HELP - Installed Backend Token Now locked out of my Admin

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
markets6
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

HELP - Installed Backend Token Now locked out of my Admin

Post by markets6 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:08 am

Hi, I am fairly new to Joomla. I add several plugins and extensions to protect my administration page.
I have Admin Tools and Admin Exile. I installed Backend Token plugin and I could not find a way to configure the plugin, when I clicked back I got locked out of my admin page. When I try to log into the admin page, I get redirected to my front page.

I don't know if the other extensions and plugins are conflicting with the backend token.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shanegeno
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: HELP - Installed Backend Token Now locked out of my Admi

Post by shanegeno » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:39 am

Did you figure out how to get back in? If it was the AdminExile that locked you out you need to enter your URL just like so http://www.yoursite.com/administrator?adminexile
If it was AdminExile and that doesn't work (if possibly the key was changed) you have to run a db query to reset the key or stop the function all together.

I learned the hard way.

SG

gaurav_verma
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: HELP - Installed Backend Token Now locked out of my Admi

Post by gaurav_verma » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:31 am

To disable the plugin and log-in by force, I had to rename the php file of the component to anything else:

root->plugins->system->backendtoken.php. After you are able to log-in, rename the file back to backendtoken.php and then configure the component.

kingfisher64
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: HELP - Installed Backend Token Now locked out of my Admin

Post by kingfisher64 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 pm

In Joomla 3 and exile version 3.14 (although I'm sure it doesn't have to be this specific version) I changed /plugins/system/adminexile/adminexile.php to adminexile2.php temporarily to disable then login.

I'd forgotten a change I made but that temp hack works.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”