problem with read more link plugin in other components

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bhabdi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

problem with read more link plugin in other components

Post by bhabdi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello everybody,
I am not new to joomla, I have been using joomla for years.
I am designing new joomla (1.5) site. I am using {readmorelink} ... {/readmorelink} tag for my read more link.
The problem is that the tag is working fine while I am using the menu and linking to a specific article (com_content)

but when I am using menu for another component such as com_tags, the {readmorelink} tag is not working. It is just showed as a text not as a link.

Example:
When I use {readmorelink} LINK {/readmorelink} and use menu to link to a Category Blog Layout article the read more link is changing to link and you can click on LINK

but when I use {readmorelink} LINK {/readmorelink} and click on article tags created by JOomla Tags, the text you see is {readmorelink} LINK {/readmorelink}. It is not changing to link any more. Only text.

It seems that the {readmorelink} tag only works in com_content not other components.

Any Idea that what I can do to make it fixed?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”