how to use wrapper ?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
puya4ever
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

how to use wrapper ?

Post by puya4ever » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:47 am

Hy to everyone . I have successfully installed jfusion for an bridge between joomla and smf . Now I want to have same interface . How could I integrate smf in joomla like here ? Can I make it with wrapper ? How to use ti ? please help me.

dizzi
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: how to use wrapper ?

Post by dizzi » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:05 pm

First of all this forum uses phpBB3, not SMF and it uses a custom template (not the wrapper) to visually integrate that forum package. It is possible to use the Joomla! wrapper feature to integrate your forum into your template. If you wish to place the wrapper link to your forum in the top menu, you can do this as follows: Go to Menus > Top Menu > New > Wrapper > Wrapper. Fill in the title and alias fields as usual and enter the URL to your forum in the Parameters (Basic) >Wrapper URL, field. It will probably be something such as "/forum" if the forum package was installed in a subdirectory named "forum".
Freedom of expression ... some may try to suppress it but they can never take it away ...
There is no problem a good miracle can't fix.

puya4ever
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by puya4ever » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:48 pm

yes man, thanks, It working fine but can you tell me how to remove left menus from joomla to make smf width large ?

dizzi
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by dizzi » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:51 pm

puya4ever wrote:... but can you tell me how to remove left menus from joomla to make smf width large ?
Have a look at this post http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 8#p1586688.
Last edited by dizzi on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom of expression ... some may try to suppress it but they can never take it away ...

dizzi
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by dizzi » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Disregard this post. It somehow got submitted while I was re-submitting the edited version above.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”