ACL - FREE Component Control Access

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
neo4evr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problem after deleting a user and then re-registration

Post by neo4evr » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:18 am

Hello,

Recently i noticed a problem.

One user was already a member of my website, but I deleted him from backend. Now when i am creating the user (with same email,username and password) from backend, it is getting created.

When the user tries to create his account from the frontend, with the same username and password as his previous account it shows that Username already exists. However, after clicking on register, he is getting registered.

The user was deleted from the backend, then why is it showing USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS? And after registering how is he getting registered even after showing that message?

I have Latest version of alphaRegistration installed.

I am also using NoixACL.

Please help.

wwwTHOMASBAUERcc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: ACL - FREE Component Control Access

Post by wwwTHOMASBAUERcc » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:17 am

i have following problem. after creating a Group when the user want to create an article, there is no upload-function. but when i give the user to the group "Autor" there is an upload-function.
I want the upload-function also bye the new group...
can anybody help me?

aminrod
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Problem after deleting a user and then re-registration

Post by aminrod » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:31 pm

neo4evr wrote:Hello,

One user was already a member of my website, but I deleted him from backend. Now when i am creating the user (with same email,username and password) from backend, it is getting created.

When the user tries to create his account from the frontend, with the same username and password as his previous account it shows that Username already exists. However, after clicking on register, he is getting registered.

The user was deleted from the backend, then why is it showing USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS? And after registering how is he getting registered even after showing that message?

I am also using NoixACL.

Please help.
neo4evr, how you doing man, your problem is very common in NOIX ACL, the thing is that those users are still there in your database as ghost if you have access to phpMyadmin go to your database and look for jos_user, click on it and youll see a list of users look for the one and delete it... thats it. why is this happeneing... have no idea man... well i know but i dont know haw it happens. hope it helps.

ewm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ewm » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:51 pm

aminrod,

jos_user is a native Joomla table it is not a NOIX ACL table.

Please see what happens on a test web site that does not have NOIX ACL installed.

ewm

aminrod
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by aminrod » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:40 pm

ewm,
that's what i am saying, that i don't know how it happens, it just happened randomly a couple of times and that was the way i solve it, i can not replicate this problem at will.
I am not in anyway putting down or badmouthing this app, i try new things everyday with this application to do...still not mastered it yet but im working on it.

visitsliven
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by visitsliven » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi guys,

Can somebody help out with this issue:

I installed the component from here http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixac ... se_id=9395 the first one but i receive an error when i want to install the plugin (2nd one) !?

Basically, i want to set my joomla in a way that 1 user can change only 1 specific article and nothing else. Can somebody help out with that? Please

wwwTHOMASBAUERcc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wwwTHOMASBAUERcc » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:46 am

wwwTHOMASBAUERcc wrote:i have following problem. after creating a Group when the user want to create an article, there is no upload-function. but when i give the user to the group "Autor" there is an upload-function.
I want the upload-function also bye the new group...
can anybody help me?
can nobody help me?

neo4evr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Problem after deleting a user and then re-registration

Post by neo4evr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:45 pm

aminrod wrote:
neo4evr wrote:Hello,

I am also using NoixACL.

Please help.
neo4evr, how you doing man, your problem is very common in NOIX ACL, the thing is that those users are still there in your database as ghost if you have access to phpMyadmin go to your database and look for jos_user, click on it and youll see a list of users look for the one and delete it... thats it. why is this happeneing... have no idea man... well i know but i dont know haw it happens. hope it helps.
On a site that doesnt have noix ACL, I am not getting any notification at all. This notification is only coming when NoixACL is installed. And it says email already exists. but even after that, the user is able to create an account.

Can u tell me how to disable these notifications? Then it will be okay i guess. The notification is important but whats the use if that gives wrong info.

rwoody
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rwoody » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:11 pm

sharbron wrote:
sjhinz wrote:
sharbron wrote:No worries, glad to help since i too am in the same boat!!

As for the super admin restriction Joomila (not joomla) is, i think, going to sort this out with a update plugin?!?! 8)

I sure hope so. Ive just spent the past hour trying to see why I can no longer manage the menus. All I keep seeing is "You dont have permission to access" and I cant figure out why!

Is "Joomila" on this board and looking at these threads? If so, I sure could use his help. I am assuming that he is the person that created this program.
Follow this;

Access Control>Manage Groups> select Super Administrator

In the adapter selection select 'access' and then click on the gerneral tab, make sure all boxes are ticked.

Then select 'menu' from the adapters backend tab should show all the menus select on each and select permisions box and all should select then apply the settings.

Again you will need to do the same for the 'content' adapter on backend go trough the sections and add the required permissions.

If you are getting no permissions when trying to change something logged in backend as super admin i have found that if you open say an article set the changes and then save it you dont get an error, sometimes clicking apply causes the no permissions.

Anyway hope the above will ease you headaches :pop
I am having major issues getting the Super Admin permissions set up. It's as if there are limits set somewhere. I have a site that I have installed noixacl 2.06 w/all the latest adapters, but it seems the content adapter (1.57) is just not working correctly; however I've tried the other two, 1.55 and 1.57fixed - with similar issues. I have a relatively large group of sections/content cats to set permissions on. I get down the list so far and it will no longer save the permission. I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times I'm dizzy. Once I reinstall, saving starts working again. I start again setting permissions, then I will get to a certain point and instead of "applying the changes" or "saving" (I've tried both ways) it flips directly to the control panel and saves nothing. I go back in, try again... same thing happens. I really need to have this fixed by tomorrow and at this point that seems impossible - can someone give me a clue to what the issue might be? As I said it's almost as if the Super Admin can only be given permission on a certain number of items and then it will no longer save.

Please someone help me out with this.

rwoody
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rwoody » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:59 pm

I still need a long term fix for this. I went into the db and did an update providing Super Administrator access to all sections and content... what a pain in the keester, but it's worked. Why doesn't the S.Admin have all rights on everything?

I'm concerned as I go here as I have eventlist and two other components that I have to setup for access. This is going to take a ton of time if I have to update all the rules in the db.

Please advise what code is preventing saving... and why does it allow me to do it for a few items and then quit?

Dan_Leach
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Dan_Leach » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Help confusion on what files to install now this is what I get when i try to access my front page

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/2/d206487734/htdocs/cms/plugins/system/noixacl.php on line 22

antaraflo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by antaraflo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi! I´ve installed the component and find it amazing, it was just what i neeeded... but I´m having a problem...
When trying to edit an article, logged as SuperAdmin, i get the message "You don´t have permission to access...."
Can somebody please help me?
SuperAdmin has access granted to do everything... but i´m still getting this error.
Thanks!!!!

rwoody
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rwoody » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:53 pm

antaraflo wrote:Hi! I´ve installed the component and find it amazing, it was just what i neeeded... but I´m having a problem...
When trying to edit an article, logged as SuperAdmin, i get the message "You don´t have permission to access...."
Can somebody please help me?
SuperAdmin has access granted to do everything... but i´m still getting this error.
Thanks!!!!
There are major issues in regards to superadmin access. You have to give individual permission to all areas for superadmin in each of the adapters. Problem I have had is that we have a lot of sections/categories and after a certain point, I can no longer save the added permissions. I was forced to go directly to the db and add the permissions. Hopefully you won't run into that. I've also noticed that even though the superadmin has access to all components, modules etc. if you are modifying one of the menus and change your mind and try to cancel out of that particular menu manager, you can't. You suddenly receive the "No access" warning. The only way out is to clear the browser back to yoursite.com/administrator to get back to the control panel.

I wish someone would give me a clue as how to fix this.

jamin123
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jamin123 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi There,

I am making a website for an interior designer any of you can help it will be greatest help and will appreciate a lot for it.

So here is the requirement which i am looking for.

1. Site is having components installed like Kuenena Forum, Virtue Mart etc.
2. Now there will be User that will be called as Normal User that can come to the website and do all the activities like can chat, can start go to Forum and do anything. Now this will all be handle using normal login user type.But Now say he goes to virtuemart that is installed to the site and buys any product that he will get a special role that will be called as Client. and more complex thing just after buying he will automatically get upgraded to a new user groups that not only have access to virtuemart account but also to a special area that is Client Area.You can say if someone has not done shopping in the virtuemart then he can't get the login access to the Client Area.If he try to go directly there he will be asked to go to Virtue Mart and Buy something.
4. Now Client Area will be just a space where the user can see what is his account information ( that he added on virtue mart ) and then what are order he has made, he can do the the survey ( JEXT is installed there), He will have an area to upload the picture( Joom Gallery ) and this will be accessible to that user only who has bought something in Virtuemart.

I think the main question here will be how we can upgrare a user rights like what he can do on the website on the basis of some event ( like buying anything on website) can it be done using JUGA,AMBRA,NOXIACL or AEC.

Please help :(

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I´m back, and I write a k2 adapter to control backend with K2, just for Items. But soon we can implement more features.
overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 pm

overrideMVC - Override Components and Modules for Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ting/15611

Scottux
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scottux » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Thank you Joomila. ;)

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Access 1.5.4 with fixes

- Restriction to access NoixACL
- Block com_menus

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Scottux
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scottux » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:20 pm

joomila wrote:Access 1.5.4 with fixes
Adapter_Access 1.5.4 or 1.5.5 ?

I think it's 1.5.5, no ? :laugh:

joomila
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by joomila » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 am

Scottux wrote:
joomila wrote:Access 1.5.4 with fixes
Adapter_Access 1.5.4 or 1.5.5 ?

I think it's 1.5.5, no ? :laugh:
Yes, 1.5.5 ;)

mark_up
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mark_up » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 am

Hi guys,

I am giving this extension a test run tonight, and just thought you might like some feedback on something that confused me greatly.

Allow me to illustrate with a screenshot. All the extensions on that page are listed as being released on the same day. Why release all these versions, and why are they not consistently named? Is noixacl2.0.6.zip a component, a package of all the extensions, or some documentation? What is the difference between plg_system_2.0.11.zip and plg_system_noixACL.zip ?

If someone could help unravel the mystery for me, I would appreciate it.

Better yet, delete every package that isn't the latest release.

Thanks for NoixACL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://twitter.com/mark_up.
Opinions expressed are mine alone and don't necessarily represent the views of any organisation I am associated with.

Techbot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Techbot » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi Joomila,

you might be able to help me here.

I have installed Noixacl , the standard adapters and k2 adapter successfully on a windows server.

But on ubuntu when I try to install the k2 adapter I got "Cannot find adaptors/K2/k2.xml"

I changed the folder from k2 to K2 and the error changed to "Cannot read k2.xml".

So I copied my installation and mysql data from the windows machine over to ubuntu and still got the "Cannot read k2.xml" error.

Is there anything I might be missing, as far as I can tell all the permissions are set correctly.

thanks
Rob
Last edited by Techbot on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fudgonaut
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

K2

Post by fudgonaut » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:18 pm

After installing I just encountered the same error messages as Techbot

kin128
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

adapter_k2_1.0 error

Post by kin128 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Same error after installing adapter_k2_1.0 com_noixacl/adapters/K2/k2.xml not exists. :(

fudgonaut
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by fudgonaut » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm

The noix package I installed has Adapter_Access 1.5.4. Do changes in 1.5.5 fix the K2 issue? Has anyone figured out a way around the xml error?

frank huang
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by frank huang » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:16 am

Anybody knows how to make it works for K2 ?
I download "adapter_k2_1.0.zip" and install for K2, but not successful, access control not work, what's the version of K2 for this adapter ? My k2 version is K2 v2.3 , if i need to download a new version adapter ???

Techbot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Techbot » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Meanwhile.......

If a user is assigned primarily to a group (ie not a multigroup) and the group is deleted, then the user(s) is deleted also.
The users is not removed from jos_users or jos_core_acl_aro (which means you can't re-add without deleting these entries).

Omnium_Gatherum
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Omnium_Gatherum » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Although NoixACL i really good I'm having some serious problems.
I'm the Super Administrator and I have menu adapter in NoixACL. I've assigned all the permissions for all the menus for both Sup.Adm and Adm. groups and when I try to add new menu item after I fill the form and try to save it I get redirected to article editor with "You don´t have permission to access" information above it. I've disabled menus adapter for a moment and added the menu item without any problem. I don't care about disabling adapter before adding item but the users who should be allowed to modify the menus are not allowed to any component besides com_content so they can't disable the appropriate adapter.
Any idea what might be the cause?

Techbot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Techbot » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Omnium_Gatherum,

I think what you are describing is normal and mentioned in the instructions. you are advised to turn off adapters while making changes to menus or content.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”