DenVideo Q&A

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Lupke
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: DenVideo Q&A

Post by Lupke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:00 am

I did not make a swf file. I'm just using a link to [youtube].

This link I'm using: http://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=iHuCD65i ... r_embedded

But...I solved the problem. It was a MooTools library conflict on my website. So I wrote another script for the application I'm using the DenVideo tool in. Now it's working, except from a slightly hesitation now and then in Internet Explorer 7+8. The video works fine in FF, Safari, Opera, Advant, Flock and Chrome.

G

OsakaWebbie
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by OsakaWebbie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:30 am

This thread is getting pretty long - perhaps it would be good to have a DenVideo forum somewhere rather than just one thread, but...

Anyway, I have a question. I have NTSC standard definition video (720x480 pixels that are not square on a TV, so the real shape is more like 720x540), and for my website samples I am telling my video software to make FLV files that are 240x180 pixels (so that the aspect ratio is correct on a computer screen). I don't have any way to testing the FLV files outside of DenVideo to verify that they are indeed being created as 180 pixels tall, but it's good software (Premiere Pro), so I would assume it's doing what I tell it to do. But when I specify those same numbers in DenVideo, the entire player height is 180 pixels and the video is only 160. I didn't actually notice the difference in size until I tried to use a 240x180 thumbnail image - when I do that, the bottom of the thumbnail covers up the control panel area and stays there even when the video is playing! See http://l4jp.com/en/products/japan-video-praise-1.html - right now the first video has a 240x160 thumbnail and the second has a 240x180 one (I will fix that soon, so look quickly). The height problem occurs in both players, although only 3k seems to recognize and use the thumbnail images at all (I like the control panel of JWPlayer better, but I need thumbnails...).

Do we need to always add 20 pixels to our height numbers to account for the control panel, or is something else going on with my site?

Edit 8/1: I have already fixed the thumbnail sizes, and changed the height of the all entries to be 20 pixels more in height than my actual video, so looking at my site won't tell you anything anymore unless you can download one of the FLV files and verify somehow that my video's sizes are what I told my software to make - 240x180 for the top two and 213x160 for the rest.
Last edited by OsakaWebbie on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Autarkhis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Autarkhis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:32 pm

I have a few questions about denvideo:

Is it possible to hide the controls from it?
Is it possible to set it to loop a local flv video on the server? So far i can only do it from [youtube], which kind of defeats the purpose of it for me ;)

I was using AllVideos reloaded, but i can't seem to make the looping work correctly with it and i stumbled across denvideo, and i'm loving the plugin.. so if anyone knows how to make it work the way i'd like.. feel free to reply!

kenmcd
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by kenmcd » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:59 am

OsakaWebbie wrote: Edit 8/1: I have already fixed the thumbnail sizes, and changed the height of the all entries to be 20 pixels more in height than my actual video, so looking at my site won't tell you anything anymore unless you can download one of the FLV files and verify somehow that my video's sizes are what I told my software to make - 240x180 for the top two and 213x160 for the rest.
FLVPlayer4Free shows the top left video is 180H x240W.

FLVPlayer4Free is a free FLV player which provides media info with a right-click.

FYI: JW Media Player also does preview images.
██ LibreTraining

OsakaWebbie
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by OsakaWebbie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:14 am

kenmcd wrote:FLVPlayer4Free shows the top left video is 180H x240W.
Thank you for checking that for me.

So are you saying that you concur that we need to add 20 pixels to the height of our video when setting the values for DenVideo? If so, that should be in the basic instructions somewhere - all I have read just says to specify the height and width of your video, but doing literally that won't come out quite right (unless one actually want one's video size shrunk vertically - I would rather create it at the size I want to ultimately show, for the most efficient use of bandwidth and the cleanest image quality).
kenmcd wrote:FYI: JW Media Player also does preview images.
Okay, can someone tell me how to use that feature? I have jpg files with the same name as the flv files in the same folder - that works for the 3k player, but not for JW.

no_kam
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by no_kam » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi
I'm trying to insert thumbnail in Denvideo player. I've seen your post in the forum.
My video file name is: telecel02.flv
I've saved a screenchot with the name telecel02.flv.jpg in the same folder
but I'm not seeing any difference in Denvideo behaviour.
Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Note that i'm using: Joomla 1.5.11 version & denvideo_v4.0b

Thank you for your help

OsakaWebbie
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by OsakaWebbie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm

If your player selection in DenVideo is the 3k Player, I can tell you that your filename should be telecel02.jpg, not telecel02.flv.jpg. If you're using the JW Player, then you're waiting along with me for someone else to tell us both how to make it work.

snsbradshaw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by snsbradshaw » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi,

I cant seem to get the plugin to launch any of my videos on my localhost. I can link to any site on the web but not locally.

I have setup the parameters so all I need to do for the url is put {denvideo videoname} but it comes back everytime saying invalid video.

I have tried converting my video to all supported types but nothing works.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Scott

OsakaWebbie
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by OsakaWebbie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Scott, are you saying that you can access the same videos if you place them in a remote location, or just that you are able to link to something totally different like [youtube]?

And while I'm writing, anyone out there willing to address my question about how to get thumbnails to work in JW Player? In particular, kenmcd said it was possible, so I'm still hoping he'll tell me the key.

snsbradshaw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by snsbradshaw » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:47 pm

I am working on my site locally at the moment.

If I put a link to [youtube] {denvideo http://www.[youtube]...... } then this works fine but if I try and load a video from the directory images/stories/ it just says "invalid video", not matter which file extension I try and load.

I just wanted to know if denvideo works locally or whether your site needs to be live??

Thanks

kathtg
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kathtg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Is denvideo capable of using rtmp streaming? I would like to use this but need streaming video inserted into the article. Is there a specific command for rtmp instead?

Thanks,

Trina

webcro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by webcro » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi.

Great script, so useful to embed flvs into content.

One small problem, though... I used to configure JW player in the module release, and there was a parameter/ setting enabling the screen logo, -I mean the thumb displayed on the player's workarea at the render's end. In fact, I checked the plugin's folder, and noticed the original JW preview.jpg is even there -that cute blondie... So, I would suggest a parameter (and probably the appropriate code addon) so that the player rests on a custom logo screen at the end.

Thanks for reading.
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****__
Oh, forgot, and maybe a volume level attribute into the plugin embed code..., some clips go wierd... :)

DJ_FLuFFy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DJ_FLuFFy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:34 am

Hi i have installed DenVideo 4.0b and i used this tag

{denvideo http://www.vsjoe.nl/site/images/stories ... 009002.flv 640 352 false }

but the movie does autostart. What did i do Wrong ???

marklandry
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by marklandry » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi,
this works, but for some reason the video has to completely load before the Quicktime logo disappears and the movie interface appears and the movie begins.
How can I change this?
It's at http://www.tantomedia.com/friendsfirst2 ... Itemid=197

hima
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hima » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:00 am

HI
When i give a remote url in {denvideo http://www.somesite.com/mysong/helloMan ... ndonsa.mp3}

it says error opening file..

How do i resolve this ?

thanks you

Hima

OsakaWebbie
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by OsakaWebbie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:45 am

Well, your link was not complete in your post, but I can see two things about it:
  1. It's not real ("somesite...") - if you are going to point to it in denVideo, then it's not a secret, so why obfuscate the link when posting to the forum? If you post the real URL to the file that won't open, someone on the forum might test it for you, but giving a fake link gives us no information.
  2. If the file extension in your example is the same as your real file, you should be aware that MP3 is not video, but an audio file type. I don't know if denVideo's player can play an audio file, but even if it can, that's probably not the easiest way to embed audio in your page.
If you are actually trying to link to a video file, please give us the real link, and any other information about your setup (like your version of Joomla, denVideo, etc., which player you have selected in the denVideo configuration, etc.), and we'll try to help you further.

SAKSEN
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SAKSEN » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:13 am

Great plug in. Thanx a lot!

How can I remove the playbar? I saw this question before, but could not find an answer :geek:

lightspring
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lightspring » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:24 am

Issue with Plugin default width and mp3 player.

I've set the default width in the plugin settings for 450 pixels, so that my videos have a standard look. It seems, however, that this gets applied to the div width for the 1pixeloutplayer as well. This is not desired behavior for my site, b/c i don't want the mp3 player to reserve that much room.

Is there a simple way to modify this to allow a different default or auto default for the mp3 player?

I'm a Joomla novice, with some programming ability but no familiarity with joomla innards.

Thanks!
aharon

nam207
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nam207 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:52 am

Great script: I have a question:

1. Is there anyway to create a sub-category, it'd be a LOT more organize with tons of media files that I have, unlimited-sub would be great.

2. My file is encrypted as www.mysite/videos/filescraper.php?serve=1 but it's actually an FLV file, and www.mysite/videos/filescraper.php?serve=2 as mp3 file. How do I make denvideo understand the extension automatically? Right now it just doesn't take because there is no extension, denvideo see it as non-valid link.

3. Minor suggestion: would be great to have ability to sort all multimedia title alphabetically, such as top menu A | B | C | ...

MaxMC
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MaxMC » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi, Is there a possibility to get a intro picture in player like on [youtube]?

408nate08
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 408nate08 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:01 pm

I've fixed the problem, so nevermind. Thank you anyway.

crossbrasil
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by crossbrasil » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:38 pm

I need to stream a live video on sunday and, I´m using DenVideo module.
Is it works with live stream? like this publish point: http://streaming.fabricahost.com.br/sports/video.asx.
Thanks

huhntanzer
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by huhntanzer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:50 pm

awesome plugin. thanks so much.

pventura
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pventura » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

Hello

This extension is very nice. But (probably I'm wrong) it is not possible to have a looping movie, except for the ones from the [youtube].

Is it correct? How can I make a movie loop forever?

Thank you

emotional_beast
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by emotional_beast » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:43 am

(sorry my english)

denvideo is great tool and easy but i have " Video not found: url" error message

i am create video in root folder then upload videos from ftp.
grant root & all subfolders fallowing permissions
- Annonymous logon, IIS_WPG, IWAM_SERVER, - Read&Execute, List Folder Contents, Read
- IUSR_SERVER, everyone - Full Control

i set joomla Admin page - Content-denVideo Properties Video Folder : video/
then create an article with
{denvideo ab01.flv 320 240 0} or {denvideo ab01.flv}
when press play seen "looging..." but nothing get any stream.

when try
joomla Admin page - Content-denVideo Properties
FLV Player : Use JWplayer
Clear Cache files
when press play seen "Video not found: http://www.domain.org/video/video01.flv"

when i try video url to ie address bar
The page cannot be found
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
i am re-check permissions but everythings seems normal

i have create demo.txt in video folder and try ie address bar
i can see text file content but try videos no download message. only "404 : file not found" error message

any idea? please help.

i am using
- Denvideo v4.0b Plugin
- joomla v1.5.6
- PHP Version 5.2.0 on IIS v6.0 (Win2003)

monaqo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by monaqo » Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 am

Hi,

I already inlcuded [youtube] videos with this denvideo plugin. It works fine :-)

But I cannot use [youtube] playlist with this plugin.
For example I wanted to include this URL
http://www.[youtube].com/view_play_list?p ... E14AD8AE60

This code isn't running with denvideo plugin.

Any idea what to do or if playlists will run or not?

exp33
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by exp33 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:16 am

I have placed a [youtube] video on my website. I cannot seem to get it to automatically start playing, Ive tried {denvideo URL true} but it still does not play.

Ive also enabled the "Default Auto Start" in the plugin parameters

Any suggestions?

Rich

Segia
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Segia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Whenever I try to insert a [youtube] video into a post, nothing happens. All I get is the {denvideo http://[youtube].com/blablabla} text, but no video. Any help would be much appreciated!

thamnopoulos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thamnopoulos » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 pm

DenVideo is blocking webpage content to be displayed on FireFox.

Hi there, is just have installed the plugin and it works fine on Internet Explorer but
on firefox somehow the plugin is preventing some Joomla modules to be loaded.

I have set the video to be displayed at the end of the FrontPage.
This are the current parameters:

{denvideo http://www.juegointimidades.com/videos/ ... idades.wmv 416}
This issue is generated with and without the AUTOSTART flag turned on.
I have Joomla 1.5.15.

Cheers,
Constantino.

stephenjames
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by stephenjames » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:03 am

When I put denvideo not run automatically, it does not work correctly. what happens: it remains stationary (correct) when I scroll down the page and displays the player when he performs alone and it will not.
Please read forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=65

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”