ACL - FREE Component Control Access

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lotfi_universal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: ACL - FREE Component Control Access

Post by lotfi_universal » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:54 pm

joomila wrote:Anyone can help me? I need people to help this project.. to organize and bug squard to check bugs on trackler, etc..

Hello joomila,

All these topics about NoixACl and downloads and you say you want more volunteers to help!!!!!

At first, when you start the project, you were always present on this forum and listens to answer any questions without exception, and you treat all requests, but now it feels like a mess ...! :(

Excuse Me but I must say: you may need a more organization and can be a forum dedicated to your development

mamasboy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mamasboy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:28 am

ewm wrote:gustav3,

The image that you shared suggests that you do not have a complete install.

The files are as follows:

Component:
1) noixacl2.0.6.zip

Modules:
1) mod_mainmenu_noix.zip

Adapters:
1) adapterAccess1.5.3.zip
2) adapterContent1.5.7-fix.zip Updated November 2009
3) adapterModulesv1.0.zip
4) adapterSections1.0.8-fix.zip (Updated November 2009)
5) menuAdapter1.5.1.zip

Updated File 10/1/2009:
1) plg_system_2.0.11.zip

The Source of the files:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixacl/frs

The Source of the Language files:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixac ... ge_id=4353

How to documentation:
http://blueflyingfish.no-ip.biz/joomla15

ewm
Hi,

I'd noticed some of the above files are missing :(

Also when I registered at the documentation site, there's an error. And I never got the activation link. How to login?? :eek:

fonny
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fonny » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 am

I've been reading all post over & over & tried lots of settings but cannot get to the final result.
What I want is access restriction on an article.
I have setup, menu, sect, cat and all as explained and works also. When a registered user logs in he will only see his menu & menu item he is allowed to see.
I then copy the url of the article, log out and log in as a user of another group, browse to the copied url and I have access and can see the article !

Can anybody help me on how can I put access restrictions at the article level ?

greetings

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:43 am

Have you read all the instructions? cleared all cache etc from your browser?

http://blueflyingfish.no-ip.biz/joomla15/

http://blueflyingfish.no-ip.biz/joomla1 ... oject1.htm

fonny
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fonny » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks dark. Must have been a caching problem. All works now.

xillibit
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xillibit » Sun May 02, 2010 11:32 am

I have an issue in Adapters installer page :

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined property: JSimpleXMLElement::$tasks in C:\wamp\www\joomla\administrator\components\com_noixacl\libraries\adapter.php on line 400
php 5.2.11
Joomla! 1.5.15
noixacl 2.0.6

I have the version 1.5.3 of adapter access, and if i enable i see all joomla! backend these errors :

Notice: Undefined property: JSimpleXMLElement::$tasks in C:\wamp\www\joomla\administrator\components\com_noixacl\libraries\adapter.php on line 400

Someone has a fix ?

FabZ
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by FabZ » Sun May 02, 2010 4:40 pm

xillibit wrote:I have an issue in Adapters installer page :

php 5.2.11
Joomla! 1.5.15
noixacl 2.0.6

I have the version 1.5.3 of adapter access, and if i enable i see all joomla! backend these errors :

Someone has a fix ?
Same issue and I found a solution on page 26 of this topic:

Try adding <tasks></tasks> :

<general application="administrator" viewname="AccessAdapterViewGeneral" title="General">
             <tasks></tasks>
         </general>  
in adapters/access/access.xml

[note] Well, I started today with noixacl and I'm very impressive on caos around this extension (which one files version to install or what plg_system_2.0.11.zip updates what) now I started testing...and I suppose I will be on these 46 unordered pages of topic for a while :laugh:
Regards :D

[edit] Sorry my mistake, I edited post ;)
Last edited by FabZ on Sun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Sun May 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Maybe you can start a new forum where you sort all this out?

FabZ
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by FabZ » Sun May 02, 2010 7:31 pm

darb wrote:Maybe you can start a new forum where you sort all this out?
Or maybe it should be considered to point support questions on noixacl to
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixac ... d_id=14418

I think a lot of precious support from developer and most experienced joomlars is simply sacrified here on this topic.

Kind Regards :D

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Mon May 03, 2010 8:29 am

This dev have been around long time here before very frequently so that's why it looks like this. This is a free version of an ACL solution dont forget that! its not an commercial extension or company selling it.

The dev is very supportive before but people coming here and ask the same question again again etc and dont read the links or info about how to set this up , which versions to use etc.

Some dont even know how Joomla works from the beginning and ask questions that should be of basic knowledge of Joomla in the first place

So its not easy I can agree for all but my advice is to start over again but first really read the whole manual first with the menus to the left. If you have problem urgent I would send an email to the developer and ask and pay him for support.

FabZ
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by FabZ » Mon May 03, 2010 2:32 pm

darb wrote:This dev have been around long time here before very frequently so that's why it looks like this. This is a free version of an ACL solution dont forget that! its not an commercial extension or company selling it.

The dev is very supportive before but people coming here and ask the same question again again etc and dont read the links or info about how to set this up , which versions to use etc.

Some dont even know how Joomla works from the beginning and ask questions that should be of basic knowledge of Joomla in the first place

So its not easy I can agree for all but my advice is to start over again but first really read the whole manual first with the menus to the left. If you have problem urgent I would send an email to the developer and ask and pay him for support.
Hi darb,
I believe noixacl (as any complete acl extension) is not for novices cause of you have to understand the basis of "how joomla works" before modify that.
At current time anything seems to work fine with noixacl (I'm testing offline before update).
It was like a puzzle, at the end any piece finds its position and you see the picture.
My first comment it was not a "thumbs down", but, maybe, you have to agree if I say that noixacl has 4 star "only" on JED because it pays its wild presentation to the users, starting from download page where you have tons of files with ambiguous names and same upload dates, where you install adapterContent1.5.7-fixed.zip (why not adapterContent1.5.8.zip?) and you discover a 1.5.4 version in admin panel, where you see "new version of content adapters" link to nothing, when you receive a joomla notice it was solved long time ago (but not updated) and at the end, googling, I surf to this topic, filled of important support answers but "spreaded" on 46 pages....
My first thought looking at joomlacode download page it was "this project is abandoned".
What do I have to say? It's a shame, noixacl value seems to be greater and probably it is.
I make no business from internet and my joomla site it's a volunteers site (me too) we promote dog and cat adoption.
Anyway I just have to thanks you and joomila for this extension and your support ;)

tlepage
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tlepage » Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 am

I'd like to use noixACL to give registered users access to add entries in one particular module in the backend. Is this possible? I've been going through the tutorials, but there is so much information that I'm getting a bit overwhelmed and I'm not sure where to find the information I need to do this.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!!

Scottux
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scottux » Tue May 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Hello

Excuse me for my bad english. I'm french.

I'm testing noixACL and everything work fine. Congratulations to joomila for this fantastic component. ;)

I've a little problem with a translation message in a window.

When I started using noixACL, with a block menu, I had this french message :

The french message has disappeared. I now have this message in english :

How can I get this message again in French ???

Thank you for your help.

I use Joomla 1.5.17 with noixACL 2.0.6 with these packages :

- adapterAccess1.5.3
- adapterContent1.5.7
- adapterModulesv1.0
- adapterSection1.0.8-fixed
- menuAdapter1.5.1
- mod_mainmenu_noix
- plg_system_2.0.11
And the french translation : fr-FR.com_noixacl2.0Beta
I looked at the web site "Blue Flying Fish", but I have not found the solution.

Scottux
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scottux » Thu May 27, 2010 10:28 am

Here is the solution to translate the english message "You dont have permission to access".

==> Go to repertory /mywebsite_scottux/plugins/system/

==> Edit the file noixacl.php

==> Search the code

$mainframe->redirect($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], JText::_('You dont have permission to access'));
==> Replace the code above by

$mainframe->redirect($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], JText::_('Accès non-autorisé à cette ressource'));
The new message is now correctly translated : ;D

rhyrok
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rhyrok » Mon May 31, 2010 12:52 am

Can Somebody please help me? I was having a issue with noixacl, Administrator was with all access, but at backend was always appearing "You Dont have permission to acess this area"...Then, I deleted the Moderator group to uninstall noixacl, BUT, my super administrator was INSIDE moderador, so I lost my Super Administrator group!!!!!!!! And I cant use administrator, since its bugged...

How can I restore the normal access? Need to change some files? Please help me guys!

aminrod
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by aminrod » Mon May 31, 2010 6:09 pm

rhyrok wrote:Can Somebody please help me? I was having a issue with noixacl, Administrator was with all access, but at backend was always appearing "You Dont have permission to acess this area"...Then, I deleted the Moderator group to uninstall noixacl, BUT, my super administrator was INSIDE moderador, so I lost my Super Administrator group!!!!!!!! And I cant use administrator, since its bugged...

How can I restore the normal access? Need to change some files? Please help me guys!
???
http://www.teachmejoomla.net/joomla-mam ... sword.html

aminrod
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

has anyone worked with ACL & JCAL PRO

Post by aminrod » Mon May 31, 2010 6:23 pm

How you doing guys, i am having a bit of a problem with permissions i hope you could turn me in the right direction. i have 6 departments with their own calendars and only the heads of those departments can see only their calendar... good so far, i am the super administrator i have assign myself all acces to every group and still cant see the calendars of those department... resuming what i need to have is a user that sees every calendar independently of calendars owner. i hope you understand my problem. thanks in advance man. ill wait here :pop

rhyrok
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rhyrok » Mon May 31, 2010 7:38 pm

aminrod wrote:
rhyrok wrote:Can Somebody please help me? I was having a issue with noixacl, Administrator was with all access, but at backend was always appearing "You Dont have permission to acess this area"...Then, I deleted the Moderator group to uninstall noixacl, BUT, my super administrator was INSIDE moderador, so I lost my Super Administrator group!!!!!!!! And I cant use administrator, since its bugged...

???
http://www.teachmejoomla.net/joomla-mam ... sword.html
You didnt understand, I deleted the SUPER ADMINISTRATOR G-R-O-U-P not account! I already have a super administrator account, but now is useless, because this fuc*** module deleted the group!

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi Guys,

New Adapter Access released 1.5.4

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixac ... e_id=10213
overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

Scottux
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scottux » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Thank you very much Joomila. ;)

I'll try.

Scottux
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scottux » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:30 am

Hello joomila

Adapter Access 1.5.4 works fine but what are the differences between 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 ? ;)

corrado444
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by corrado444 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 am

Maybe I am blind, crazy or just tired, but I have been reading over and over the instructions , especially what files to get.

Over and over the files mentioned are:

Component:
1) noixacl2.0.6.zip
Modules:
1) mod_mainmenu_noix.zip
Adapters:
1) adapterAccess1.5.3.zip
2) adapterContent1.5.7.zip adapterContent1.5.5.zip
AdapterContent1.5.5.zip
adapterContent1.5.5.zip is used instead to allow users to add and edit their own articles.
3) adapterModulesv1.0.zip
4) menuAdapter1.5.1.zip

But I can't find the download for noixacl2.0.6.zip anywhere. I looked all over and I clicked on hundreds of links by now. They all go to the same Joomlacode page here:

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixacl/frs/

where the only components available are:

com_noixacl2.0.5beta.zip
com_noixacl2.0.4beta.zip

There is no trace of the newer version.
What's the story?
I wanted to do a podcast on the new Joomla 1.6 and the noix system. I tried the noix system a long time ago and at the time I couldn't make it work but I figured that by now you'd have ironed out the problems.
I know you guys are a very nice bunch and we had some correspondence back and forth but unfortunately making a podcast is already a big job, I need to be able not only to do it quickly and reliably but make sure my viewers can also access the files and install it the same way I do.

My only guess is that either that release was taken down or I am going to the wrong page, but I am pretty sure I am in the right place.

Can you please explain what's going on?

Also, if I ever get it going, maybe instead of a side by side comparison I can do a skype/Gotomeeting interview with you guys and you can show everyone how it works.

Just because Joomla 1.6 is coming out doesn't mean your system has to die. You could improve on 1.6 or you may be able to support those that are not going to update their site but still want to have acl going.

Anyway, good luck to you all and hopefully you'll read this soon.
Watch the 10 Minute Joomla! Tips Video Podcast
Itunes: [url]itpc://10minutejoomlatips.blip.tv/rss/itunes[/url]
Feedburner http://feeds.feedburner.com/10MinutesJoomlaTips

aminrod
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by aminrod » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:14 pm

how you doing corrado444,
follow this...

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 2#p2175782

don't forget to thank ewm 8)

Sumanta1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Sumanta1 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 am

i have added a group say "newgroup" whose parent is public front end.

when when i going to create a level say "anylevel" then the group which i added(anygroup) shows disable(i mean the check box).so i can not able to assign a new level to a new group.

do you say what is the problem?what i am doing woong.

* actually i wish suppose there is four menu items.home,about us,portfolio,contact us.

i wash on group can see all,other can only home,another home and about us.

Sumanta1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Sumanta1 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 am

joomila wrote:
grisoni77 wrote:OK! Sorry for misunderstanding ;) It's working perfectly!

Suggestion = A useful parameter to add to the plugin would be the page url to redirect user when visiting restricted contents
I will implement this functionality in version 2.0 comming soon..

i am facing a problem please solve it.

when when i going to create a level say "anylevel" then the group which i added(anygroup) shows disable(i mean the check box).so i can not able to assign a new level to a new group.

* actually i wish suppose there is four menu items.home,about us,portfolio,contact us.

ewm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ewm » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Installing NOIX ACL to control user access to menus(modules) and content by groups.

The steps in brief.

1.) Install the NOIX ACL files
->a) noixacl2.0.6.zip
->b) mod_mainmenu_noix.zip
->c) menuAdpater1.5.1.zip
->d) adapterModulesv1.0.zip
->e) adapterAccess1.5.4.zip
->f) adapterContent1.5.7-fixed.zip
->g) adapterSection1.0.8-fixed.zip

2.) Setup Groups using NOIX ACL
3.) Setup Users using Joomla Users
4.) Setup Sections
5.) Setup Categories
6.) Setup Articles
7.) Setup Menus
8.) Setup Menu Items to Articles
9.) Setup Modules (menu_noix) for each Menu Group as registered
10.) Configure Modules for the Groups using NOIX ACL blocking appropriate access.
11.) Enable NOIX ACL adapters
12.) Test front end user access for each user making sure appropriate modules are viewable.
13.) Configure Content Categories settings to registered.
14.) Configure NOIX ACL Groups Content granting access to appropriate Sections/Categories
15.) Test Front End Access (expect to get 403 error message if user is not authorized to access content.
16.) In addition, I have included an "error.php" file as an alternative to the standard 403 error file that is currently displayed on your web site. The "error.php" file should be placed in the templates/your_template/ folder.

The following zip file contains all of the files.
noixacl_unzipfirst.zip
For more instructions visit www.blueflyingfish.com/noixacl.

ewm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

khalilnjm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by khalilnjm » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:41 pm

No doubt a grate extension. But i am facing a problem as i am using a real estate component.

This extension sets permission on the whole component on the user to access on Frontend or Backend. but I want to set permission on the contents of that component that which user can access which feature on backend e.g. (picture, video, map etc)

Please suggest a solution.

Looking Forward,
Syed Khalil Anjum.

ewm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ewm » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:40 pm

khalilnjm,

Interesting challenge.

Let me wrap up my chat with another NOIX ACL user and I'll get back to you.

1) Please send me a note at [email protected].

2) Have you visited http://www.blueflyingfish.com/noixacl ?

3)
noixacl_unzipfirst.zip
Wayne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aminrod
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by aminrod » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:38 am

khalilnjm wrote:No doubt a grate extension. But i am facing a problem as i am using a real estate component.

This extension sets permission on the whole component on the user to access on Frontend or Backend. but I want to set permission on the contents of that component that which user can access which feature on backend e.g. (picture, video, map etc)

Please suggest a solution.

Looking Forward,
Syed Khalil Anjum.
would you detail the tree of permissions... ???

ewm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ewm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 am

Syed Khalil Anjum.

Just a quick thought.

Are you using K2?

NOIX ACL plays well with K2.

With K2 you can embed picture, video, map etc) with an item(article,content).

ewm

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”