ACL - FREE Component Control Access

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: ACL - FREE Component Control Access

Post by joomila » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:21 am

Today i post a new version of noixACL 2.0.4Beta with fixes and new adapter to control(block) modules with access level Registered or Special. I think this is a pre-stable version.

[note] update your component and plugins

[requeriments] PHP5, Joomla 1.5.9
overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 am

joomila wrote:darb,

when i click in download of component the link is broken. =/ you can send me by email?
Check your pm box here...could not send attach AEC when its to big 2.1 mb...

rgds

yellowaj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yellowaj » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:13 am

Excellent work with the module adapter, works great for me! Thank you so much for the awesome extension. Now all we need is a good front-end registration page option so that users can select between user groups when registering.
I will be sure to leave excellent feedback on the joomla extension site-because I have been more than pleased with this high quality product. Thanks for all you do!

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:03 am

yellowaj wrote:..Now all we need is a good front-end registration page option so that users can select between user groups when registering...
Very good idea. If this also could work with AEC subscription componen (Jfusion) than its really a big step forward for all Joomla users.

Best rgds! ps hope you got my pm..

colenot2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by colenot2 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks for the great component! It looks great, but having trouble making it work.

I have downloaded the latest beta version, 2.0.4.

I have created 3 groups

-blue
-red
-green

I have created 3 users and chose their respective usergroups

-blueuser (blue usergroup)
-reduser (red usergroup)
-greenuser (green usergroup)

I have created 3 articles (blue, red, green), 3 Sections (blue, red, green) and 3 categories call (blue, red, green)

How do I get the RED USER to ONLY see the RED ARTICLE? (same for blue user and same for green user?)

I want each one to only see their own link to their own section/category/article.

I do not want red user to see blue or green link.

I have been trying for a week to make this work with your other versions. How can I make this happen?

What are the step by step instructions? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Please help! Thanks!

ahmedmigoo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ahmedmigoo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 am

colenot2 wrote:Thanks for the great component! It looks great, but having trouble making it work.

I have created 3 groups

-blue
-red
-green

-reduser (red usergroup)

I have created 3 articles (blue, red, green), 3 Sections (blue, red, green) and 3 categories call (blue, red, green)

How do I get the RED USER to ONLY see the RED ARTICLE? (same for blue user and same for green user?)

I want each one to only see their own link to their own section/category/article.

I have been trying for a week to make this work with your other versions. How can I make this happen?

Please help! Thanks!
Please help Us! Thanks!

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 pm

ahmedmigoo wrote:
colenot2 wrote:Thanks for the great component! It looks great, but having trouble making it work.

I have created 3 groups

-blue
-red
-green

-reduser (red usergroup)

Please help! Thanks!
Please help Us! Thanks!
My component no control with you see, only control access to block itens. In topic Questoins about noixACL http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=369537 you can see a hack to mainmenu module do display only itens with your group can be see. this way you can make a list with only this lists. I try other solutions is make a plugin to not display content if group not can see but i get a blank space. This is because i need a event in content beforeDisplayItens this no have. Only if hack this component and i dont like make hacks in any components of joomla!
overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

colenot2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by colenot2 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 am

Are you talking about Jfusion?

sop64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sop64 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Hi all
I need access control and I was wondering if this is the right module for my need.

I am setting up a website with 10-15 "publisher", that login from the frontend and write and publish new articles directly.
Currently they need to select the section they want to publish the article into, but they can choose all sections, moreover they can edit all sites articles.

I need to confine their publishing capability to their assinged section (or category) only.
All articles will be public and accessible to everyone visiting the website, only creating and editing need to be confined. This are some sort of regional news.

Is this the right module for this ?

Thanks Paolo

yellowaj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yellowaj » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:42 am

I am having some problems in the back-end with noix. When I try to delete a user it says this:
Fatal error: Call to a member function setRedirect() on a non-object in /home/printing/public_html/plugins/user/noixacl.php on line 102
It wont allow me to delete members from any of the user sections: joomla user, noix user or cb user.
Not sure what to do.
Thanks

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:39 am

yellowaj wrote:I am having some problems in the back-end with noix. When I try to delete a user it says this:
Fatal error: Call to a member function setRedirect() on a non-object in /home/printing/public_html/plugins/user/noixacl.php on line 102
It wont allow me to delete members from any of the user sections: joomla user, noix user or cb user.
Not sure what to do.
Thanks
immediately corrected!! :) Thanks!

You can download in: http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... oixacl.zip

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:43 am

sop64 wrote:Hi all
I need access control and I was wondering if this is the right module for my need.

I am setting up a website with 10-15 "publisher", that login from the frontend and write and publish new articles directly.
Currently they need to select the section they want to publish the article into, but they can choose all sections, moreover they can edit all sites articles.

I need to confine their publishing capability to their assinged section (or category) only.
All articles will be public and accessible to everyone visiting the website, only creating and editing need to be confined. This are some sort of regional news.

Is this the right module for this ?

Thanks Paolo
I no have test this in frontend, but if you try and have no results. Make a new post to me and i will check how to implement this feature in content adapter.

jeejeestudio
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jeejeestudio » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:47 am

Hi, made a dutch translation for your component.

Attached it to this topic.

Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sop64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sop64 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:06 am

Hi

I installed the extension and was not able the get the level of control I desired, so as you asked here is the feedback, let me know if you need more info and thanks for availability

A) What I am doing now
I am using the "article submission layout" in the menu' item -> internal link -> article to give access to the author to the article submission form.
The authors can see this menu menu' only after they login from the front page.

Currently I am giving them only the front-end author status and I publish the article.
Each author is responsible for a section: to make it simpel imagine news from town A, town B , etc.

What I would like to do is to give them the publisher level from front end registration (no backend) so they can manage directly all their articles , but to limit them to only their section (TownA) a nice optional would be to be able to extend control to subcategory of a section.
All this articles will be public and can be read by unregistered user, If I need to limit access I will ask theuser to login and use menu' restrictions

B) What I have tested
So what happens now with the module:
1) I creat a group in the frontend with the name of the town: let's say TownA, with parent publisher
2) For TownA I am giving the group access to section TownA only and tick all change marks on the backend tab (the front end is not editable)
3) Assign the selected Author to TownA
4) Then when the Author logins from frontend and calls the article submission form, I get the access denied message in all cases I managed to test
I would like to get the article submission form with only TownA in the section dropdown menu under the edit area and eventually only the categories authorized to the users (categories would be a nice to have at this point.)

I hope I was clear enough with the test I did, let me know if you need something else.
And once more thanks for availability

Paolo

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:08 am

jeejeestudio wrote:Hi, made a dutch translation for your component.

Regards.
Thanks, i will post in joomlacode.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:12 am

jeejeestudio wrote:Hi, made a dutch translation for your component.

Regards.
If you like the component, please give us your feed back and make a review at http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 010/review
Its important for us and its important so more people will use this component.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:19 am

sop64 wrote:Hi

I installed the extension and was not able the get the level of control I desired, so as you asked here is the feedback, let me know if you need more info and thanks for availability

A) What I am doing now
I am using the "article submission layout" in the menu' item -> internal link -> article to give access to the author to the article submission form.

Currently I am giving them only the front-end author status and I publish the article.
Each author is responsible for a section: to make it simpel imagine news from town A, town B , etc.

What I would like to do is to give them the publisher level from front end registration (no backend) so they can manage directly all their articles , but to limit them to only their section (TownA) a nice optional would be to be able to extend control to subcategory of a section.
All this articles will be public and can be read by unregistered user, If I need to limit access I will ask theuser to login and use menu' restrictions

B) What I have tested
1) I creat a group in the frontend with the name of the town: let's say TownA, with parent publisher
2) For TownA I am giving the group access to section TownA only and tick all change marks on the backend tab (the front end is not editable)
4) Then when the Author logins from frontend and calls the article submission form, I get the access denied message in all cases I managed to test
I would like to get the article submission form with only TownA in the section dropdown menu under the edit area and eventually only the categories authorized to the users (categories would be a nice to have at this point.)

I hope I was clear enough with the test I did, let me know if you need something else.

Paolo
resume of your problem: You need limit sections/categories by group in content submission in frontend, is it? or any more?

sop64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sop64 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 am

joomila wrote:

A) What I am doing now

B) What I have tested

Paolo
resume of your problem: You need limit sections/categories by group in content submission in frontend, is it? or any more?
Yes, you sinthetized it very well , thanks! ;)

Let me just add that this should be applicable to the 3 levels of Joomla frontend users: author, editor , publisher.

Thanks Paolo

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:34 am

sop64 wrote:
joomila wrote:

A) What I am doing now

B) What I have tested

Paolo

Let me just add that this should be applicable to the 3 levels of Joomla frontend users: author, editor , publisher.

Thanks Paolo
ok, i will check this soon as posible.

yellowaj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yellowaj » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:46 pm

joomila wrote:
yellowaj wrote:I am having some problems in the back-end with noix. When I try to delete a user it says this:
Not sure what to do.
Thanks

Thank you! Joomila-you never cease to amaze!

yellowaj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yellowaj » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:50 pm

yellowaj wrote:
joomila wrote:
Not sure what to do.
Thanks

Shoot! I just re-installed the plugin but I am still having problems deleting users:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined method JAdministrator::setRedirect() in /home/printing/public_html/plugins/user/noixacl.php on line 103"
Thanks

sop64
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sop64 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:09 pm

joomila wrote:
sop64 wrote:
joomila wrote:

Thanks Paolo
ok, i will check this soon as posible.
Thank you very much for looking into it! Paolo

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:47 pm

Not sure what to do.
Thanks

Shoot! I just re-installed the plugin but I am still having problems deleting users:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined method JAdministrator::setRedirect() in /home/printing/public_html/plugins/user/noixacl.php on line 103"
Thanks

i think now is ok, check new plugin.

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:30 am

yellowaj wrote:Excellent work with the module adapter, works great for me! Thank you so much for the awesome extension. Now all we need is a good front-end registration page option so that users can select between user groups when registering.
I will be sure to leave excellent feedback on the joomla extension site-because I have been more than pleased with this high quality product. Thanks for all you do!
Hi yellowaj, do you have any problem when delete users?

yellowaj
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by yellowaj » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:18 pm

joomila wrote:
yellowaj wrote:Excellent work with the module adapter, works great for me! Thank you so much for the awesome extension. Now all we need is a good front-end registration page option so that users can select between user groups when registering.
Yes it is working now. Thank you so much for all the work that you do. Of all the extensions I have used you provide the best support I have yet to see-even better than paid subscription. Thanks for all that you do!

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:12 pm

yellowaj wrote:
joomila wrote:
Yes it is working now. Thank you so much for all the work that you do. Of all the extensions I have used you provide the best support I have yet to see-even better than paid subscription. Thanks for all that you do!
thanks! Soon i will make a tutorial and planing new adapters to noixACL :)
And i need planing others components too.

flycub
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by flycub » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:49 am

(apologies I posted this message somewhere else in the forums, I thought it would be best located here)

Hello everyone,

First some background info : I've been using Joomla for just 2 month for personnal use, so I'm a bit of a beginner. The learning curve has been steep but now I feel comfortable.
I just installed noixACL yesterday and at first I was pulling my hair --- until I figured out the installation.
Now, I think it's working how it's supposed to, and I'm pretty happy with it. It still have some questions though.

Before I get into the questions, here's a tip for beginners like me : you need to install 3 packages !
(at first I just installed the component and not the plugins).
To do that, you go in your Joomla admin and choose : Extensions => Install/Uninstall
1. Browse to your local drive to pick up the file : com_noixacl2.0.4beta.zip, and click Upload/Install
2. Do the same thing for the plugins : plg_user_noixacl.zip and plg_system_noixACL.zip

Then go to your Extensions Manager page and activate the plugins.

Now here are the questions :

1. I still have my original admin account, usertype = "Super Adminstrator". I would think that with such a powerfull usertype I would keep by default all my access rights to the front end, but I don't... It seems that noixACL requires me to manually re-enter my access rights for all my menus and articles in the front-end. Does it seem right ??

2. Ever since I installed noixACL, I have to login twice in the front end. On first login, I get a message that my session has expired, and I need to login a second time. Weird.

3. If menus are set to "access none" to a specific group, shouldn't the menu become invisible to this group ?

4. When I delete a user I get a fatal error :

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function setRedirect() on a non-object in /mnt/local/home/me/mysite.com/plugins/user/noixacl.php on line 101
Thanks again to the developpers for a cool extension !

Cheers.

plastikbier
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by plastikbier » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi,

when trying to install the adapters I get the following error:

Another adapter is already using directory: "/homepages/40/d78518945/htdocs/administrator/components/com_noixacl/adapters/menu"
When I activate the NoixACL-Plugins I get this Error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/40/d78518945/htdocs/administrator/components/com_noixacl/libraries/adapter.php on line 28

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/40/d78518945/htdocs/administrator/components/com_noixacl/libraries/adapter.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/40/d78518945/htdocs/administrator/components/com_noixacl/libraries/adapter.php on line 28
The list of installed Adapters is empty. What am I doing wrong?

plastikbier

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 am

plastikbier wrote:Hi,

when trying to install the adapters I get the following error:

Another adapter is already using directory: "/homepages/40/d78518945/htdocs/administrator/components/com_noixacl/adapters/menu"
When I activate the NoixACL-Plugins I get this Error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/40/d78518945/htdocs/administrator/components/com_noixacl/libraries/adapter.php on line 51

The list of installed Adapters is empty. What am I doing wrong?

plastikbier
I think you already have installed this adapter before and not succeeded to uninstalled it.

So try to go to plugins in your admin phpMyAdmin SQL db and remove it.

plastikbier
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by plastikbier » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:00 am

I never had an installation of NoixACL on this system.
Also when I uninstall all NoixACL components and pugins, I have no more NoixACL-entry in my database!
Why does it tell me, another adapter would be using the directory?

When I call the adapter-page the list is empty and there is a foreach-error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/40/d78518945/htdocs/administrator/components/com_noixacl/views/adapters/view.html.php on line 52
plastikbier

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”