Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

Post by MarHaj » Sat May 16, 2009 8:30 am

It is an array that I populate inside the function. I have set the array to global inside and if I echo my variables inside the function as a test only) the data is there. Might it be register globals on/off??
Could be.
So inside the function data is OK, outside it there are not. Is it right?

You can also try to reach your array through superglobal PHP $GLOBALS array. Your array, that was specified in your function as global, should be stored in it.
Test it by

Code: Select all

var_dump($GLOBALS['name_of_your_array']);
I think it will help you without dealing "magic" with register_globals on/off.

More readings on the topic can be found here: http://cz.php.net/manual/en/language.va ... .scope.php
MarHaj

Todlerone2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Todlerone2 » Sun May 17, 2009 2:46 am

TY MarHaj. The other day you helped me with my form problem. With your suggestions I was able to get the form call-outs to work. The only sag I have now is that when it opens the Jumi component file

print("<form method=\"post\" action=\"index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=03\">");
it opens in a full screen not a template module position. How can I get it to open in a certain position.

TY
Cheers

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun May 17, 2009 12:09 pm

it opens in a full screen not a template module position. How can I get it to open in a certain position.
1. First create a module with included form processing php script. I suggest you to use Jumi module for this.
2. Publish the module into an appropriate (template position) and into the appropriate Joomla! page (one only): it is connected to Joomla! menu item + URL. Copy the URL where the module is shown.
3. Paste the URL into the form action. You can strip out from URL everything before index.php?option...
4. Enjoy the results!
MarHaj

Todlerone2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Todlerone2 » Sun May 17, 2009 1:33 pm

MarHaj wrote:
1. First create a module with included form processing php script. I suggest you to use Jumi module for this.
2. Publish the module into an appropriate (template position) and into the appropriate Joomla! page (one only): it is connected to Joomla! menu item + URL. Copy the URL where the module is shown.
3. Paste the URL into the form action. You can strip out from URL everything before index.php?option...
4. Enjoy the results!
It's people like you that make open source a world wide success. Cheers to you and your family.

DerTom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to Upload files to JUMI Code

Post by DerTom » Mon May 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi,

i'am using Jumi 2.0.

I developed a Form, in there, there is a File Upload. Outside Jumi, everything works fine, when i integrate it via the Plugin call, every Variable from the form is passed, but not the File.

I did a Print_R in the Source and i can't see the input file variable. Do i have to take another Variable to access the uploaded file ?

Well i searched Google, i searched the Forums and the Support Sites of Jumi and i havn't find an answer to that.

Please, can anyone help ?

Thx a lot.

dmllc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dmllc » Tue May 19, 2009 3:43 pm

i am trying to call a var i defined in a jumi component into a jumi module displayed on the same page, but it does not work:

jumi component - <?php $hCity = "Fort Walton Beach"; ?>
jumi module - <input name="city" value="<?php echo $hCity; ?>" />

why wont this work? is the var defined in the jumi component local?

i am using jumi2.0.3 in joomla 1.5

BTW, i added $hCity to the $GLOBAL array but the var still does not print in the jumi module.

dax702
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Does jumi not accept <br /> ?

Post by dax702 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:57 am

Does jumi not accept <br /> ?
I put them in to separates lines in an input form, and every time I save it, they disappear :(

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Thu May 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Does jumi not accept <br /> ? I put them in to separates lines in an input form, and every time I save it, they disappear
In my set up <br /> works in all Jumi extension.
Please, could you tell me what extension do you have the problem with? Component, module, plugin?
And what version? I will have a deeper look at it.
Thanks!
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Thu May 21, 2009 12:25 pm

i can't see the input file variable
Try to use another variable name first. Exotic one is prefarable. You know - from within a plugin your code "sees" all Joomla global variables an if names of your variable and Joomla! one are the same you will get The Problem.

Rem: you can use php var_dupm(); for verification too.
MarHaj

rayge
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by rayge » Thu May 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Make that var_dump(); :P
http://www.casualgamesource.com Over 1000 FREE pc and mac casual games!
http://www.thedecoratinglady.com Decorating articles for every room in your home!

dannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dannette » Thu May 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Hello. I am still using your great plugin. I have made a parameter using usermeta plugin so I could get a user variable to pass to another site using jumi. However, I would like the link to go to the new site with a wrapper. I cannot figure out how to accomplish this. The jumi page works fine but I don't know how to get the dynamic url into a wrapper. Can you help? The url is something like this http://newdomain.com/page.asp?uservar=5000 and this would cause the person to automatically be logged into the new site. I have tried with plugin, module and component with no luck.
Building with Joomla! since 2005!
Dannette Voorhis

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri May 22, 2009 7:14 am

I would like the link to go to the new site with a wrapper. I cannot figure out how to accomplish this.
I'm using <iframe> tag for this. It wraps the whole pages/3rd party application into own pages.
You will find the description of its attributes on internet.
MarHaj

dannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dannette » Fri May 22, 2009 1:11 pm

Thanks - I'll try that.
Dannette Voorhis

dannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dannette » Fri May 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Well, I tried this:

<iframe src ="{jumi['winlogin.php']}" width="700" height="600">
  <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>
and it doesn't seem to want to work (Not Found error - also tried full path). Then I tried it with the page (index.php?option=com_content...) and it made it look like the site repeating itself within the iframe.

<iframe src ="includes/jumies/winlogin.php" width="700" height="600">
  <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>
gives an internal server error.
Dannette Voorhis

dannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dannette » Fri May 22, 2009 2:04 pm

OK - I figured it out - using the jumi component, I put it in the iframe and it seems to work.
Dannette Voorhis

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Sat May 23, 2009 11:14 pm

Dear MarHaj, hello rayge, dax702, dmllc,Todlerone2 and dannette - good day dear friends

i am currently workin on a page: http://www.jobstarters.org it is in beta-stage. So do not bear with me! Well, many friends said that i should avioid to install community-builder. I try to do it with joomunity or K2 or jumi,

well we can be happy with the great modules and components that are offered. I really love joomla and i am willing to learn all bout jumi And yes. I really love joomla. i must say that i am happy wiht the features.

To start with the beginning: i am pretty new to joomla! i run the newest version of joomla.And i admire the great feature-set of joomla. Well i do not mind the learing curve. I am willing to learn. At the moment i just wanted to know if i can do this with

See the page http://jobstarter.ch/index.php?id=14

a. cb (or an other extension of joomla)
b. joomunity
or another component like a k2-component or Jumi

i want to publish stories like the folks over there do it. See the little stories that are published there. i guess that the jumi-Features are ready to solve this.
and which tool can be used there fore

love to hear from you

best regards

BTW see the site-concept: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=515&t=381757
What i want to have first is to publish some stories of the user - like we have here http://jobstarter.ch/index.php?id=14 see the top right block. Well this is a feature of Joomunity - a very very basic and simple-Feature isn ´t it!? But how to reach it!? I look forward to hear from you
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

ghardin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ghardin » Sun May 24, 2009 6:25 pm

How do I get the latest verison of the plugin?
I need to change the default JUMI pathway to a folder under the root Joomla path. The pathway is supposed be able to be changed in the plugin admin but my plugin (part of 2.1 beta download) does not have that ability and I can not find anywhere eles to change it.
Please advise.
Thanks

juicyfruit
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by juicyfruit » Mon May 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi MarHaj,

Hope you can give me some pointers.

I am also using mosmap. from tech.reumer.net
google maps

How do you embed a joomla plugin into jumi?

ie.

I insert

>>>>

{mosmap address='1 pitt st, 2000, Sydney, New South wales ,Australia'|zoom='15'|zoomType='Large'|zoomNew='1'|mapType='MAP'|showMaptype='1'| overview='1'|text='
Sydney
'}
>>>>

I only get the above text, not the mosmap output.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 26, 2009 6:49 am

I want to publish stories like the folks over there do it. See the little stories that are published there. i guess that the jumi-Features are ready to solve this.
Joo,
I suppose you have stories somewhere stored. And you do not bother about "how to get them there". So you just want to publish them somewhere.
Well, with Jumi, the process is as follows:
a) you have to write a php code that grabs the source and shows it.
b) then choose where do you want it to be publish: for module position it is Jumi module, for a standalone page use Jumi component and if you want your output to be shown in standard Joomla articles, use Jumi plugin.
c) push your code into the selected Jumi extension.
That's generally all.
The critical factor is, as you can see, point a). It does depend on your coding abilities and, sometimes, knowledge of Joomla API environment: see docs.joomla.org for this.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 26, 2009 6:57 am

How do I get the latest verison of the plugin?
Ghardin:
the latest released versions are available at
http://jumi.vedeme.cz/

If you need developer's versions, latest and previous, then check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP. SVN checkout:
http://jumi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
The pathway is supposed be able to be changed in the plugin admin but my plugin
Yes it is. It is set in Jumi system plugin parameters AND is available in a 2.1 module and 2.1 component.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 26, 2009 7:09 am

How do you embed a joomla plugin into jumi?
The question was probably about including mosmap into jumi?
I only get the above text, not the mosmap output.
Well,
it generally depends on plugin precedence with which they come to live.
Try to swap the current order in admin backend. It helps sometimes.
Then write the code {jumi}{mosmap}{/jumi} into the article.
If the swapping does not help then yes that's the problem: plugin nesting also depends on Joomla trigger event coded into the plugin. Rewriting the plugin code is necessary then I'm affraid.
MarHaj

ghardin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ghardin » Wed May 27, 2009 2:27 am

I found a 2nd JUMI plugin "SYSTEM-JUMI" that has the admin as described, but I also have a "JUMI" plugin that is a content plugin and it does not allow the pathway to be changed. Why are there 2 plugins? Can I remove the "JUMI" content plugin? It might be left from a previous version.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed May 27, 2009 5:11 am

Why are there 2 plugins? Can I remove the "JUMI" content plugin?
Content plugin is up-to-2.1-version plugin.
Sustem plugin is current 2.1 beta.

Be free to remove content plugin. And remeber: 2.1 (system plugin) has got new syntax (+ new plugin abilities): {jumi xx}zzz{/jumi}
MarHaj

PuckOfPooksHill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PuckOfPooksHill » Sat May 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi MarHaj (et al),

I have a small problem which I hope you might be able to help me with (thanks to all the team for Jumi BTW). I've had a quick scan of this thread and can't see a similar problem/solution (apologies if I've missed something)

I'm accessing a page containing a script via a (Jumi) menu item as follows:

(webURL)/index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=10
That's fine. The page/script loads in the main content area and functions correctly.

I have some additional custom modules (mod_custom) that should appear in a right hand column... ...except they don't. If the custom modules are set to show in 'All menus' they appear. If they are set to show in the Jumi menu item (and one or two other non Jumi menu items) only they don't. I believe that it's a Jumi related problem because the same custom modules appear on the other individual menus (when the menu type isn't Jumi). Any thoughts as to why? Am I doing something stupid?

I think I might be able to work around the problem using an article and the Jumi plugin, but even if it works (and I've yet to try it) it feels like a bit of a kludge. I'd appreciate your input.

PaulS
Joomla 1.5.10. Jumi 2.0.1

PuckOfPooksHill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PuckOfPooksHill » Sat May 30, 2009 2:52 pm

A quick update. My work around didn't work either. I used the plugin as follows {jumi [(path to php)]} in an uncategorised page and created an article type menu link to that page. Again the page containing the script showed correctly and modules would show in the right hand position when set to 'All' menus but not when set to the single menu. It would appear that someting in Jumi is breaking something else.

paulS

PuckOfPooksHill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PuckOfPooksHill » Sat May 30, 2009 4:06 pm

I take it all (most of it) back. It was me being stupid. The second menu link was missing the Itemid bit. Ooops. Anyway, my problem has (I hope) led me to a more elegant solution (for my underlying problem) using the jumi module. I did find, however, that when using the plugin and the syntax {jumi [*item]}, if I linked to a *item which had the code in the item rather than linking to an external script, it worked. If I linked to a *item that in turn linked to an external script it didn't. The syntax {jumi [(path/to/phpscript.php)]}. Is this something to do with the "nested" parameter?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun May 31, 2009 6:47 am

If I linked to a *item that in turn linked to an external script it didn't. The syntax {jumi [(path/to/phpscript.php)]}. Is this something to do with the "nested" parameter?
Nesting is rather different.
If plugin nesting parameter is ON and if target phpscipt.php contains {jumi [(path/to/phpscript1.php)]} then phpscript1.php is evaluated. If nesting is OFF then only top level phpscript.php is run while {jumi [(path/to/phpscript1.php)]} is taken as a text without any meaning (as if you have written blablabla there).
MarHaj

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Sun May 31, 2009 11:31 am

hello MarHaj

many thanks for the reply. Great to hear from you... !!
MarHaj wrote:
I want to publish stories like the folks over there do it. See the little stories that are published there. i guess that the jumi-Features are ready to solve this.
Joo,
I suppose you have stories somewhere stored. And you do not bother about "how to get them there". So you just want to publish them somewhere.
Well, with Jumi, the process is as follows:
a) you have to write a php code that grabs the source and shows it.
b) then choose where do you want it to be publish: for module position it is Jumi module, for a standalone page use Jumi component and if you want your output to be shown in standard Joomla articles, use Jumi plugin.
c) push your code into the selected Jumi extension.
That's generally all.
The critical factor is, as you can see, point a). It does depend on your coding abilities and, sometimes, knowledge of Joomla API environment: see docs.joomla.org for this.

MarHaj, can i do the job that is needed in a. with a compontent that is shown here...

with the component that is called steckbrief.
http://www.nobbis.net/component/option, ... Itemid,37/
http://www.nobbis.net/component/option, ... Itemid,37/

Well - it would be great to have some fields that allowes the user to add their data - at the frontpage... - finally the outcome should look like this one here - see the upper right block http://jobstarter.ch/index.php?id=14

Unfortunatly my coding skills are not enough - i will look what i can do. Anyone that can assist here.... :-[

loook forward to hear form you
joo
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

pchatel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pchatel » Sun May 31, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi MarHaj, Hi everybody,

I'm sure I've posted my yesterday post in the wrong place, I got a basic problem with jumi syntax.

Will you please read that post http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 8#p1713668 !

Thanks for your help.

Philippe
joomla! 1.5.14

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun May 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Philippe,
you are absolutely right. It's simple. Change

<?php
echo $pgn;
<APPLET codebase="." archive="mystuff/java/Viewer-Deluxe.jar" code="ChessBoard.class" width="631" height="560">
</APPLET>
?>
to

<?php
echo $pgn;
?>
<APPLET codebase="." archive="mystuff/java/Viewer-Deluxe.jar" code="ChessBoard.class" width="631" height="560">
</APPLET>
and everything will be OK.
You know: enclose in php tags php code ONLY. Other scripts, as js, html, etc., into their own blocks...
MarHaj

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”