ACL - FREE Component Control Access

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ashamann01
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: ACL - FREE Component Control Access

Post by ashamann01 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:17 am

Hello,
When I am installing the component I get the following error:

Warning: copy(/public_html/site/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/adapter.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /public_html/site/administrator/components/com_noixacl/install.noixacl.php on line 24 ERRORCOPYLIB

In addition I seem to have the following situation (which may or may not be caused by the error above, I am not sure)...

I have the following Groups:
Group 1 (Parent: Registered)
Group 2 (Parent: Registered)
Group 3 (Parent: Registered)

The following users:
User 1 (Group: Group 1)
User 2 (Group: Group 2)
User 3 (Group: Group 3)

The following Article Section:
Users

The following Article Category:
Users 1
Users 2
Users 3

The following Menu:
User Menu 1 -> contains a link to an article within Section Users, Category Users 1

In the NOIXACL administrative component I have set the Users 1 Category to be accessible only by User 1. However when I log in as User 2 or User 3 I can both see and access the article noted above. Am I doing something wrong?

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:59 am

ashamann01 wrote:Hello,
When I am installing the component I get the following error:

Warning: copy(/public_html/site/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/adapter.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /public_html/site/administrator/components/com_noixacl/install.noixacl.php on line 24 ERRORCOPYLIB

In addition I seem to have the following situation (which may or may not be caused by the error above, I am not sure)...

I have the following Groups:
Group 1 (Parent: Registered)
Group 2 (Parent: Registered)
Group 3 (Parent: Registered)

The following users:
User 1 (Group: Group 1)
User 2 (Group: Group 2)
User 3 (Group: Group 3)

The following Article Section:
Users

The following Article Category:
Users 1
Users 2
Users 3

The following Menu:
User Menu 1 -> contains a link to an article within Section Users, Category Users 1

In the NOIXACL administrative component I have set the Users 1 Category to be accessible only by User 1. However when I log in as User 2 or User 3 I can both see and access the article noted above. Am I doing something wrong?
Do you install noixACL plugins? The error to copy no affect this.
After check plugin do you check this:
1 - Check if your categories have a access level "registered" or "special"
2 - Check if rule is checked in group
overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

ashamann01
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ashamann01 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:32 pm

First off, thanks for the quick response!

Secondly, I have installed the plugins, I have tried both before and after installing the component however either way returns the same error (both times the plugin installation shows "Installation was a success").

Thrid, All Categories are set to the "Registered" level and only the group I wanted has "access" checked within manage users on noixacl. I also verified that the other users have "none" for that category within the noixacl manage users.

I am using Joomla! 1.5.9 if that makes any difference.... Please let me know if there is any other information you need as I would am extremely excited for this to work.

Thanks!

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 pm

ashamann01 wrote:First off, thanks for the quick response!

Secondly, I have installed the plugins, I have tried both before and after installing the component however either way returns the same error (both times the plugin installation shows "Installation was a success").

Thrid, All Categories are set to the "Registered" level and only the group I wanted has "access" checked within manage users on noixacl. I also verified that the other users have "none" for that category within the noixacl manage users.

I am using Joomla! 1.5.9 if that makes any difference.... Please let me know if there is any other information you need as I would am extremely excited for this to work.

Thanks!
I will make a tutorial..
overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

z-196-be
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by z-196-be » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Hey, just wanted to drop a note that I'm very excited by this component and all of it's features as well... Definately something Joomla! severely missed untill this point!

Thanks for all the efforts joomila and the people at noix!

jnodwell
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jnodwell » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:49 pm

joomila wrote:
If you want hide item menu do you have implement this functionality in your menu module using a $user->authorize() function to check permission to this menu item. My component block when you trying access this item and dont have a permission.
How does one add a $user->authorize() function to the mod_mainmenu/helper.php when there appears to be no corresponding $auth->addACL() function in any of this component's .php files? Assuming I had a user group called "Special Authors" and its parent group is type Author, what parameters do i pass into $user->authorize() to check for permission in Special Authors group inside my menu code?
http://nodwell.net
http://cjeweb.com
Custom Web Development & Joomla! Templates

BaidareW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BaidareW » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Someone promised new version this week and there is not much left of that week, so we are waiting :)

tekknokrat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tekknokrat » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Someone promised new version this week and there is not much left of that week, so we are waiting
If you're really serious with this ask joomila if he can need some help. I would help with packaging because thats where I can offer some help. But i think theres a wide range of testing or other useful things to be done ;-)

ServiceFly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ServiceFly » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:18 pm

I have been tracking your progress and even installed NoixACL into one of my commercial websites. I am running 1.5.8 and it works very well. Took me some time and testing to figure out details to get it to work for my needs but I am extremely impressed!

Right now I am working to figure out just how to make it work with AEC. It seems very compatible so far, but I have run into a few issues. When I work them out I will try to get them posted.

Great Extension, keep listening like you are and it will become a necessity in 1.6 if the ACL doesn't come through.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Today i post a new version of component noixACL 2.0.3, plugins system and users. In this version has include a new version of adapter menu(fixing frontend control access).

:)

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:35 pm

If you like the component, please give us your feed back and make a review at http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 010/review
Its important for us and its important so more people will use this component.

ServiceFly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ServiceFly » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Equally impressive is your quick responses and turn around. :) I will post a review as soon as I get it to work the way I need. Can I upgrade to your new version without uninstalling the older version? I don't want to lose my current settings.

ServiceFly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ServiceFly » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Update: Answered my own question... Just uninstalled the older version and installed the 2.0.3 Beta version and it was smooth. All my settings stayed in place.

Note: For menus created for groups other than registered, but with registered as parent, you must change the menu module to "special" to restrict access to just registered users. My example:

I have 3 groups -
1. Registered users for Free.
2. Premium users for subscription amount.
3. Students for tuition costs.

I created a Premium group with Registered as parent.
I then created Student group with Registered as parent.
FYI, both groups are all Front-end access, no backend access.

I created a menu called Premium Options to be seen only by Premium members and Students. After creating the menu, I went to it's module and changed the access level to "Special" instead of "Registered" and it worked like a charm!

NoixACL also seems to work well with AEC which is a godsend. After a bit more testing I will post a review and in the near future maybe a more detailed example of my setup because I know many here want a good solution to work with AEC.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:12 am

Very soon i will make a new adapter to list modules and you can control what modules your group can see.

;)

Scuzzy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Scuzzy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:23 am

Your a lifesaver Sir. Looking forward for future updates and releases as well ;)

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:36 am

ServiceFly wrote:Update:....
I created a menu called Premium Options to be seen only by Premium members and Students. After creating the menu, I went to it's module and changed the access level to "Special" instead of "Registered" and it worked like a charm!

NoixACL also seems to work well with AEC which is a godsend. After a bit more testing I will post a review and in the near future maybe a more detailed example of my setup because I know many here want a good solution to work with AEC.

Great!!! Hope to hear how it works with AEC too! I would like to set this up with HP 1.0 and MT 2.0.9 :pop

ServiceFly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ServiceFly » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:52 am

About AEC -

I am currently working on a problem I have which could make AEC partially wasted. Here is my setup:

Joomla! 1.5.8 + phpBB3 + JFusion + Community Builder + AEC

Jfusion is probably the cause of the problem because it requires a default user registration for each user to be pushed over to phpBB3. I'm almost sure the problem lies with JFusion. AEC is working perfect with NoixACL so far. Each plan seems to be registering new users to the correct custom user groups. I have yet to still test Community Builder and find a fix to the JFusion problem.

Once I am finished I will be posting a review referencing my setup. So far Noix works great!

BaidareW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BaidareW » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:27 am

I still don't know how to make such thing: all pages in frontpage are accessible for all, but I want to make some restrictions only in backend. Now I can't find such option because I can make restrictions only if menu or section is marked for registered or special, but in this case guest are unable to watch content on frontpage as they need to be in some group. Hope some one can help.

cdeguzman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cdeguzman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:24 am

I've got an internal CMS i'm developing, and this ACL seems like it'd be a great solution, however, when I go to install the Content adapter, I get this error:

ERRORNOTFINDJOOMLAXMLSETUPFILE

Any help?

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:42 am

cdeguzman wrote:I've got an internal CMS i'm developing, and this ACL seems like it'd be a great solution, however, when I go to install the Content adapter, I get this error:

Any help?
I will check content adapter.

[note] When you install componente the content/menu adapter is last released.

cdeguzman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cdeguzman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 am

joomila wrote:
cdeguzman wrote:I've got an internal CMS i'm developing, and this ACL seems like it'd be a great solution, however, when I go to install the Content adapter, I get this error:

Any help?
I will check content adapter.

[note] When you install componente the content/menu adapter is last released.
I'm using the newest version of the content adapter.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:04 am

I fix error in user plugin noixACL(when you try delete a user) please download a new release: http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... oixacl.zip

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:01 am

I fix error in plugin system i will post in few minutes.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:11 am

I post a fix in both plugins System and Users of noixACL. Please download new versions.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:18 am

Any help?
I fix the install xml :)

andcom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by andcom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:35 am

This component sounds great, and exactly what I'm looking for. But I don't seem to be able to get it to work. I don't know if I've missed the point or I haven't got it set up correctly.

I would like to have two levels of registered users, and give access to more articles for the second group.

I have a clean install of Joomla 1.5.9 with just noixACL 2.0.3 installed. The latest plugins are also installed and enabled.
To test I created 3 categories: cat1 set to public, cat2 to registered and cat3 to special.
In each I have 3 articles; art1 - public, art2 - registered, art3 - special.

From the back end, setting up looks straight forward.... setting up and assigning to groups, allowing access to articles in registered or special categories. But when I look at the front end my settings appear to have no effect. If the users group's parent is Public Front-end or Registered, I have the same access as Registered, no matter what is selected through the component. If Author or above, I have Special access (without edit).

Have I missed the point? Or have I not set something up correctly?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

BaidareW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BaidareW » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:02 am

It seems that author should create "how to" in examples :)

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:51 pm

andcom wrote:This component sounds great, and exactly what I'm looking for. But I don't seem to be able to get it to work. I don't know if I've missed the point or I haven't got it set up correctly.

I would like to have two levels of registered users, and give access to more articles for the second group.

I have a clean install of Joomla 1.5.9 with just noixACL 2.0.3 installed. The latest plugins are also installed and enabled.
To test I created 3 categories: cat1 set to public, cat2 to registered and cat3 to special.
In each I have 3 articles; art1 - public, art2 - registered, art3 - special.

From the back end, setting up looks straight forward.... setting up and assigning to groups, allowing access to articles in registered or special categories. But when I look at the front end my settings appear to have no effect. If the users group's parent is Public Front-end or Registered, I have the same access as Registered, no matter what is selected through the component. If Author or above, I have Special access (without edit).

Have I missed the point? Or have I not set something up correctly?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.
In joomla you have

Default Access Levels

Public
Item with ‘Public’ access level parameter will be accessible by all users include guests.

Registered
Item with ‘Registered’ access level parameter will be accessible only by all registered users.

Special
Any user created as Author, Editor, Publisher, Manager, Administrator or Super Administrator is
considered a Special User. Item with ‘Special’ access level parameter will be accessible only by
these Special users.

When you create a new group the access level default is "registered". My component not control output in joomla only block access. For example if you want in blogcategory or blogsection list more items with group access to category or sections define in noixACL do you have implement this feature in com_content. I thinks the best solution for your problem is in module main menu(i will make this module soon) have integrated with noixACL check before display a item if your group have access to see. This way in your groups you can check diferent itens to see in menu. You make a menu to diferent items to show list of content to groups.

I thinks this is a best solutions for this problem.
Last edited by joomila on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Features in next version of noixACL 2.0.4
- I will implement access level control to you can add a access level to a group and create new access level BUT in jooma 1.5 any components like content, menu if i created a new access level not list in you administration area. I remember thats work for category and sections and i think com_users too.( i will check this )
- new adapter to control modules(i will check if tis is possible without hacks, i think yes is possible)

sans_india85
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sans_india85 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Thanks for a great extension!

When I click a Menu Item which is not accessible.It should display a message box "Access not granted" rather than displaying an error page.How to do it?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”