yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
prince-albert
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Post by prince-albert » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi yvolk,
I'm using joomla! 1.5 CHANGELOG.php 9465 2007-11-29, I'm testing your plug-in with Wamp Version 1.7.3 and MySQL: 5.0.45 on localhost XP.
Use captcha is set  ON, Username of Guest is set to the user "guest" in the parameters yvComment and I'm using the "BigoCaptcha" latest release.
I cannot  see the image of the captcha and when i'm looking the generated source page with Web Developper 1.1.4 I can see :

The path does't look coorect, where can I find the var in code source to correct this behavior

Thanks for your help

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:41 am

prince-albert wrote: I cannot  see the image of the captcha and when i'm looking the generated source page with Web Developper 1.1.4 I can see :

The path does't look coorect, where can I find the var in code source to correct this behavior
In the file "components\com_yvcomment\views\comment\tmpl\default.php" (yvComment, v.1.10.1) we have:
'
alt='' />
Right now I don't see, what's wrong with this call to JRoute  ??? Please inform us, what solution you found!
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Anonymous "add comment" button requesting registration ???

Post by yvolk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:00 am

fulup wrote: Use lastest build and worked as described, I only miss one feature a "post comment" for anonymous user that enforce "login"

I don't want anonymous user to comment, nevertheless I would like anonymous user to see the "Add Comment" button, then when clicking on this button it would request for registration. This is a quite typical process in any forum with reading is open to anonymous, but first click on  "Reply" enforce "Login".
Hi, fulup!
I see such solution:
1. Added option "Link 'Add Comment' text to the Menu Item (if unauthorized)". This Option lets you to select the page (created just like any other page in Joomla! ...) containing all the words about registration, that you want.
As a result:
- "Add your comment" links on the blog pages would lead to that menu item
- On the Article pages the same "Add your comment" link would be added (instead of "Add Comment" form)

What do you think?
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:09 am

Devil wrote: when i´m using SEF i get 2 different URLS for one Article if the Article have an readmore!
Just last week I solved this problem for yvBBCode extension, where I added function, that converted Article ID to the URL (see Re: yvBBCode - version 1.1 released message and below...).
It's interesting, does Joomla! itself create the same link to the same article from different places (e.g. this "Read more" link and link from "Latest News" module)? I guess no, but I'll try to figure it out...

fulup
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fulup » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:28 am

yvolk wrote:
fulup wrote: anonymous comment
I see such solution:
1. Added option "Link 'Add Comment' text to the Menu Item (if unauthorized)". This Option lets you to select the page (created just like any other page in Joomla! ...) containing all the words about registration, that you want.
As a result:
- On the Article pages the same "Add your comment" link would be added (instead of "Add Comment" form)

What do you think?
yvolk ,
This would work, the only eventual limit is that after logging operation user would not return automatically on his current comment page but at least in my case this is not an issue.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:13 am

fulup wrote:
yvolk wrote:
fulup wrote: anonymous comment
I see such solution:
As a result:

What do you think?
yvolk ,
This would work, the only eventual limit is that after logging operation user would not return automatically on his current comment page but at least in my case this is not an issue.
I see... on your "Please register to add comments" page you may write something like: "If you're a registered user already, please press "Back" buttom on your Browser and Log in..."
Maybe it would be better to open that "Please register to add comments" page in the new window, so current page won't be lost?!

Halcor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Halcor » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi, I've got Joomla 1.5 rc3 and I've got an error that said:

Error! Esta version de Joomla! es demasiado vieja para la Extension yvComment.
Por favor instale por lo menos la version Joomla! 1.5 build 9213 (Joomla! 1.5 after RC3) o mas nueva.
build=9328 o mejor se recomienda.
Version Actual del core de Joomla! es "Joomla! 1.5 RC3 build 9170".

It said that my Joomla version is so old, i've 9170 and I need 9328.

Ok, ¿Where can I get 9328? Because all y download are 9170.

Thanks!

bigodines
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by bigodines » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:33 am

Halcor: you should try the nighty builds: http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/#nightly

Halcor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Halcor » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:12 pm

Thanks bigodines, and, where can i get a tutorial that explain how to upgrade.

Thanks

Mika3l
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mika3l » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:48 am

yvolk wrote:
Mika3l wrote: Hi!
When I've installed V1.10 nothing with yvcomment works. I just get blank pages both backend and frontend. I have the nightly build from the 29th of November.
What to do?
To see the cause of the error, you may see your server log (apache log...) AND php error log (turn on logging to the file...).
How to? It's on a remote server.
Sorry but I'm not particulary familiar with Apache and PHP. :)

tomfox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tomfox » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:17 am

Hi there,

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area but I have one simple question.

Does yvCommnet have the ability to hide/show comments in both the front page and content/articles?

Am currently on 1.0.x but plan to go to 1.5 as soon as it goes final. I want to implement comments and have been looking at other comment components. Most have the ability to mess up my rather specialized templates and others do not seem to have the feature above.

All you Joomla developers are the great enablers of our age!

Cheers,

T

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:29 am

Mika3l wrote:
yvolk wrote:
Mika3l wrote: Hi!
When I've installed V1.10 nothing with yvcomment works. I just get blank pages both backend and frontend. I have the nightly build from the 29th of November.
What to do?
To see the cause of the error, you may see your server log (apache log...) AND php error log (turn on logging to the file...).
I may suggest only to make local copy of your site (and database) and try to debug this local copy...

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:36 am

tomfox wrote: Does yvComment have the ability to hide/show comments in both the front page and content/articles?
1. You may hide comments from unregistered users
2. You may disable comments for the list of sections, so there will be no comments, no "add your comment" links for articles of these sections.
3. You may disable yvComment plugin to completely "hide" comments :)
tomfox wrote: I want to implement comments and have been looking at other comment components. Most have the ability to mess up my rather specialized templates and others do not seem to have the feature above.
yvComment has quite specialized CSS (yvComment. ...), so it doesn't interfere with other styles.

tomfox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tomfox » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:43 am

yvolk wrote:
tomfox wrote: Does yvComment have the ability to hide/show comments in both the front page and content/articles?
2. You may disable comments for the list of sections, so there will be no comments, no "add your comment" links for articles of these sections.
Hi there Yuri,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response. I perhaps have not made my point very well. What I meant was, in an article, can one one simply have and "add your comment" link as opposed to a whole bunch of comments and wysiwyg editor buttons. I gather from the above quote that the answer is "yes" but I do want to be sure.

thx.

T
Last edited by tomfox on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

tckirami
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tckirami » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:14 pm

I'm having an issue with yvComment that I cannot find an answer to. When I enable yvComment I get a "." inserted just above the lead article and the full article. In Konqueror rather than a period I get "".

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:17 pm

tomfox wrote:
yvolk wrote:
Hi there Yuri,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response. I perhaps have not made my point very well. What I meant was, in an article, can one one simply have and "add your comment" link as opposed to a whole bunch of comments and wysiwyg editor buttons. I gather from the above quote that the answer is "yes" but I do want to be sure.
User sees comments and the whole "Add your comment" form on "Article view" only. And these can not be "hidden" from "article view"  :(
If you want to have list of comments AND/OR form on a separate page, I have to add some additional config parameter(s)... But more flexible option for YOU would be to customise yvComment's template and decide what and where to show... I'm preparing now next version of this extension, that fully supports "template override" for plugin and component, like any core components/modules...

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:37 pm

tckirami wrote: I'm having an issue with yvComment that I cannot find an answer to. When I enable yvComment I get a "." inserted just above the lead article and the full article. In Konqueror rather than a period I get "".
It looks like this is because of BOM (byte-order mark) in the first 3 bytes of "plugins\content\yvcomment.php" file. Try to edit and delete it from that file.
The BOM is legal, but it looks like PHP... don't like it...

Mika3l
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mika3l » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:20 pm

yvolk wrote:
Mika3l wrote:
yvolk wrote: To see the cause of the error, you may see your server log (apache log...) AND php error log (turn on logging to the file...).
I may suggest only to make local copy of your site (and database) and try to debug this local copy...
Ok. PHP won't work for me (without any reason) but I will test it again and see if I get any success. If it still doesn't work I will try to update both Joomla and yvComment. Thanks for your support! :)

tckirami
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tckirami » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:46 pm

yvolk wrote:
tckirami wrote: I'm having an issue with yvComment that I cannot find an answer to. When I enable yvComment I get a "." inserted just above the lead article and the full article. In Konqueror rather than a period I get "".
It looks like this is because of BOM (byte-order mark) in the first 3 bytes of "plugins\content\yvcomment.php" file. Try to edit and delete it from that file.
Thank you, that was the problem. Probably would've worked it out on my own if those 1st 3 bytes showed up in vim which i use to edit files ;D

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:22 am

tckirami wrote:
yvolk wrote:
Thank you, that was the problem. Probably would've worked it out on my own if those 1st 3 bytes showed up in vim which i use to edit files ;D
The same for me: I'm using PHPEclipse and it doesn't show the BOM.

Mika3l
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mika3l » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Hi!
I just wanted to say that I updated Joomla! and now it works again! :)

dArt85
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dArt85 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Very nice extension.  :)

I use it in two newspaper pages. With

After i updated joomla to latest 9616. If i open comment as seperate article and press on link to article, from which it is.
It links to http://www.mypage.com/articke/ID and that not work i think i should be http://www.mypage.com/section/ID.

Is there somethin wrong wtih my setting, or some changes in joomla core.

Devil
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Devil » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:23 am

Hi Yvolk,

i have problems with yvCommet...

Okay the extension works perfect....but:

I need 2 things:

Unregistered User must enter there email and of every entry it would be great to store the IP Adress of the User to prevend Spam!

I think that is very important...not only for me...
mfg Devil

http://www.joomla-aktuell.de - Joomla-Aktuell - a German Joomla News Site

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:16 am

dArt85 wrote: After i updated joomla to latest 9616. If i open comment as seperate article and press on link to article, from which it is.
It links to http://www.mypage.com/articke/ID and that not work i think i should be http://www.mypage.com/section/ID.
Joomla! core doesn't have (at least didn't have a week ago  :) ) function to generate link to the article (see discussion SEF generates different urls)... in the upcoming release of yvComment I'll implement link to the article consistent with Joomla!'s...
Devil wrote: Unregistered User must enter there email
Ok, I'll add this.
Devil wrote: ...and of every entry it would be great to store the IP Adress of the User to prevend Spam!
I'm sure this feature have to be site-wide (to log and audit all visits/content changes...) and not inside yvComment. By the way, comments may be edited not only by yvComment, but just like any other article... recently I've read something about such extensions in forum... This is about security of the whole site.

Devil
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Devil » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:27 pm

yvolk wrote:
dArt85 wrote: After i updated joomla to latest 9616. If i open comment as seperate article and press on link to article, from which it is.
Joomla! core doesn't have (at least didn't have a week ago  :) ) function to generate link to the article (see discussion SEF generates different urls)... in the upcoming release of yvComment I'll implement link to the article consistent with Joomla!'s...
Devil wrote: Unregistered User must enter there email
Ok, I'll add this.
Hi Yvolk,

thank you!
Last edited by Devil on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfg Devil

http://www.joomla-aktuell.de - Joomla-Aktuell - a German Joomla News Site

zenpresence
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Ability to disable yvComment on Uncategorized content?

Post by zenpresence » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:29 am

Hi there! Great plug-in.

I just have one question: My homepage is a single piece of static content, with no category or section ID. Is there a way I can disable yvComment only for a particular page?

Thanks!
Justin

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Ability to disable yvComment on Uncategorized content?

Post by yvolk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:53 am

zenpresence wrote: I just have one question: My homepage is a single piece of static content, with no category or section ID. Is there a way I can disable yvComment only for a particular page?
My advice is to create 'fake' Section and category for that static page (just like for comments themselves...). Then you CAN exclude that single section (with single page in it) in the parameters of yvComment...

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: yvComment v.1.11 released

Post by yvolk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:56 am

What's new in v.1.11:

1. Added full support of "template override" for plugin and component, like for any Joomla!'s core component/module. So you may copy file 'components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php' to the directory of your template (e.g. 'templates/mytemplatename/html/com_yvcomment/comment/default.php') and customize it, as you wish. Moreover, as you may have different templates for different parts of your site, so you may have different templates for yvComment for them.
2. Added mail notification feature about new or modified comments for Admins and Publishers: 
2.1 Added option 'List of Usernames to notify of new or updated comments'. This is comma separated list of usernames (e.g.: admin, peter, mike ). Actual emails would be taken from Joomla! list of Users on the fly. Both Admins and Publishers of Joomla! have rights to edit comments, so their usernames may be in the list.
2.2 Notification is not sent, if user, who added or changed the comment, has all rights to edit comments. This is done to avoid unnecessary additional emails about the same comments.
3. Added 'Guest is required to specify email' option for those administrators, who want their guests to do so :-). Currently these emails almost are not used anywhere (default template has example of its usage...), but you may use them in the customized templates (e.g. you may show them for admins...).
4. Links to the Articles are made consistent with that of Joomla!'s core, both for SEF URLs on and off.

Edited: I'm attaching yvComment.zip file (v.1.11.0) to this message
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yvolk on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dzed
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

error when installing yvComment ......

Post by dzed » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:03 pm

error when installing yvComment ......

- yvComment  v.1.11.0,  last changed: December 16, 2007

- Joomla v1.5 build 9652, last changed:  2007-12-16

- Legacy support enabled

- my web site with
joomla 1.0.13 here : "/home2/*******/public_html/"
joomla 1.5 NB here : "/home2/*******/public_html/rencontre/"   this is my joomla 1.5 test site

- server
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP version 4.4.6
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard
Architecture i686
Operating system Linux
Shared Ip Address xx.xx.xx.xxx
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl

-  Database Collation:  utf8_general_ci

-  i have set correct directory permissions.  and also  (rencontre) my joomla 1.5 test site directory all to 777

Code: Select all

administrator/backups/ Writable 
administrator/components/ Writable 
administrator/language/ Writable 
administrator/language/en-GB/ Writable 
administrator/modules/ Writable 
administrator/templates/ Writable 
components/ Writable 
images/ Writable 
images/banners/ Writable 
images/stories/ Writable 
language/ Writable 
language/en-GB/ Writable 
language/pdf_fonts/ Writable 
modules/ Writable 
plugins/ Writable 
plugins/content/ Writable 
plugins/editors/ Writable 
plugins/editors-xtd/ Writable 
plugins/search/ Writable 
plugins/system/ Writable 
plugins/user/ Writable 
plugins/xmlrpc/ Writable 
tmp/ Writable 
templates/ Writable 
Cache Directory /home2/**********/public_html/rencontre/cache/ Writable 
Cache Directory /home2/**********/public_html/rencontre/administrator/cache/ Writable 
- my config file

<?php
class JConfig {
	var $offline = '0';
	var $editor = 'xstandard';
	var $list_limit = '20';
	var $helpurl = 'http://help.joomla.org';
	var $debug = '0';
	var $debug_lang = '0';
	var $sef = '1';
	var $sef_rewrite = '0';
	var $sef_suffix = '0';
	var $feed_limit = '10';
	var $secret = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
	var $gzip = '0';
	var $error_reporting = '-1';
	var $xmlrpc_server = '1';
	var $log_path = '/logs';
	var $tmp_path = '/tmp';
	var $offset = '1';
	var $caching = '0';
	var $cachetime = '15';
	var $cache_handler = 'file';
	var $memcache_settings = array();
	var $ftp_enable = '0';
	var $ftp_host = '127.0.0.1';
	var $ftp_port = '21';
	var $ftp_user = '';
	var $ftp_pass = '';
	var $ftp_root = '';
	var $dbtype = 'mysql';
	var $host = 'localhost';
	var $user = '************';
	var $db = '*************';
	var $dbprefix = 'jos_';
	var $mailer = 'mail';
	var $mailfrom = 'rencontre@*************.com';
	var $fromname = '******* Joomla v1.5 Demo & Test';
	var $sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
	var $smtpauth = '0';
	var $smtpuser = '';
	var $smtppass = '';
	var $smtphost = 'localhost';
	var $MetaAuthor = '1';
	var $MetaTitle = '1';
	var $lifetime = '15';
	var $session_handler = 'database';
	var $password = '***********************';
	var $sitename = '******* Joomla v1.5 Demo & Test';
	var $MetaDesc = '******* Joomla v1.5 Demo & Test';
	var $MetaKeys = '*******, Joomla, Demo, Test';
	var $offline_message = 'Ce site est en maintenance. Merci de revenir ultérieurement.';
}
?>

1 - try to install  yvComment.zip i got this error

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

2 - try to install yvCommentComponent1.11.000.zip i got this error

JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths 
Component Install: Failed to create directory: "/home2/********/public_html/rencontre/components/com_yvcomment" 

Install Component error 

3 - try to install yvCommentPlugin1.11.000.zip i got this error

JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.plg_content_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'de-DE' has not been installed or does not exist. 
JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/administrator/language/es-ES/es-ES.plg_content_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'es-ES' has not been installed or does not exist. 
JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/administrator/language/fa-IR/fa-IR.plg_content_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'fa-IR' has not been installed or does not exist. 
JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/administrator/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.plg_content_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'nl-NL' has not been installed or does not exist. 
JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/administrator/language/ru-RU/ru-RU.plg_content_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'ru-RU' has not been installed or does not exist. 
JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/administrator/language/sv-SE/sv-SE.plg_content_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'sv-SE' has not been installed or does not exist. 
JInstaller::install: The language file 'www/administrator/language/tr-TR/tr-TR.plg_content_yvcomment.ini' could not be installed because the Administrator language package for 'tr-TR' has not been installed or does not exist. 

Install Plugin Success 
Last edited by dzed on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saber Bousba - صابر بوصبع
Former Member of the Arabic [ar-DZ] Joomla Translation Team :  http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/ardz/

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: error when installing yvComment ......

Post by yvolk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:19 pm

dzed wrote: 2 - try to install yvCommentComponent1.11.000.zip i got this error

JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths 
Component Install: Failed to create directory: "/home2/********/public_html/rencontre/components/com_yvcomment" 

Install Component error 
This is the only real error. Other "errors" are "features" of Joomla! (and of cause, yvComment.zip is not what to install  :) ).
I think, I know your problem:
your provider (or you?) set wrong value for 'PHP configuration directive' called 'open_basedir'.
You may check it with ini_get('open_basedir').
Is it "/home/********" ?  ;) (I had just this problem with one free provider, so I had to patch Joomla! don't check this directive...)

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”