JA Opal Template - images in articles problem

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Slazer654
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

JA Opal Template - images in articles problem

Post by Slazer654 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Hello. When I add an image to an article it displays incorrectly in the Front Page. It is often incorrectly resized, somehow croped or with a thick black frame around it. You can see it here on my homepage http://hklevice.eu.pn/. When I open some article in a separate window however, it shows correctly http://hklevice.eu.pn/index.php?option= ... icle&id=10.

Border is set to 0.

I also tried to correct it by this changes in CSS but it didnt help.
yellow.css (line 19)

Code: Select all

img {
background:#FFFFFF none repeat scroll 0 0;
border:1px solid #DFD5B5;
}
Thank you for help.
template.css (line 96)

Code: Select all

div.article-content img, .img-desc img {
background:#FFFFFF none repeat scroll 0 0;
border:1px solid #DDDDDD;
}

Slazer654
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JA Opal Template - images in articles problem

Post by Slazer654 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 am

Any suggestions about this issue?

Slazer654
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Slazer654 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:52 am

P.S if I remove imagejpeg(), imagepng() and imagegif() black borders are not there anymore but image is incorrectly resized into default size for the Front Page images.

Slazer654
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Slazer654 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:43 pm

It might be a PHP issue in "C:\wamp\www\joomla15\templates\ja_opal\ja_templatetools_1.5.php", might it not?

Slazer654
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Slazer654 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:33 am

I realised that when I remover JaResize function from the PHP file above then problem is solved. Can someone explain what is the purpose of this function if JA OPAL works better w/o it? Thank you.

Slazer654
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Slazer654 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Ive managed to solve all the problems Ive had with the JA Opal. Ive done it by some changes in the source code of the template (PHP and CSS).

Be sure you install the template to a server with a PHP version LESS than 5.3.0! PHP 5.3.0 is NOT supported by Joomla 1.5.14 (and full support in 1.5.15 is also questionable) and results in errors. Use Joomla 1.5.14 with PHP 5.2.x, which is recommended to use with JA Opal.

Does not install the modules and plugins you wont use for this template (built in quickstart has all JA OPAL modules installed). This is also an important security advice.

And finnaly here are the corrected source codes.
To remove black borders (frames) around incorrectly resized images (and the incorrectly reized element issue as well) replace \joomla15\templates\ja_opal\ja_templatetools_1.5.php with the file in attachment. The only change is on lines 439-441.

To arrange a FrontPage to look like JA OPAL´s use the thread http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 0#p1824280

To change the favicon of JA OPAL you need to change \joomla15\templates\ja_opal\favicon.ico with your own favicon. ICO is a special file format, you CANT USE somehow resized JPEG,GIF or PNG.After the change you HAVE TO WAIT some time (I waited one day) while it takes effect. It doesnt changes immidiately, so REFRESHING doesnt help (maybe a bug?).

There is also a problem with undefined variable in module mod_jaslideshow2. Just update the file joomla15\modules\mod_jaslideshow2\mod_jaslideshow2.php with the file in attachment. The change is on lines 85-97.

I also have a problem with the plugin Very Simple Image Gallery, but it is not a part of JA OPAL. Images resized incorrectly. To sort it out just replace joomla15\plugins\content\vsig.php with the one in attachment. Change is on line 195.

Hope this will help you to solve the problems.

Slazer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

webcousa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by webcousa » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:10 pm

:) You are awesome. I spent hours trying to get this to work right. Thanks....

rodtsu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rodtsu » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:09 am

Hi..
Thanks for the solved problem..
I still have a couple, the resized images is ok now... but when i post any article with more than 1 image.. in frontpage shows only the first one. Why?
Another problem is: The article title doesnt shows in the top... show in the right side of image..
Plz... help me..

catarinacat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by catarinacat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi...
Thanks for the files!

However I'm having an error in the mod_jaslideshow2/helper.php line 90

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied

Please help me!
thanks

pinnokio
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pinnokio » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Slazer654 wrote:Ive managed to solve all the problems Ive had with the JA Opal. Ive done it by some changes in the source code of the template (PHP and CSS).

Be sure you install the template to a server with a PHP version LESS than 5.3.0! PHP 5.3.0 is NOT supported by Joomla 1.5.14 (and full support in 1.5.15 is also questionable) and results in errors. Use Joomla 1.5.14 with PHP 5.2.x, which is recommended to use with JA Opal.

Does not install the modules and plugins you wont use for this template (built in quickstart has all JA OPAL modules installed). This is also an important security advice.

To remove black borders (frames) around incorrectly resized images (and the incorrectly reized element issue as well) replace \joomla15\templates\ja_opal\ja_templatetools_1.5.php with the file in attachment. The only change is on lines 439-441.

To arrange a FrontPage to look like JA OPAL´s use the thread http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 0#p1824280

To change the favicon of JA OPAL you need to change \joomla15\templates\ja_opal\favicon.ico with your own favicon. ICO is a special file format, you CANT USE somehow resized JPEG,GIF or PNG.After the change you HAVE TO WAIT some time (I waited one day) while it takes effect. It doesnt changes immidiately, so REFRESHING doesnt help (maybe a bug?).

There is also a problem with undefined variable in module mod_jaslideshow2. Just update the file joomla15\modules\mod_jaslideshow2\mod_jaslideshow2.php with the file in attachment. The change is on lines 85-97.

I also have a problem with the plugin Very Simple Image Gallery, but it is not a part of JA OPAL. Images resized incorrectly. To sort it out just replace joomla15\plugins\content\vsig.php with the one in attachment. Change is on line 195.

Slazer
Thx! :)

orgil007
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by orgil007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:13 pm

On a front page there's one lead artice and the image shows bigger and other 3 shows in small. But this template is not resizing one of those 3 article's image. And not only that, when it happens my left and right modules drops all the way down, and its a disaster.

If i edit the article just once at the back end it shows error says "falsefalsefalse and something or (<!--[if gte mso 10]> )" right below the title on a frontpage, and its funny if i edit the same article twice the same two error messages shows up lined back to back. So i have to clean up the codes in the article and redo everything, then it gets fixed.
And also i've set my editor plugin not to clean up the code when i save the article, would that be the cause of the error? not sure though. I found out it has a problem with image aligns, like to the left or right. If i put image not aligned anywhere it works ok, if i align it to the left it doesn't resize atleast one of those 3 articles showing on the frontpage.

Ok. I guess i've said everything i wanted now i want to hear you masters!!! (It's my 2nd joomla web by the way i'm still new)

stigi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by stigi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:11 pm

I have the same problem...

When i use your files, i get the black frame to disapear, but the image will not resize, and the layout of my homepage does not look good.

Any idea how to get the frame around some of the images to be white instead of black?

My web is: www.totalfotball.no

I would like to resize the images, but i don't want black background/frame behind the club logos..

I don't think it can be changed in template.css - i've changed all of the values there..

Any suggestions?

Wlada
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Wlada » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Slazer654 wrote:Ive managed to solve all the problems Ive had with the JA Opal. Ive done it by some changes in the source code of the template (PHP and CSS).

Slazer
Thank You !!!!
.:: dE_Fb ::.

stellayou
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by stellayou » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks a lot!

mojen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mojen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:15 am

Thank you very much!

lrrls
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lrrls » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:00 am

You are wonderful. Thank you very much!!

anilza
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by anilza » Sun May 02, 2010 5:44 am

hi good day to everyone...

slazer, i like to do some changes of the ja opal display it news with 1 leading news and 3 at the bottom of it. i dont want that. how to do it? i mean i just want it looks like 3 news at frontpage without 1 leading articles and 3 articles at the bottom of it. one row per news...

and my others questions is, how to change the image to not display at top of articles contents? when i insert the article with an images, it will display at left of the page and the top of the articles content? how can i change tis?

evyna
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by evyna » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello!
i have a big problem with this template.
If I justify an article, the rigth columns goes on the footer...

FikkieHo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by FikkieHo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Tnx, I fixed the problem with your help!

hilton09
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hilton09 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi, how can I uninstall JAresize?

Abcplumb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Abcplumb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:37 pm

wow
For the 1st time this forum has been helpful.
Thank alot.
By trade a gas engineer but by passion a graphic designer.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”