Getting "Error loading feed data" while feed has no problem.

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
faridv
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Getting "Error loading feed data" while feed has no problem.

Post by faridv » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi,
I've created a feed reader module by editing Joomla! mod_feed to make it read from 2 separate RSS feed addresses.
For months it was working like a charm but now I get pink error on my site displaying "Error loading feed data".
I know using JFactory::getXMLparser throws this error when it can't reach feed data, but feed data is ok. I checked my RSS addresses and they are working without any problems in most browsers and also Google reader.
Please Help...

neocarter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Getting "Error loading feed data" while feed has no prob

Post by neocarter » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:17 pm

I think there is a problem with googles feeds, I have several sites that run google feeds, and have done for some time, however in the last couple of hours they have all stopped with the same error you are getting. Im hoping it will all be fine again soon - if not I'll have to change to yahoo feeds!!

faridv
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Getting "Error loading feed data" while feed has no prob

Post by faridv » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:31 pm

neocarter wrote:I think there is a problem with googles feeds, I have several sites that run google feeds, and have done for some time, however in the last couple of hours they have all stopped with the same error you are getting. Im hoping it will all be fine again soon - if not I'll have to change to yahoo feeds!!
I think you misunderstood what I was saying.
I have a module that reads from RSS addresses and shows their results in my website's homepage. Problem is that I get "Error loading feed data" and module stops working while feed is OK and I have used too many RSS readers and they all work with my RSS feeds without any error.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”