ACL - FREE Component Control Access

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: ACL - FREE Component Control Access

Post by joomila » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 am

sans_india85 wrote:Thanks for a great extension!

When I click a Menu Item which is not accessible.It should display a message box "Access not granted" rather than displaying an error page.How to do it?
When you menu items have access level Registered or Special my component block access.
Access your backend area.
Access noixACL component -> manage groups
Select group with do you grant permissions
Select menu Adapter
Select menu area(main menu, topmenu, etc)
Select itens with you want access to user.
overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:38 am

Today i check if possible make a adapter to control modules to display for group and is it.
:D I will planing and make this adpater.
overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

jnodwell
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jnodwell » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:03 am

This component still has some erratic behavior. When i go to manage users, and put my user into a Joomla group first (like Registered) and assign it to a noix group in multigroup, when I save, it loses the noix group.

I need to be able to assign a user to a joomla group and a noix group.

Also, something isn't right with permissions - even if I put my user in the Author group, he can't access a content submit form that noix says he has permission to view. I tried hacking com_content and com_user, but couldn't find a place to over ride the core authorization checking.

Any ideas? Thanks.
http://nodwell.net
http://cjeweb.com
Custom Web Development & Joomla! Templates

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 pm

jnodwell wrote:This component still has some erratic behavior. When i go to manage users, and put my user into a Joomla group first (like Registered) and assign it to a noix group in multigroup, when I save, it loses the noix group.

I need to be able to assign a user to a joomla group and a noix group.

Also, something isn't right with permissions - even if I put my user in the Author group, he can't access a content submit form that noix says he has permission to view. I tried hacking com_content and com_user, but couldn't find a place to over ride the core authorization checking.

Any ideas? Thanks.
I thinks now is ok. :)
the noixACL plugins in your site is disabled. I enable and works.
Check it.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Today i start a development to Adapter to control modules in frontend. Soon you can bock modules for groups.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jnodwell
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jnodwell » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:47 pm

joomila wrote:
Check it.
Thank you!

The new adapter you're working on, will it allow to add Access as well as to Block? That would be perfect then.

I sent you an email to your @gmail - thanks again.
http://nodwell.net
http://cjeweb.com
Custom Web Development & Joomla! Templates

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:06 pm

jnodwell wrote:
joomila wrote:
Check it.
Thank you!

The new adapter you're working on, will it allow to add Access as well as to Block? That would be perfect then.

I sent you an email to your @gmail - thanks again.
The new adpater only block to display module by group.

Finn123
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Finn123 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:36 am

Hi joomila,

I have installed NoixACL on one of our sites and started to test it. So far I don't have it working 100%.

NoixACL is what many of the people in the Joomla Community have been waiting for in long time. I as several others don't understand why it not have been a integrated part of Joomla in much earlier versions of Joomla as it is a crusial functionality when you operate a site with demand different levels of group access.

I have been reading the NoixAcl forum and from some of the posts it seems too that several Adapters already have been released but I can't find such adapters at the JoomalCode project for NoixACL. AEC have been mention several times in this Forum. Is the adapter already released for AEC? If other adapters is ready or nearly it would be good to know. What I am asking for is a short status.

Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks
Finn

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:33 am

Finn123 wrote:Hi joomila,

I have installed NoixACL on one of our sites and started to test it. So far I don't have it working 100%.

NoixACL is what many of the people in the Joomla Community have been waiting for in long time. I as several others don't understand why it not have been a integrated part of Joomla in much earlier versions of Joomla as it is a crusial functionality when you operate a site with demand different levels of group access.

I have been reading the NoixAcl forum and from some of the posts it seems too that several Adapters already have been released but I can't find such adapters at the JoomalCode project for NoixACL. AEC have been mention several times in this Forum. Is the adapter already released for AEC? If other adapters is ready or nearly it would be good to know. What I am asking for is a short status.

Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks
Finn
Now im working in new version noixACL 2.0.4 with new adapters, and functionalites for developer a adapter. I develop a "adapter" to block acces to modules by group. Maybe the user ServiceFly can help you.

Finn123
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Finn123 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:59 am

Hi joomila,

Thank you for your follow-up. Can you please be a little more specific about the new ver 2.0.4. Will it include an AEC adapter? What other new adapters will it include?

Cheers
Finn

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:14 am

Finn123 wrote:Hi joomila,

Thank you for your follow-up. Can you please be a little more specific about the new ver 2.0.4. Will it include an AEC adapter? What other new adapters will it include?

Cheers
Finn
No i will include a adapter to control modules(block access) by group
I will planing a big features in nexts versions after 2.0.4 maybe. >]

IggyFlames
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by IggyFlames » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi, Joomila!
First, I'd like to send you a big kiss to develop noixACL. I'm fresh new to Joomla, downloaded my first time only a week ago, and was stoned to discover there is no way to control group access what's a "must need" for me since I'm a teacher. But then comes noixACL and made my day. Thanks a lot.

I saw there's a big demand to menu control - I mean, if access to some content is blocked, it shouldn't show in menu options. I solve this problem with Metamod - just made a new menu and put some filter in metamod and voilá! Works like a charm and there's no need to touch original files. I thought this could help someone else :-[

Cheers,

Iggy

yerg
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by yerg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:30 am

Brilliant bit of work and even though there is no manual etc its so intuitive.

My site has 2 templates (public / registered) and a main menu for each that is unique.

I can get the registered menu to function but not the public one .
I can't get any public content to appear either.

Any ideas?
We cannot become what we need to be ... by remaining what we are

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:46 pm

yerg wrote:Brilliant bit of work and even though there is no manual etc its so intuitive.

My site has 2 templates (public / registered) and a main menu for each that is unique.

I can get the registered menu to function but not the public one .
I can't get any public content to appear either.

Any ideas?
Thanks Yerg,

my component only block access to content in frontend. If you can send a screenshot to i check your problem.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:08 pm

If you like the component, please give us your feed back and make a review at http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 010/review
Its important for us and its important so more people will use this component.

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:56 pm

joomila wrote:If you like the component, please give us your feed back and make a review at http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 010/review
True I will try this within a week and give a review! Have you checked to use it with AEC now new site http://www.valanx.org

yerg
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by yerg » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:39 am

joomila wrote: If you can send a screenshot to i check your problem.
After a lot of switching back and forward I now have things working

My public items needed to be in a section/category that was for public only

That may help people as it made my life so easy.

Brilliant bit of work ... most impressed. :pop
We cannot become what we need to be ... by remaining what we are

TheAnt
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by TheAnt » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi
thanks a lot for this component.

I wish to use it only for backend control, I just want to know if it is possible to get this with it:

I have 50 authors. Everyone must can edit his own category of articles in backend.
So:
user1 can create, modify, and control articles only in category 1
user2 can create, modify, and control articles only in category 2
user3 can create, modify, and control articles only in category 3

The most important thing is that all articles must be public in frontend., available and readeble for all the guests too.

I see that I can set permissions only for not public sections/categories, or not?

best regards

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:43 am

TheAnt wrote:Hi

I wish to use it only for backend control, I just want to know if it is possible to get this with it:

I have 50 authors. Everyone must can edit his own category of articles in backend.
So:

The most important thing is that all articles must be public in frontend., available and readeble for all the guests too.

I see that I can set permissions only for not public sections/categories, or not?

best regards
I will change adapter content in BACKEND area to can set permisions. I not think when i make in this problem. Thanks to your sugestion :)

yellowaj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yellowaj » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:34 am

joomila wrote:Today i start a development to Adapter to control modules in frontend. Soon you can bock modules for groups.
When can we get our hands on this adapter? I have been looking around for this kind of extension forever. Thanks for making such an awesome (and free) extension!

alfito
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by alfito » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:25 pm

joomila wrote:
TheAnt wrote:Hi

So:

best regards
I will change adapter content in BACKEND area to can set permisions. I not think when i make in this problem. Thanks to your sugestion :)
Hi. Definetly would be very usefull to set editing permissions to public content, and... it would be possible to make this modification on the FRONTEND adapter content also? This way, users (editors publishers) that usually edit content from the frontend could be controlled. That would rock!

The most wanted extension! Greatjob

yellowaj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yellowaj » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:01 pm

I was wondering how can I make it so that when a new user is registering they can select between the two groups I have created in the ACL component? Right now it looks like only the admin can assign groups in the backend.
Thanks

Finn123
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Finn123 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:34 am

I was wondering how can I make it so that when a new user is registering they can select between the two groups I have created in the ACL component? Right now it looks like only the admin can assign groups in the backend.
Thanks
yellowaj - you made a very good point! - That is why it is so important to get a NoixACL adapter for AEC than we have a winner which many would start to use right away and the reviews would start to count up in big numbers for NoixACL.

If I was able to developer the adapter I would do so but I am not. But if we donated all of us who find this AEC adapter very important than maybe some one in this forum or joomila would take on the task now and get us all going.

I am prepare to donate and ask you other guys to jump in too if we have a go on the development of the adapter for AEC. ???

Cheers,
Finn

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:04 am

yellowaj wrote:
joomila wrote:Today i start a development to Adapter to control modules in frontend. Soon you can bock modules for groups.
When can we get our hands on this adapter? I have been looking around for this kind of extension forever. Thanks for making such an awesome (and free) extension!
I will post soon a new version of noixACL component and news adapters.

- Adapter to control block modules in frontend
- Adapter to AEC i need know what features we need implement
- Adapter to control access backend to components by group *i will try but i not shure if this is gonna work corretly couse if i developer this i need a list of components do this feature.
i thinks the component version stable is goona out soon couse i think if get any erros is in "adapter" not in component noixACL i will check this.

:)

thanks to all people using noixACL and send sugestions. I need more reviews in extensions to more people use this component help comunity of noixACL and Joomla!
If you like the component, please give us your feed back and make a review at http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 010/review

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 am

yellowaj wrote:I was wondering how can I make it so that when a new user is registering they can select between the two groups I have created in the ACL component? Right now it looks like only the admin can assign groups in the backend.
Thanks
I think this solution is make a form to registre users in noixACL i think this is a frontend component.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:20 am

Please all people add new features and request in tracker form noixACL project to i organizate and take priorites to develop and help community. I think in march i can write a documentation to noixACL.

link to tracker is: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixac ... er_id=8219

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:28 am

Finn123 wrote:
Thanks
yellowaj - you made a very good point! - That is why it is so important to get a NoixACL adapter for AEC than we have a winner which many would start to use right away and the reviews would start to count up in big numbers for NoixACL.

If I was able to developer the adapter I would do so but I am not. But if we donated all of us who find this AEC adapter very important than maybe some one in this forum or joomila would take on the task now and get us all going.

I am prepare to donate and ask you other guys to jump in too if we have a go on the development of the adapter for AEC. ???

Cheers,
Finn
Hi,

I not know a AEC anyone can explain to me how works, etc. and list what functionality we need implement in adapter to noixACL..

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Hi this is nice!

Well start by reg to the site at http://www.valanx.org with a free membership.

There is a thread started there already but just one post so maybe you can fill in with something there.

https://valanx.org/index.php?f=8&t=1330 ... om_jfusion

This is thread from Jfusion
http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/forums ... n&start=20

For you interested the latest code is here AEC v. 0.12.6RC2o

Create a account first and you can dl.

Install quick guide instructions from Jake.

Please note the following:

Essentially following the manual is NOT following the manual. I have so many emails coming from people telling me AEC is not working and that they essentially following the AEC-Guide that comes with the installation package.

For AEC to Work properly you must exactly follow the AEC-Guide. In the guide it tells you if you are using Joomla 1.5.X that there are 4 plug-ins you must install.

- aecaccess_plugin_0_4.zip
After installing this one you MUST DISABLE Joomla Authentication plug-in and enable the AEC Authentication (access) plugin. It must be the only authentication (access) type plugin enabled. If you do not follow this procedure, people WILL be able to login without paying.

- aecerror_plugin_0_1.zip
- aecrouting_plugin_0_1.zip

For the above two plugins note, they must come after the LEGACY Plugin. This means look for the system plugins, if the Legacy plugin is order #5 for example in the system plugins, make the above AEC plugins #6 and #7. Then enable these two plugins

- aecuser_plugin_0_3.zip

Enable this plugin. There can be more than one type of User plugin enabled.

Go to Components--> AEC --> AEC Central then click on Settings
- Click on the Authentication Tab
- Make sure Active-Authentication Plugins has Joomla highlighted
- Highlight Joomla again for Active Authorization Plugins
- Click on Save

Then go to the Hacks page and Apply the menu hack (if needed) and any others that show for 3rd party components.

If you are running 1.0.x then you only have a mambot to install and publish other than the component itself. As for the hacks you have a couple of system ones you must apply.

In the AEC Settings, Require subscriptions should be set to YES, Integrate Registration should be set to YES, if you want people to have a valid subscription in order to login.

Now having said this, also please note that if you are not running version 1.5.8 of Joomla for the 1.5 series or 1.0.15 of Joomla for the 1.0 series, you SHOULD UPGRADE. When we develop this component we do so under a premise and theory that people upgrade their core systems to keep them up to date and bug free.

As for CB, yes we recommend that you also upgrade this to version 1.2 RC4. We realize that their upgrade process can be cumbersome, but it SHOULD be done.
Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:17 am

Today i post a new version of noixACL 2.0.4Beta with fixes and new adapter to control(block) modules with access level Registered or Special. I think this is a pre-stable version.

[note] update your component and plugins

[requeriments] PHP5, Joomla 1.5.9

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:21 am

darb,

when i click in download of component the link is broken. =/ you can send me by email?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”