Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

Post by MarHaj » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:28 pm

That's why I'm so confused!
Well, as I said: try to check up your global variables.
They ca interact with Joomla ones. The possibility of this rises if they are give "normal" names.

And one more thing - when including the script into Joomla article is far more delicate then including it as a standalone application.
Have you tried your script to be run from Jumi application or from Joomla article ony?
MarHaj

bigspring
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bigspring » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:39 pm

MarHaj wrote: Well, as I said: try to check up your global variables.
They ca interact with Joomla ones. The possibility of this rises if they are give "normal" names.
I'll have a look and see what I can work out.
MarHaj wrote:And one more thing - when including the script into Joomla article is far more delicate then including it as a standalone application.
Have you tried your script to be run from Jumi application or from Joomla article ony?
I have tried it both ways with the same results each time :(

I may resort to trying the default Joomla! form validation options as I found view the forum you posted before.

Thanks for the help so far. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. I'll crack it somehow!

bigspring
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bigspring » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:27 pm

As expected, I resorted back to the standard Joomla! form validation options. Fortunately there are no checkboxes/radio buttons on this form as Joomla! does not support them as standard (although there are extensions that will do this).

For anyone else experiencing the same problems, please read here for info: http://docs.joomla.org/Form_validation

Thanks for all your help anyway MarHaj!

stormanf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by stormanf » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 am

Hi,
I've been trying all day to get the Jumi plugin working in my Joomla 1.5.9 installation. The PHP code just prints on the article page. The strange thing is that if I click on the "coderJumi" button at the bottom of the article page, instead of the popup interface, I get this message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

...This is true whether I use the JCE editor, or no editor at all. Any suggestions?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:25 am

I've been trying all day to get the Jumi plugin working in my Joomla 1.5.9 installation. The PHP code just prints on the article page. The strange thing is that if I click on the "coderJumi" button at the bottom of the article page, instead of the popup interface, I get this message: Internal Server Error
Stormanf,
really strange. You seem you are using Jumi 2.1, don't you? It should work from Joomla! 1.5.8 above.
And as to the popup - there is really nothing special in it.

It seems to me there is something wrong with Jumi installation: uninstall it and install it from the scratch.

Have you got any problems with another component, plugins, etc. in your setup?
MarHaj

stormanf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by stormanf » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks for your help.
Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Jumi 2.1.0 Beta3 several times with the same result. This morning I tried installing Jumi 2.0.4; though I haven't checked out all the features, it does seem to work: it will run code I've placed in a selected file which is located in another directory. However, the article window does not have a "JumiCoder" button at all.
I think I mentioned that I was running Joomla 1.5.9--but actually it is Joomla 1.5.10.
Charlie
MarHaj wrote:
I've been trying all day to get the Jumi plugin working in my Joomla 1.5.9 installation. The PHP code just prints on the article page. The strange thing is that if I click on the "coderJumi" button at the bottom of the article page, instead of the popup interface, I get this message: Internal Server Error
Stormanf,
really strange. You seem you are using Jumi 2.1, don't you? It should work from Joomla! 1.5.8 above.
And as to the popup - there is really nothing special in it.

It seems to me there is something wrong with Jumi installation: uninstall it and install it from the scratch.

Have you got any problems with another component, plugins, etc. in your setup?

markuseriksson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markuseriksson » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi!
Thanks for a great extension. Been very useful to me.
I am now using the beta of ver 2.1 on Joomla 1.5.11.
And have run into a problem, I have searched this whole thread for an answer and else where also.
I have a piece of Jumi code {jumi [*1]} inserted on one of my articles. It works great when viewing the article and on the front page when the article is visible there.
BUT...when I link to a category using the Blog Layout and the article appears on that page (i.e category page with other articles from that category), jumi is not working, just displays {jumi [*1]} in the article text.
I read somewhere sometime ago that plugins are not parsed on category pages, is this correct? If yes, is there any hack or other way to get this to work?
This is really bugging me, so any help would be highly appreciated.
Again, thanks for a great extension.
/Markus

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:20 pm

This morning I tried installing Jumi 2.0.4; though I haven't checked out all the features, it does seem to work: it will run code I've placed in a selected file which is located in another directory. However, the article window does not have a "JumiCoder" button at all.
Charlie,
2.0.4 stable differs in many features from 2.1 which is still in beta.
For example there is no possibility (no JumiCoder) to write the codes directly into the article.

But... but what I see as a problem is Jumi 2.1 stubborn habit not to run on your site.
To tell the truth I have absolutely no idea what's going wrong with 2.1 }internal servor errors, 404 pages, ...) if 2.0.4 seems to be O.K.
Charlie, what server do you run? Apache? And php 4 or 5?
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:29 pm

jumi is not working, just displays {jumi [*1]}
Markus,
(is it you? Sweden, Filippa & Aminda? If so you are welcomed here! If no, you are welcomed here too!)

So quick fix of the problem:
Jumi 2.0 syntax differs form 2.1. I am sorry for this but it was needed from the point of new possibilities.
For Jumi 2.1 plugin you have to write

Code: Select all

{jumi *1}{/jumi}
and it will be (should be) O.K.
Rem: there are many other possibilities in syntax parameters. See Jumi 2.1 guide (at the worst). ;)
MarHaj

stormanf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by stormanf » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:20 pm

MarHaj,
Thanks for your note...perhaps I should stick with 2.0.4 until a stable version of 2.1 comes out?
My host is Canadian Webhosting (DNS: 76.74.229.4);
Apache 2.2.11 (Unix);
PHP 5.2.6;
MYSQL 5.0.81-community;
OS Linux
The website itself is still under development--but it's viewable at http://www.sydenhamstreet.ca/index.php
I actually want to use a couple of variables. One will insert a filename into the code, which in turn will call a QuickTime controller to play the desired file. I'm still experimenting to see if I can get the variables to work with the plugin script. Any suggestions are welcome! Here is the script that works for me now in Jumi 2.0.4--I haven't tried adding the variables yet:

<!-- CODE FOR IE BROWSERS: -->   
   <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="250" height="16">
      <param name="src" value="/images/stories/LiL/1-angel.mp3">
      <param name="autoplay" value="false">
      <param name="kioskmode" value="true">
      <!-- CODE FOR STANDARD BROWSERS: -->
      <!--[if !IE]>-->				
         <object type="video/quicktime" data="/images/stories/LiL/1-angel.mp3" id="controller2" width="250" height="16">
            <param name="controller" value="true">
         </object> 				
      <!--<![endif]-->
   </object>
Charlie
MarHaj wrote:
This morning I tried installing Jumi 2.0.4; though I haven't checked out all the features, it does seem to work: it will run code I've placed in a selected file which is located in another directory. However, the article window does not have a "JumiCoder" button at all.
Charlie,
2.0.4 stable differs in many features from 2.1 which is still in beta.
For example there is no possibility (no JumiCoder) to write the codes directly into the article.

But... but what I see as a problem is Jumi 2.1 stubborn habit not to run on your site.
To tell the truth I have absolutely no idea what's going wrong with 2.1 }internal servor errors, 404 pages, ...) if 2.0.4 seems to be O.K.
Charlie, what server do you run? Apache? And php 4 or 5?

markuseriksson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markuseriksson » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Hello again!
Yes, it is me :)
Thanks for the quick reply.
Anyhow, rushing along in my day I thought I had downloaded the beta of 2.1 but somehow I had managed to download a 2.0 version. Anyhow I uninstalled, got the 2.1 beta and installed it instead, changed the syntax to {jumi *1}{/jumi} as you wrote, BUT it is still the same behavior.
Works in article view and front page view, but in category view, i.e linked to as a Category Blog Layout the {jumi *1}{/jumi} becomes visible, i.e it does not work there.
Any ideas?
Like I said I have read all over the place for a solution...

Update: Did some more testing, tried a different template (good old beez) - turned my site into a temporary mess, but in that mess I was able to clearly tell that the plugin worked just fine in the category view also, i.e something messed up in the templates override of that view.
Will start digging tomorrow (after some sleep :geek: to see if I can find the problem)

/Markus

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:10 am

still experimenting to see if I can get the variables to work with the plugin script. Any suggestions are welcome! Here is the script that works for me now in Jumi 2.0.4--I haven't tried adding the variables yet:
Charlie,
Using variables with Jumi is a childish play.
Let's see as an example your script with Jumi plugin 2.0.x
In the example I want to modify mp3 file.

1. changing the code:
Code:

<object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="250" height="16">
      <param name="src" value="/images/stories/LiL/<?php echo $jumi[0]; ?>">
      <!--[if !IE]>-->            
         <object type="video/quicktime" data="/images/stories/LiL/<?php echo $jumi[0]; ?>" id="controller2" width="250" height="16">
         </object>             
      <!--<![endif]-->
   </object>
2. using the code
{jumi [pathname to the code][1-angel.mp3]}
{jumi [pathname to the code][devil.mp3]}
{jumi [pathname to the code][god.mp3]}
...etc...

Explanation
You can pass by jumi syntax any number of arguments into the script:
{jumi [filepathname][arg1][arg2][arg3][arg4]}
Arguments are accessible via $jumi[] array in the script.

As to your question whether to wait to 2.1 stable:
- jumi 2.1 beta plugin is in quite stable state and it offers far more possibilities then that of 2.0
- there are some 2.1 router plugin issues (that concerns Jumi component SEO) they are still unsolved. It is main reason why the whole package is still in beta. You can see all unresolved issues here.
- if you decide to use 2.0 then you can use your scripts with 2.1 plugin as well. But you have to use another syntax. In the example above it will be:
{jumi pathname}<?php $jumi[0]='1-angel.mp3'; ?>{/jumi}

Your host setup seems to be fine. I really do not know now why 2.0 jumi plugin works while 2.1 doesn't. I will have to do some research. Your information about the setup is very valuable for this. Thanks!
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:17 am

Markus,
template issue?
You are a genius - it could be.
We are doing tests with standard rhuk-milkyway and ja-purity templates only.
And I know, from Joomla! forum, there are templates, under which no curly brackets plugins are running. (It was first announced several months ago but still nobody knows the true reason.)
MarHaj

markuseriksson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by markuseriksson » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi again!
Just want to report my findings, maybe they will be useful somewhere.
It was a template issue.
When I changed the template (my template = JA Teline 2)override file in:
templates/ja_teline_ii/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php
to the same one from Beez template, it all worked fine (well not the layout, but the jumi thing).
So searching through blog_item.php code from JA Teline 2 I found that the output of the text was stored in:

$this->item->introtext
So I created a little hack in the file that says:

$tochange = $this->item->introtext;
$part1 = array('{jumi [*1]}', '{jumi [*2]}');
$part2 = array('<h3 style="font-size: 150%; font-weight: 400;">', '</h3>');
$this->item->introtext = str_replace($part1, $part2, $tochange);
Note: For the sake of the story I should say that the really simple thing I wanted to use Jumi for here was to change between <h2>, <h3> or <h4> tags for the headings in the article depending on where the article is shown.

Now it works as expected in category and frontpage view (with the help of Jumi) and in category view (with intro texts enabled) with the aid of my little hack.
Off course this is not a solution that would for anything more complicated, but for this it works.

Note: I went back to using Jumi 2.0.3 instead of the 2.1 beta cause for this little task that I need to duplicate several times it was easier to write {jumi [*1]} than {jumi *1}{/jumi}. Call me lazy if you wish ;)

Conclusion: With intro texts in category view enabled in my template things get messed up. I have my family waiting for us to go on holidays so I have not had the time to test:
1. If it works as expected in my template without using intro texts
2. Sort out why the h*ck it worked in Beez

Final note: I am not an advanced programmer of any kind so I hope this information will be helpful either to the development of Jumi or to somebody else in a similar situation.

Markus

nozo1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nozo1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:56 am

Is Ajax supported by Jumi ?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:39 am

Just want to report my findings, maybe they will be useful somewhere.
Markus, your findings are extremely useful! If you dont't mind I would like to pubish your findings in Jumi blog. Can I?

As to your comment to "it was easier to write {jumi [*1]} than {jumi *1}{/jumi}" you have found my internal conflict. I would like to maintain both simplicity and possibility to include scripts directly into the syntax. In 2.0 it is easy - there is no such possibility. But in 2.1 I have not found the solution I am afraid. Theoretically I can use syntax {jumi [*1][written scrip]} but in case there is a "]}" in the written script, what I cannot exclude, it fails. But I am still looking for idea, how to mintain syntax simplicity + possibility. If you have any will you be so kind and tell me? Thanks.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:45 am

Is Ajax supported by Jumi ?
Jumi does nothing but includes something into the Joomla! pages.
So I think if you create "something" that is ajaxified, then you will have your Ajax application. There are some developers who did it by this way.
As for me I know nothing about Ajax guts.
MarHaj

Mystic1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mystic1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi, i wonder if anyone would be able to help me, im new at this and cant figure out what im doing wrong, its probably really simple, here goes.

I was having trouble getting sef urls to work with jumi, so on my jumi pages i went into 404sef edit/view and added a new url as this

http://www.online-psychic-reading.co.uk/love-calculator

Which is all good and works, but i cant figure out how to link to it, i can only get to link to the old non sef url which is this

http://www.online-psychic-reading.co.uk ... /fileid,3/

Even stranger, when i went back to try and edit the sef url again, its not in there! I know you are probably thinking "of course it is!" but its not :(

I tried doing a custom redirect from 404sef, but it has to start with index.php so i used this

http://www.online-psychic-reading.co.uk ... i&fileid=3

Which of course does redirect to /love-calculator, but doesnt help me get a link to stop saying the whole componant/option,com_jumi/Itemid,79/fileid,3/ thing.

I hope im making some sense, i have searched the forum but couldnt find anything, ive also read the consise guide to jumi, but i cant figure it out. any help appreciated.

kokolapin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kokolapin » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Hello !

I would like to know if Jumi can load modules from another domain.

I have a website split over several databases/sub domains.
I am looking for something that can "syndicate" several modules from several of my sites.

I have posted a thread here http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 5#p1756345

And I've been told jumi could may be do it.

The thing is that i have absolutely no idea how to do it or how to add an url to a module (i first thought i could do such module myself, but well, i'm not a coder so it is still myterious sometimes).
nb: the modules i want to syndicate mainly come from an app called "adsfactory" which has several modules (latest ads, random ads...). As the sub-domains are iin fact for better categorization of ads, i wondered if i could syndicate everything on the main website.

Can Jumi do it and, if poossible, can someone show how to do it ?

Many thanks in advance !!

Soul Reaver
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Soul Reaver » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:43 pm

MarHaj wrote:
I'm sure im doing something wrong i just don't know what yet!
Soul,
thanks for your responce. I was able to figure out what's going well.
And i checked jumi source to find the reason.
Well and now ... how to say it ... well, I am feeling quite ashamed, stupid, idiotic, foolish, mindless, insane.
Jumi plugin does not include file the whole record from a component record, it includes just a written script not a file.
I really do not know now why I did it. It was either intentionally or unintentionally. Probably intentionally because Jumi cheatsheet states this explicitly.
I GREATLY apologize I did not realize it when answering you question and for all the troubles you had. Can you forgive me?

Quick fix:
in the "Custom Sript" area of the component write

<?php include($_JUMI_ROOT.DS."Site_Feedback_Forum.php"); ?>
or you can use include_once, require, require_once as well.

Well.
I can make an option to include files form component too. For example with double asterrisk like
**ID. What do you think?

Thanks MarHaj the above worked a treat ;) thanks again for your quick response.
I'm new be gentle :O

nunocordeiro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nunocordeiro » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:08 am

Hi guys,

I'm building a web app with Jumi and I'm doing quite a few Ajax requests.
However, in order to use Joomla's access control, my Ajax request loads an entire Joomla page and gets the response I need from a div. This allows me to use the Joomla global variables on the responding page and check if the user is authorized to make the AJAX request.

However, it is obvious that this is not the best way to do it. It's a huge waste to load the hole page every time, and I'd like to know if someone has a better way to use Joomla's access control without loading a full page.

I hope I was able to make myself clear but, if not, please say so and I'll try my best to be clearer.

trademoneyman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by trademoneyman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:00 pm

I created a form and added it to an article using jumi plugin syntax. When I submit my form, it updates the database just fine, but then jumps out of the joomla environment and reloads the page in a new page. How do I keep the form results(even if it is a simple thank you page) inside of the same article?

dannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dannette » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:33 pm

I created a form and added it to an article using jumi plugin syntax. When I submit my form, it updates the database just fine, but then jumps out of the joomla environment and reloads the page in a new page. How do I keep the form results(even if it is a simple thank you page) inside of the same article?
I had that same problem when using

<form method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>">
but fixed it by making the action the same page using the jumi component (index.php?option=com_jumi.....)
Building with Joomla! since 2005!
Dannette Voorhis

trademoneyman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by trademoneyman » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:08 pm

I tried this, and it still brings up a new page outside of Joomla. Maybe I am missing something, what goes after option=com_jumi.....?

jasonpearce
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jasonpearce » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:58 pm

I recently upgraded from Joomla Version 1.5.11 to Version 1.5.12. My Jumi version remains 2.1.0 beta (April 2009).

After the Joomla upgrade, the pages that rely on Jumi now display this Notice:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$usertype in /home/wonderwarecentral/dev.wwc8.dreamhosters.com/plugins/system/jumi.php on line 44
Here are lines 43-47 of that file:

//Clear the Jumi code and syntax from the article in the frontend? If yes then clear and end
if ($this->getClearing( $this->pluginParams->get( 'clear_code'), $this->getGroupIdFromType($article->usertype) )) {
	$article->text = preg_replace( $this->regex, '', $article->text );
	return true;
}
Any recommendations on how to resolve this issue? I know I'm using a Beta of Jumi and that Joomla 1.5.12 is rather new, so I understand if I just have to wait for an update or non-beta release.

jasonpearce
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jasonpearce » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Never mind. I'm an idiot. It appears all that I have to do to hide these errors is to change Global Configuration > Server > Error Reporting from "Maximum" to "System Default." After I made this change, the Notices went away.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:57 pm

I am looking for something that can "syndicate" several modules from several of my sites.
Kokolapin,
what an interesting idea. I like it!
The question is how to do that?

So let's go into theory.
Module is a piece of code stored in Joomla database which is loaded into the predefined position into the Joomla template and then rendered.
You cannot approach a module itself by its URL because it is a part of the whole page only.

But you can approach the code stored in the database.
How to connect to foreign database can be found in Joomla documentation (I know it is possible to connect to foreign database but I have never tried to connect to the database that resides on another server - and this is exactly your case).
Another kind of the complication is that your modules code most probably takes data from the database too. So you have to rewrite them by regex.
The method having been just described seems too complicated for me.

Another idea.
Write a code that feeds modules on each of your "subsidiary sites" and the "main side" will syndicate them (into the article, into the module or as a standalone page).
I do not know how to do that but there are extensions you can get inspired by. For example Ed, the other Jumi developer, wrote blogger.php (part of standard Jumi distribution package), that does that with blogposts syndication into the Joomla.

I am sorry I cannot give you better information. I have never dealt with it.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:01 pm

I was having trouble getting sef urls to work with jumi, so on my jumi pages i went into 404sef edit/view and added a new url as this...
Mystic1!
it need not be your fault. Jumi SEF has still some reserves there.
I will check it up and let you know tomorrow. OK?
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:06 pm

my Ajax request loads an entire Joomla page and gets the response I need from a div. This allows me to use the Joomla global variables on the responding page and check if the user is authorized to make the AJAX request.
Nunocordeiro,
I wish I could help you. I know nothing about Ajax.
Let's hope some more knowledgeable reader of this thread will read it and will respond!
MarHaj

stormanf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by stormanf » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:11 pm

MarHaj,

Thank you so much for your help--Jumi 2.0.4 plugins are now up on my site and running fine for me. They've enabled me to add a QuickTime controller to play MP3 files to several pages--you can see an example at http://www.sydenhamstreet.ca/church-com ... ecost.html .

I must say that your instructions below were a great help. I haven't been able to find anything as clear in the Jumi documentation. I did struggle, however, in setting up the proper path to the Jumi module file; I finally used the module ID, and that solved the problem. It would be really nice if someone could write a clear, concise, step-by-step tutorial on how to set up Jumi from scratch!

Thanks again,

Charlie
Charlie,
Using variables with Jumi is a childish play.
Let's see as an example your script with Jumi plugin 2.0.x
In the example I want to modify mp3 file.

1. changing the code:
Code:

<param name="src" value="/images/stories/LiL/<?php echo $jumi[0]; ?>">
      <!--[if !IE]>-->            
         <object type="video/quicktime" data="/images/stories/LiL/<?php echo $jumi[0]; ?>" id="controller2" width="250" height="16">
         </object>             
      <!--<![endif]-->
   </object>
2. using the code
{jumi [pathname to the code][1-angel.mp3]}
{jumi [pathname to the code][devil.mp3]}
{jumi [pathname to the code][god.mp3]}
...etc...

Explanation
You can pass by jumi syntax any number of arguments into the script:
{jumi [filepathname][arg1][arg2][arg3][arg4]}
Arguments are accessible via $jumi[] array in the script.

As to your question whether to wait to 2.1 stable:
- jumi 2.1 beta plugin is in quite stable state and it offers far more possibilities then that of 2.0
- there are some 2.1 router plugin issues (that concerns Jumi component SEO) they are still unsolved. It is main reason why the whole package is still in beta. You can see all unresolved issues here.
- if you decide to use 2.0 then you can use your scripts with 2.1 plugin as well. But you have to use another syntax. In the example above it will be:
{jumi pathname}<?php $jumi[0]='1-angel.mp3'; ?>{/jumi}

Your host setup seems to be fine. I really do not know now why 2.0 jumi plugin works while 2.1 doesn't. I will have to do some research. Your information about the setup is very valuable for this. Thanks!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”