My template is now unwritable????????? Gantry

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
kcdoell
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

My template is now unwritable????????? Gantry

Post by kcdoell » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Hello:

I have Joomla 1.5.25 and recently updated my Gantry to V3.1.18. I updated the Gantry because it said it needed to be updated. Ever since then when I am trying to make a change in my template I get the following message:

The parameter file /templates/rt_kinetic_j15/params.ini is unwritable!

My host site is with GoDaddy.com. I tried to add some changes to ../administrator/components/com_templates/controller.php. Specifically I changed the:

// Try to make the params file unwriteable
if (!$ftp['enabled'] && JPath::isOwner($file) && !JPath::setPermissions($file, '0644')) {

to

// Try to make the params file unwriteable
if (!$ftp['enabled'] && JPath::isOwner($file) && !JPath::setPermissions($file, '0755')) {

but this has not worked. I still have the problem and I am not very familiar how to solve this problem. I do know that the only thing that changed was updating the Gantry version to 3.1.18.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith. ;)

kcdoell
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: My template is now unwritable????????? Gantry

Post by kcdoell » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:50 pm

I still have this issue. Is there anybody out there to help out on this issue???? I was thinking of trying to load an old Gantry version but I do not know how I could do that or remember which one I had before I had the problem. Any ideas would be great............

Thanks,

keith.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”