Mamp, Joomla 2.5 administration page after log in blank?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
piewoaci
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Mamp, Joomla 2.5 administration page after log in blank?

Post by piewoaci » Fri May 22, 2015 7:25 am

A wonderful day to you all.
So my problem is that after exporting msql and the website from our sever to mamp localhost i always find in the administrator a white page after log in.
The website runs perfectly on mamp, all links are functioning but I can't enter the administration area. I had a look at the path to the log file but I am not sure because I was trying so many different possibilities without any success.
This damn thing is really blocking me since two weeks and I was thinking I will loose hope... at least for 1minute ;)

Help would be wonderful

Best

PW

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Mamp, Joomla 2.5 administration page after log in blank

Post by dpacadmin » Fri May 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Try renaming the .htaccess file to htaccess.txt and test. Did you have any extensions installed that hid the admin section? Did you copy over a htaccess file or php.ini file with custom code for the server it was on? If you find a php.ini file in the root of your local site try removing it and test.
In the Joomla configuration.php file try setting the error var

Code: Select all

var $error_reporting = '6135';
then test, or check your server's php error log to see if the admin is recording an error.

piewoaci
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by piewoaci » Tue May 26, 2015 5:17 am

Hi sorry for late reply. I changed htaccess and added text = no change
There is no php.INI in the local host root.
Pasted the error code in configuration now the website and admin area was gone.
I have never done this before therefore I couldn't check the error logs.
Regarding your question whether I installed an plugin or similar that is hiding the control panel. Yes.
I gave a specific user group an access to one compound in the controlpanel. Basically I granted a front end user group restricted access to just one compound.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Tue May 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Are you logging in with a Super Admin account?

The code I gave was for Joomla 1.5 as this is a Joomla 1.5 forum. In Joomla 2.5 change this;

public $error_reporting = 'default';
to this;

public $error_reporting = 'maximum';
Then try logging into the admin and see if you get an error message. Post back with the error message.

piewoaci
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by piewoaci » Wed May 27, 2015 8:14 am

Hi dpacadmin thank you so much for your help. After log in into admin i received this:Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ACI-Test-2015/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 28

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ACI-Test-2015/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 29

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ACI-Test-2015/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 30

Fatal error: Class 'CRM_Core_ClassLoader' not found in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ACI-Test-2015/administrator/components/com_civicrm/civicrm.settings.php on line 351

I don't know what to do. I did update the civicrm.settings to the folder. where should i add the class?

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Wed May 27, 2015 6:00 pm

The deprecated warnings you can ignore for now, the fatal error is your problem.

You could disable the CiviCRM component in your database and your site should work. You should post or search on the CiviCRM forum to see if anyone else has had this problem running CiviCRM on Mamp and check that your Mamp server meets the requirements for the version of CiviCRM you are using.
http://forum.civicrm.org/
Requirments
http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/disp ... quirements
CiviCRM will not run on php 5.4
There is a troubleshooting guide here;
http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/disp ... leshooting

piewoaci
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by piewoaci » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:12 am

Problem solved. It was a clash of user right management with Civi. Copied the live website without the civi crm. Works well!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”