Lock article plugin for Joomla 1.5 ???

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
WalterX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Lock article plugin for Joomla 1.5 ???

Post by WalterX » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Hello,
6 years ago i built a site for a client with Joomla 1.5 (updated to 1.5.25). The site wasn't updated since then. Now the client wants to lock some articles for public, because some content must only be available for visitors who have bought his book on the same subject. Lock article plugins i can find are only compatible with Joomla 2.5 or higher. I am sure that a similar plugin existed for 1.5 because i read about this in a thread from 2008. Does anybody know where i can find this plugin for 1.5? By the way, can it do any harm to the website if i will install the newer version of this plugin?
I am not very familiar with Joomla. I am working with Wordpress since years.
I don't want to migrate the site to 2.5.
Any suggestions? Thanks

FlashRebel

Re: Lock article plugin for Joomla 1.5 ???

Post by FlashRebel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Just question to you ... you offer service to your client and you keep website on Joomla 1.5 ? How much your client pay you for that ''job'' ?

WalterX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by WalterX » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:26 am

Well, client wanted to do the administration job himself and i instructed him then how to deal with patches. The website was 'sleeping' for a long time and there was no contact. Till now.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:09 am

Find out who the author of the plugin was and see if they have a web site with an archive of older plugins.

WalterX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by WalterX » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:33 am

Thanks for the tip. I have found the plugin already on 3w.greatjoomla.com (Core Design Lock Article plugin 1.0.0). After installing it i got the message "JFolder::folder: Path is not a folder" and a warning: "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/onzeklasmw/domains/onzeklasmijnwereld.nl/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/folderlist.php on line 47".
Unfortunately i'll leave town for 3 days and will look at that problem when i'm back on Friday.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”