Need A Sticky Footer? HERE's HOW!

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
ampz21
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Need A Sticky Footer? HERE's HOW!

Post by ampz21 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi all, I've spent soo long trying to get my joomla footer to stick to the bottom, (previously it would just overlap my content on longer pages). Anyways here's something to try if your having similar problems :)
In the container element that contains your content_joomla (the main content area for your site), you need to place your footer inside this container but underneath you content_joomla...

Almost there; this will be great for your long pages, but in shorter pages the footer will be very close to your content and in some cases still overlap it! To FIX this, give your container element and your content_joomla element a min-height in the css... This way the footer will always be that position on shorter pages, and on longer pages it will just excede that min-height and be underneath the content still!

I just thought I'd share this as I've spent soo long trying to fix this, and the joomla community has been very helpful for my questions ;)

Ampz21

gsvavarsson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Need A Sticky Footer? HERE's HOW!

Post by gsvavarsson » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:53 am

could you post the css code for the footer? i've been having trouble with it for the last couple of weeks.

br

Gisli

ampz21
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Need A Sticky Footer? HERE's HOW!

Post by ampz21 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi,
is this a custom template you have made?
If you can give me more details about the template you are using, and if possible a page where I can see the problem I can take a look and try to fix it for you.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”