: its 2009 and im thinking of getting a YooTheme membership

Post by adnet23 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:24 am

In case anyone needs an opinion. Ive been using yootheme for about a month now and although i like their template styles, their forum support is very weak. I use to have the best discussions with the rockettheme guys about templates and joomla, but i cant seem to get basic technical help out of yootheme.

I would say, only use yootheme if you can use their templates "out-of-the-box" or if your an advanced template designer. Otherwise, beware.

i will say they have some great extensions, but some of them have conflicts with their own templates which is killing me!
Free Software Support for the design community: tang3d[dot]com
website development news: developsis[dot]com

xleo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: its 2009 and im thinking of getting a YooTheme membership

Post by xleo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 am

I have been with yootheme for a while and their support is horrible, they even say it in their TOS that they will not provide direct support. Iv been eyeing rockettheme though, wondering do they have same kind of tool set as yootheme?

Or have you tried using some yootools with a rockettheme without conflicts?

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”