Cascading drop down menu how?

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Valkrider
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Cascading drop down menu how?

Post by Valkrider » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:26 pm

A friends Joomla site was recently hacked.

The person who created it for him is no longer about and so he has asked me to help get it back up and running.

I have nearly succeeded. It is using a custom template. The issue I am having is getting the menu functioning.

The call in the template in the nav area is

Code: Select all

<div id="nav">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="top_menu" style="none" />
</div>
I checked the CSS and there was no template styling for the ul and li elements in the nav bar. I have now applied some CSS and got them looking right but I am having an issue with one of the menu tabs. This tab has 6 sub pages that should be displayed on hover. At the moment these 6 pages appear as top level menu items on one on the top row and the others on a second row below. Even though they are set up in the Menu module as sub items

I am no Joomla expert and in fact this is the first time I have had anything to do with a Joomla site being more of an HTML coder. Is the jdoc call above correct? what are the available styles or is this another piece of bespoke coding? I can't find a module called top_nav anywhere should there be one somewhere (like the modules folder)? Should the style = "none" be something else? As you can see I am struggling a bit here. Any advice would be most welcome.

TIA

Colin

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”