JFTP::login: Unable to login

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
perfettogino
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

JFTP::login: Unable to login

Post by perfettogino » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:17 am

Hi

I gave permission 777. But still I become the message with (JFTP::login: Unable to login
JFTP::store: Unable to use passive mode
Warning! Failed to move file.
) When I try to upload and install a package.

Please help somebody

Thanks
Gino

ooffick
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: JFTP::login: Unable to login

Post by ooffick » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:50 pm

In Global Configuration you have enabled the FTP layer, however, the FTP user details are not correct. Please supply the correct user details, or disable the FTP Layer.

Olaf
Olaf Offick - Global Moderator
learnskills.org

karimlo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by karimlo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:27 am

same thing here.

* JFTP::login: Unable to login
* JFTP::write: Unable to use passive mode

I am sure the FTP info is correct and my configuration is chmod 777. but still have the same issue

karimlo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by karimlo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:28 am

Thank you for the help it is solved.
It was the FTP enabled. I had to turn it off. I don't know if that is a wise solution.

adam_nz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by adam_nz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 pm

I get the same problem. Two identical Joomla installs. Same ISP/host for both sites. FTP layer works on one, but not the other. I've double-checked the login info and the FTP root. All appears correct.

movementmktg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by movementmktg » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:29 am

i get the same problem, but I can't turn off the ftp, if i try it gives me an error that says "An Error has occurred! Unable to open configuration.php file to write!"

Ephrica
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Ephrica » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:26 pm

If I deactivate my FTP will it affect my site in anyway?

rohanraja
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rohanraja » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:02 am

I m too facing the problem.. someone please explain why it is happening.

jamesklyne
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jamesklyne » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:36 pm

LOL at this issue lasting 5 years and still being persistant. There are plenty offers for solution all over the internet, but so far none seem to work for some.

The top tier joomla experts ignore posts like these snarking, read the manual, do the search etc...

I guess they're geniuses who never encountered any problem in life that they couldn't solve themselves through due dilligence.

Well, that doesn't always work and leads to frustration by users. However, high level IT people usually have a low tolerance in dealing with the very people utilizing their creation.

Again, the persistence of this issue over 5 years is laughable. Its a common error. The solution isn't to simply document how to fix it, but to make it practically impossible to commit.

The power of complexity is useless to society if they cannot understand how to use the tools. After all, we are simply problem solvers utilizing tools to achieve an objective. Of course none of this matters if you remove yourself from general society and participate only in a particular sect (ie other smart people). But then you will eventually lose your ability rejoin general society and will evolve off into a separate species, or die off.

rohanraja
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rohanraja » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:06 am

jamesklyne wrote:LOL at this issue lasting 5 years and still being persistant. There are plenty offers for solution all over the internet, but so far none seem to work for some.

The top tier joomla experts ignore posts like these snarking, read the manual, do the search etc...

I guess they're geniuses who never encountered any problem in life that they couldn't solve themselves through due dilligence.

Well, that doesn't always work and leads to frustration by users. However, high level IT people usually have a low tolerance in dealing with the very people utilizing their creation.

Again, the persistence of this issue over 5 years is laughable. Its a common error. The solution isn't to simply document how to fix it, but to make it practically impossible to commit.

The power of complexity is useless to society if they cannot understand how to use the tools. After all, we are simply problem solvers utilizing tools to achieve an objective. Of course none of this matters if you remove yourself from general society and participate only in a particular sect (ie other smart people). But then you will eventually lose your ability rejoin general society and will evolve off into a separate species, or die off.
I support ...even I m not getting sufficient help :( ...its happening with lot of people...its like if you can't pay we won't help ...most of suggestions are in favor of joomlashine which sells joomla templates.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:57 am

rohanraja wrote:I support ...even I m not getting sufficient help
jamesklyne wrote:LOL at this issue lasting 5 years and still being persistant.
9/10 times this is occouring due to your server set up. 1/10 is due to you entering the wrong ftp credentials
i bet if you ran the http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860 fpa then you will see you are not running suphp and have "ownership" issues
it is amazing that after 5 years some servers are still not with it and users are being forced to use a bypass. http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leade ... oomla.html
http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leade ... en-up.html
http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leade ... -time.html
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

peterleni
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by peterleni » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:02 am

I just got the same error message after years of being able to download photos to an album.
I have no idea how to carry out this fix.
I hate Joomla with all my being. It is the worst system on the planet and the people who run it have no idea what it feels like trying to make it work.
And as for the warning at the top of this thread: Please read before posting - this means YOU - plus the one from the Forum Assistant. This shows even more what an unpleasant, arrogant lot they are.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”